New owner questions

gtunney

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve just picked up a 2016 b9 S-Line saloon.

I’ve got a few questions of people wouldn’t mind answering?

Can anybody tell me if the standard mats have A4 written on the side? My car didn’t have any so I need to purchase some and the genuine ones look like they have A4 on.

Should the saloon have 2 x boot bulbs. I noticed there is 2 slots but one is empty on mine?

If I don’t have online map update via my Audi can I still do an online update via the MMI? I’ve popped a three SIM card in but I’m waiting for Audi to renew the connect license.

Thanks

Not sure about what is available now but my mats were supplied plain (2016)
I guess it depends on which model and which interior light pack you have, mine has two LED’s, one each side.
As for map updates, if your nav is card based it’s a no, if it’s a nav plus car then I think you got a number of free updates each year within the first three years so probably still a no.
What map version do you have? I did mine about two weeks ago so I can check if you like?

Not sure about what is available now but my mats were supplied plain (2016)
I guess it depends on which model and which interior light pack you have, mine has two LED’s, one each side.
As for map updates, if your nav is card based it’s a no, if it’s a tech pack car then I think you got a number of free updates each year within the first three years so probably still a no.
What map version do you have? I did mine about two weeks ago so I can check if you like?

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try hunt out some plain mats then.

It just standard LED interior that you get with the S-Line. It has the hole there but no light. I did reach in to see if I could find a cable but couldn’t.

It’s currently on 2015/2016 and it’s SD card based. I’ve seen some people with SD nav get the ability to download the maps via my Audi but I don’t have that but have the online update option in the MMI.

Well that sucks about the light. Can’t believe they’d scrimp like that. I’ll have to see if I can get a loom sent over to the UK from audiworld.

I was hoping to use built in nav but suppose I’ll just use carplay for those longer journeys.

177189-51ce257f01fb0502bfc86d80d716dc45.jpg

My mats are from Audi UK and have A4 on them.

Attachments

• mat.gif
    mat.gif
    829.5 KB · Views: 161
Don't bother updating your maps just use Waze with Carplay, its far better than the Audi navigation and shows up active warnings such as potholes, police and broken down cars.

Reactions: Kondax
My March 2016 mats have no markings on them, but I do love how they show a diagram of their position in the car on the bottom after taking them out for a clean.

I am very much out of my three years but still receive all of the connect services and my last big map update was also out of the initial three years. I have the tech pack.

Reactions: cuke2u
My March 2016 mats have no markings on them, but I do love how they show a diagram of their position in the car on the bottom after taking them out for a clean.

I am very much out of my three years but still receive all of the connect services and my last big map update was also out of the initial three years. I have the tech pack.
Actually what does you connect licences state about when they end, mine say 28/10/19. I would have thought yours would be later...

Mine is on a 4 yr pcp and I was fully intending to renew early but having seen the new model have decided to sit tight for the time being. As I have started seeing a warning message that my e-sim was coming to the end of its licence period (and struggling a little to find a payg data sim without time limit) I thought I would give Audi UK CS a call - fully expecting a fight but they couldn’t have been nicer.
“Just let me extend that for you sir, you should see the licence update in 2 or 3 days”
Licence period is now till 21.10.2020

Reactions: tickedon
So that's for the Technology pack? I might just try that myself if it is, thanks...

Interesting then what might happen with mine...
My 3 years are nearly up too. I just got in touch with audi cs via Twitter, giving them my VIN number. They’ve said they will extend the licence.

No, to get a hotspot you either purchase data from the Sim card provider, there is a link on the website version of MyAudi. Or you use a third party Sim card....

My 3 years are nearly up too. I just got in touch with audi cs via Twitter, giving them my VIN number. They’ve said they will extend the licence.
Same case with me bar the 3 year since mine is not tech pack. So before the 3 months trial ends in December, I already activated the extension via twitter CS

No, to get a hotspot you either purchase data from the Sim card provider, there is a link on the website version of MyAudi. Or you use a third party Sim card....
Thought so was just double checking. Cheers

Where some of the licences had different expiry dates previously, they now all end on the same date as mentioned above, including the WiFi hotspot...

My licenses just extended themselves in June either just before or on the day they expired by a year.

Mine also just extended themselves without me having to do anything. They now run to end of Dec 2020 by which time the car will be over 4 years old! Not bad for a 3 month introductory trial...

MyAudi website was stating the licence is coming to and end yesterday, maybe they will renew it, we'll waiting and see with fingers crossed. The car is in for it's three year service on the 25th anyway so might have a little chat with them about it...

MyAudi website was stating the licence is coming to and end yesterday, maybe they will renew it, we'll waiting and see with fingers crossed. The car is in for it's three year service on the 25th anyway so might have a little chat with them about it...

I got my car over 3 years ago, and the licence was valid for 3 months (no tech pack). They've extended it for free for me ever since it ran out 3 months into ownership, 12 months at a time. You used to be able to chat online to customer services, but I think that's been removed now, so I just emailed them this time.