New owner questions.

ed209

Reaction score
Got my avant today, as its a lease and was delivered to my door the features weren't really explained to me so i have a couple of questions

-the navigation screen immediately started showing google earth images, As far as i know audi connect hasn't been switched on so I didn't think this would work? Could the dealer have sorted it out before delivery? or alternatively could the nav be using my phone for data? I did connect my phone to the car for calls etc however I hope its not quickly using up my meagre data allowance.

- I parked the car outside the chippy tonight on quite a main road, when cars went past at speed it triggered my alarm twice, is this normal? is there a way of adjusting the sensitivity somehow?

I am sure I will be along soon with more questions.

Reactions: TripleD
Not sure about Q2 but Q1 - audi connect will almost certainly have been activated by the dealer. It operates via an embedded sim with unlimited data and the fact that google earth is operating suggests that you have been activated. Try selecting audi connect on the main menu and see if it loads the weather etc. If it does, you're connect for your "free trial".

Your phone data will only be used if you decide to use the smart phone interface via the "Audi smart phone" option on the main menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to double check, look in the connection manager - it will tell you what is connected and how. Occasionally, my Samsung will connect for data when the embedded sim doesn’t pick up a signal quick enough

Cheers for the replies!

Just tried to sort out the roof bars i bought for the car as i need to use them tomorrow, on trying to assemble them there are bits missing, the bars are damaged. they have clearly been returned to the company by someone else before they sent them to me!

Disaster! Now the question is, does a road bike fit on the back seat of an a4 avant? (dogs will be in the boot)

Got my avant today, as its a lease and was delivered to my door the features weren't really explained to me so i have a couple of questions

-the navigation screen immediately started showing google earth images, As far as i know audi connect hasn't been switched on so I didn't think this would work? Could the dealer have sorted it out before delivery? or alternatively could the nav be using my phone for data? I did connect my phone to the car for calls etc however I hope its not quickly using up my meagre data allowance.

- I parked the car outside the chippy tonight on quite a main road, when cars went past at speed it triggered my alarm twice, is this normal? is there a way of adjusting the sensitivity somehow?

I am sure I will be along soon with more questions.
Were the windows open or the sunroof if fitted?

I don't think you'll find there is a sensitivity setting anywhere, just the switch that turns off the interior sensors.