1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New owner of a very (very) high mileage 2006 Avant

bunnyfunk Aug 1, 2020 at 9:35 AM

1. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

Thought I'd say a quick "Hello" after lurking for a week or so.

As the title says, I'm a new owner of a very high mileage 2006 Quattro A4 Avant, which I believe is a limited edition TFSI.
    It has the correct VIN and engine stamp from the Quattro GmbH plant, plus black headliner, black exhaust tips, black/grey full leather.

Although it's missing the alcantara handbrake, gear knob and steering wheel, plus no CD changer with silver (not black) roof rails and front bonnet trim.

I'm slowly fixing/renewing issues on it but so far it's been good.
    Plus a little bonus, its running coilovers :)

I did want to pick peoples brains a little and ask:

-What were the original alloys that came on this edition?
    --Along with the tyre sizing
    And lastly-
    -Recommendations for where to purchasing a flexi 3-bolt connector, downpipe and fittings?

I'll try and take some photos

Thanks
    --Mark

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Wheels on the special edition were intially Ronal's as also fitted to the DTM, but were change to the speedline RS4 style rims on the later mk2 special edition, which had a few other body /trim changes such as more black trim etc, otherwise the same car.
    18" 8j ET43 were the sizes of both rims used.
    tyres were 235/40 18"

bunnyfunk likes this.
  4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Mk1 special editions had silver brightwork but many owners changed it to black as it can look a bit poor after years in all weathers.
    Mk2 had what is now called the black optic pack , black grille surround and door trims etc.
    interior trim levels and finished varied on both versions as no two are the same from the factory and pack options varied a lot.

bunnyfunk likes this.
  5. tr7

tr7 Active Member

Congrats

So what's the mileage?

6. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

Thanks for the feedback Rob :thumbs up:
    Looks like I have MK1
    And I have the MK2 Alloys on, which would make sense as the tyre shop said I should have 235/40/18 on but the tyre pressure plaque on the drivers max was 235/45/18 - yet I was running 225/40/18.

Any recommendations for finding a single RS4 style alloy as there is a crack in one of mine and I'm running a loaner?

187K :openmouth:

IMG-20200717-WA0002.jpg

I'm Just Rob., tr7 and Wagon Wheels like this.
  7. I'm Just Rob.

lots of the correct alloys around chap.
    Yours is an early model as it has the amber indicators lens, they were changed to clear corners later in production of all B7's

bunnyfunk likes this.
  8. I'm Just Rob.

Nothing wrong with a high milage car as long as all the bits that need fixing and replacing have been done.:icon thumright:

bunnyfunk likes this.
  9. tr7

tr7 Active Member

Nice, nothing wrong with miles. I'd rather have a higher spec and maintained car with miles than a poverty spec with low miles.

Factory Xenons and Auto Lights/Wipers?

bunnyfunk and Pie-eyedpiper like this.
  10. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

Damnit Rob - I can't unsee that now! :sunglasses:
    Might have to change those out

Had a full service done on Friday, a few error codes which we've cleared plus a leak on the downpipe, so losing back pressure.
    Plan is to replace the downpipe this coming Friday along with the butterfly delete (???) and ECU update, check the error codes again.

After that, most likely the timing belt.

Need to pull a wheel off today and check the codes on the alloy

Yes to the Xenons, no to the auto lights

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  11. I'm Just Rob.

clear corners do give the front end a fresher look, allmost modern..:yes:

bt4.JPG

bunnyfunk likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

Ohh I like that!
    I think the silver on black suits the car, any other colour then the black trim would work!

Took an alloy off this morning to grad the codes, got presented with this:

IMAG0619a.jpg
    No other real markings apart from this:

IMAG0617a.jpg

14. tr7

tr7 Active Member

They're copies. Non original parts, and you'll have a nightmare finding another one the same as theres so many different types/versions

If you'd like a set of genuine Audi ones I have two sets I would sell cheap enough

bunnyfunk likes this.
  15. I'm Just Rob.

Yep, safe to say with those very discreet marking's they are not genuine items..:whistle2:
    Nothing wrong with aftermarket alloys though, just some are better than others and if you want something different from the few Audi ones that fit then its a good option, trust me , been there so many times on my old bus..lol

bunnyfunk likes this.
  16. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

..and that's probably why the centre caps I bought don't fit :rage:
    Certainly interested, can you pm me the price?

17. bunnyfunk

bunnyfunk New Member

I would have to agree!:laughing: