New owner questions

Candell

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have had my avant for a week now, all good apart from a few little bits.

Can anyone help answer a few questions please?

1. I have the tech pack and virtual cockpit, trying to set up Audi connect it keeps asking me to insert a SIM card, however the sales rep told me the SIM card was integrated.
  2. As a result of not getting the installed connectivity to work, I have linked the data to my phone through personal hotspot. However when I am linked to Audi connect, the phone functions don't work. Is it a case of Bluetooth phone connection or Audi connect but not both?
  3. My driveway is on an incline, I draw up forwards them reverse in. Sometimes when selecting reverse (I have s tronic) the car is held in place, other times it rolls forward until I press the accelerator. I'm sure I change from D to R the same way each time.
  4. Is there a way to manually close the boot on an avant? The auto boot is freaking my dog out
  5. Does anyone get anywhere near the publicised mpg?
Thanks

1. Is the brand new? MY2016 need a SIM even with the Tech pack, but MY2017 have one built in.

2. Pass. I believe until you have a working SIM yes the car won't be able to connect to the Audi Connect Services.

3. I do the same, but once in reverse, it shouldn't roll forward at all. as the clutch would engage and then start moving backawards. May be possible your not selecting R fast enough, as you move from D to R you go into N first?
4. Can't help you there, I drive a saloon.

5. What engine have you got? My signature has my TFSI 2.0 figures. Not close to Audi's figures, But I do ALOT of short trips and I put my foot down more than I should.

Hope your enjoying your new car tho and someone else is able to pitch in with some more questions.

Sounds like the SIM isnt prepped if it doesnt work - or it was registered over 3 months ago and the trial ran out (dont think this is actually happening though).

2) Haven't quite figured teh Audi Connect vs Bluetooth relationship. I currently can't get text messages/emails to work despite following the instructions. It's pretty confusing with Bluetooth Audio, CarPlay, Audi Connect all in play.

4) There's a manual boot button I believe somewhere, not looked yet as only done about 100miles in the car and no time to "play".

5) No. Figures are always unrealistic. I had about 45mpg on the 190TDI so far.

Hi everyone

I have had my avant for a week now, all good apart from a few little bits.

Can anyone help answer a few questions please?

1. I have the tech pack and virtual cockpit, trying to set up Audi connect it keeps asking me to insert a SIM card, however the sales rep told me the SIM card was integrated.
  2. As a result of not getting the installed connectivity to work, I have linked the data to my phone through personal hotspot. However when I am linked to Audi connect, the phone functions don't work. Is it a case of Bluetooth phone connection or Audi connect but not both?
  3. My driveway is on an incline, I draw up forwards them reverse in. Sometimes when selecting reverse (I have s tronic) the car is held in place, other times it rolls forward until I press the accelerator. I'm sure I change from D to R the same way each time.
  4. Is there a way to manually close the boot on an avant? The auto boot is freaking my dog out
  5. Does anyone get anywhere near the publicised mpg?
Thanks
1 & 2 as already answered, 3, the hill assist depends upon the pressure you put on the brake pedal, 4, can you not just close it like any other boot? 5, expect real world figures of between 70-75% of the quoted figures.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/audi/a4-b9-2015

Thanks for the replies guys, how do I know whether I have the MY16, the sales guy told me it was integrated and I took him on his word. The car was an ex roadshow demo with 2500 miles on the clock.

If it was registered in March, its a MY16 and doesn't have the SIM in the dash, so you'll need your own SIM and data plan.

If it was registered in March, its a MY16 and doesn't have the SIM in the dash, so you'll need your own SIM and data plan.

+3, definitely a MY16 non embedded sim , like ours which was registered in May 2016.

For what it's worth, I took the advice of people on here and picked up a Three trio sim from Amazon for under £10, which gives 1GB of data a month for 3 months.

I have unlimited data on my phone contract so no worries about using my phone as the connection.

Just need to figure out if I can use Audi connect and my phone directory at the same time.

Thanks for the help so far folks