New Owner S4 Avant

Now i dont want to rush this. I want to take my time to look the car over an make sure everything is correct.
I wonder how serious you are about that? When I found out which day my S5 was being delivered to the dealer I went there and spent over an hour checking it over before the dealer had even thought about starting their PDI. I made a note of the delivery mileage and checked off all the options on a list (yes I had written my own checklist!). Then when I returned to collect the car a few days later I was much more relaxed and could enjoy the experience (and made a note of how many miles the dealer had put on it). Now I had my own reason for doing that. When I bought my B5 S4 it was a personal import from a German dealer so I wanted to take extra care checking it - which was just as well as two zero-cost options had been missed. This time it was a UK dealer but I still wasn't taking any chances.

Anyway my personal opinion is that indeed it is best not to rush collection and, as I did, enjoy the experience.

Reactions: Keef
Thanks for the reply Dippy,

I really wanted to get over before pick up date like most people to have look and a check over, But if i did this with the dealer closed for the day it would be probably classed as breaking and entering or tresspassing :busted cop:

But i am very serious about checking it over :)

Let me know if you want a copy of my checklist then :)

So much for us being on the same boat. Mine hasn't left Emden yet.

Take your time over this, and make sure it's exactly right.

Exciting times for all you wait'ers :)

Reactions: Lastkill21
So checked Audi tracker one last time and .....

Upload 2015 6 16 8 24 20

For me this has seemed accurate which was nice :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
Sweet Ride. My bars don't fit the new A6 so pop over to classifieds.

Well booked into picking it up on saturday Morning 8.30am, Wont get change to do much as im working Saturday but will aim to get some pictures up on sunday once ive finished all my testing at work :)

@Lastkill21 - Looking foreword to the pics and your thoughts buddy

Only 3 sleeps to go ;)

Hey, was working most of Saturday so will get some pics today.

But i have her now an well i love it :D

Reactions: Keef, ub7rm, scotty76 and 1 other person
Hey guys,

Well where do I start......

Saturday Morning, Woke up it was the day to pick her up. I think this was the first point it all felt very real.
Looking outside it was a Dull day which was disappointing after all week it said it was going to be nice.
So arriving at Audi this is where the fun Began.

At this point id like to say that my salesperson Ben told me that he was leaving on Wednesday and would not be handing the car over to me. Which was fine as Stuart sounded a nice guy.

After arriving at audi we notice the work still on going in the main showroom which had been going on for a couple of months and wont be complete until august, and the first thing we see
is My car sat outside main reception. This is not something I did expect. After waiting for Stuart to meet us at reception we went to a table to chat.

We told him of a few issues we had during the wait and how we had to chase any information we needed from Ben, I don't recall a single call updating me it was always me chasing the update. I said why are the new cars parked outside and not in a "Special Room"
like most other hand over. I understand with the work going on it was hard for them but to leave them outside in the rain well didn't make it feel special to me.

So anyway after talking an asking how he could make it better for us, I asked that id want the car to have a full detail(Outside Company) and a loan car while this is done. I also mentioned that
(Cheeky part) if the loan car could be a RS model to name the Few RS3/RS4/RS6. He said leave it with him

He went off to speak to the manager. On his return he said that they would accept the Car detail, Plus they offered us some Cash back, A full tank of Fuel(which ill get my current tank is empty as it was half full) And said that
When the RS3 is on site(And working) Currently has a fault part on it he would sort me out in it.

So all in all Stuart turn it around and made some small errors Perfect.

So on to the car.

Absolutely love it.

Wanted to do a bit of mixed driving so took her on the Motorway to Cheshire oaks this morning. Im shocked. I didn't think it would be a awesome cruiser lie it is. Indicated tank says 350miles :eek:

Then onto the B roads and well what another transformation. Put it into Dynamic and well it turns from a cruiser to an animal in seconds. The noise the power just amazing. One thing I think is a must on
The cars is ADS. The car would lack something in my eyes without it (But I feel it should be stander)

Once i have done some more miles in her ill do more of a review on the driving :)

Anyway time for a few pics, Its not been great weather and she is in need of a clean now :D

All done on my phone so might not come out great

Reactions: Rich M, Bristle Hound, scotty76 and 4 others
Hey guys,

Saturday Morning, Woke up it was the day to pick her up. I think this was the first point it all felt very real.
Looking outside it was a Dull day which was disappointing after all week it said it was going to be nice.

At this point id like to say that my salesperson Ben told me that he was leaving on Wednesday and would not be handing the car over to me. Which was fine as Stuart sounded a nice guy.

After arriving at audi we notice the work still on going in the main showroom which had been going on for a couple of months and wont be complete until august, and the first thing we see
is My car sat outside main reception. This is not something I did expect. After waiting for Stuart to meet us at reception we went to a table to chat.

We told him of a few issues we had during the wait and how we had to chase any information we needed from Ben, I don't recall a single call updating me it was always me chasing the update. I said why are the new cars parked outside and not in a "Special Room"
like most other hand over. I understand with the work going on it was hard for them but to leave them outside in the rain well didn't make it feel special to me.

So anyway after talking an asking how he could make it better for us, I asked that id want the car to have a full detail(Outside Company) and a loan car while this is done. I also mentioned that
(Cheeky part) if the loan car could be a RS model to name the Few RS3/RS4/RS6. He said leave it with him

He went off to speak to the manager. On his return he said that they would accept the Car detail, Plus they offered us some Cash back, A full tank of Fuel(which ill get my current tank is empty as it was half full) And said that
When the RS3 is on site(And working) Currently has a fault part on it he would sort me out in it.

So on to the car.

Absolutely love it.

Wanted to do a bit of mixed driving so took her on the Motorway to Cheshire oaks this morning. Im shocked. I didn't think it would be a awesome cruiser lie it is. Indicated tank says 350miles :eek:

Then onto the B roads and well what another transformation. Put it into Dynamic and well it turns from a cruiser to an animal in seconds. The noise the power just amazing. One thing I think is a must on
The cars is ADS. The car would lack something in my eyes without it (But I feel it should be stander)

Once i have done some more miles in her ill do more of a review on the driving :)

Anyway time for a few pics, Its not been great weather and she is in need of a clean now :D

Very Nice! Great Pics!

Fantastic looking car! Shame that bloke in the blue jumper got in the way of it. :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Lastkill21
You're right, I think without ADS I could see some owners being disappointed so should be standard.

The estimated fuel range is a fiction. Mine always shows 350+ on fill up but never made 300 yet. I don't care. :)

Thanks for the write up and sounds like your dealer has been good in going the extra mile.
Look forward to hearing more from you and makes me even more excited seeing my car will be sepang avant like yours!
Ps. Loved the pic with the plastic pig in the background:sm4:

Hey guys,

So on to the car.

Absolutely love it.

@Lastkill21 - Great write up!

S4 Avant looking gorgeous buddy!

Nice colour too ... ;)

I read on AudiSRS that there are oil starvation problems on the RS3 and deliveries have been put back a few months. What is it with Audi and oil issues?

I asked that id want the car to have a full detail(Outside Company)
Best thing I did was get a professional detail done on my S5 shortly after delivery (using GTechniq). It has made keeping it clean and shiney so much easier. I particularly love the way I just jetwash the wheels and all the brake dust comes away. I made the right choice with the rotors too - so much easier to clean and polish than other wheel designs I have had.

Mine always shows 350+ on fill up but never made 300 yet.
Me too. I don't think I have even made 250!

Hey Dippy thanks for the checklist again.

I must be driving it wrong its on 270 miles now an still got 60 miles in it. I was thinking it would be bad till it was "broken" in

Well there are a lot of different opinions about how to treat a new engine. I decided that I was not going to 'baby' mine, but not thrash it either. For the first 400 miles I generally took it gently as per the owners manual, except that at least once per day I would do a 'compression ring' run. That is I'd take it up to about 5000rpm in 3rd or 4th and then use engine braking to slow it down as much as possible. Apparently this is good for sealing the piston rings. I also didn't worry too much about the occasional sprint in dynamic, letting the gearbox change at around 5500rpm. I had an M3 (one of the older ones) 'toy' with me at some traffic lights shortly after getting the car and I couldn't let him down could I? Then between 400 and 600 miles I started driving much more lively including the occasional redline. Since 600 miles I have started thrashing the engine. So with all that I could never expect much fuel economy could I?

P.S. time to update your sig?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Dunno, the sound outside with the windows down is pretty good. The burble you get when driving at slow speed around down and then press down a little harder than normal certainly makes people take notice from outside.

Incidentally, I've also heard mine go full throttle from standing, as a pedestrian, and I can confirm that the noise is epic. A lot of the interior noise is fake but it still sounds very good from outside too.

Fake or not it puts a grin on my face ;) an yea i think i need to update it. Will do it once in work in the morning :)

and then there is the upshift barps/farts.....never tire of those :)
Incidentally, I can easily get 350 miles out of a tankful in my 2015 S4, and that is with some good dynamic blats included :)

Well with it been a beautiful day i thought id give her a first wash,

Not a great detailer but turned out not too bad :) Really do love the colour

Reactions: ERBY, CamS4, Blackwhite and 4 others
Well there are a lot of different opinions about how to treat a new engine. I decided that I was not going to 'baby' mine, but not thrash it either. For the first 400 miles I generally took it gently as per the owners manual, except that at least once per day I would do a 'compression ring' run. That is I'd take it up to about 5000rpm in 3rd or 4th and then use engine braking to slow it down as much as possible. Apparently this is good for sealing the piston rings. I also didn't worry too much about the occasional sprint in dynamic, letting the gearbox change at around 5500rpm. I had an M3 (one of the older ones) 'toy' with me at some traffic lights shortly after getting the car and I couldn't let him down could I? Then between 400 and 600 miles I started driving much more lively including the occasional redline. Since 600 miles I have started thrashing the engine. So with all that I could never expect much fuel economy could I?

P.S. time to update your sig?

I took the same approach - didn't treat it with kid gloves at all during run in and got it first red lining on the way home from the dealers. 8000 miles on and the oil level is showing at around 75%. You only have a very short window to get those rings bedded in.

I took the same approach - didn't treat it with kid gloves at all during run in and got it first red lining on the way home from the dealers. 8000 miles on and the oil level is showing at around 75%. You only have a very short window to get those rings bedded in.

+1.
Purposely drove mine fairly hard straight out of the showroom to catch that window.
4K in and oil still max.