New owner of 65 Plate RS3 Sportback

s3facelift09

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm the proud new owner of the above mentioned car, bought it this Tuesday with 25k miles on the clock, with some good options, etc.

I had an S3 8P for almost 5 years, 09 plate,which I sold almost 3 years ago, and I've been crying all this time for an S or RS Audi, and now when I finally bought one I feel alive again.

Aldo I can't say I'm a total amateur, there are a few issues that puzzle me. I''ll start from the beginning:

1) There is no water coolant temp. gauge on the dash.. (I presume that somewhere in the board comp, there is an oil temp. gauge, but still it's not a water coolant gauge)

2)I have 4 summer tyres on the car, and in the upcoming month I need to acquire 4 winter tyres, my current setup is 255-30R19 in the front, and 235-35R19 in the back, can I buy all 4 winter tyres in 235-35R19, would this cause any stability issues, or?

Reactions: Sandra
Pretty poor with a new owner that no one replies.

There's no water temp gauge, you can have an oil temp is the DIS but you'll need to enable it with an OBD app like Carista. It may be hidden in some sub menus.

I cant't see any issues with running 235-35R19 all round. Probably better in the snow than the wider 255.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: s3facelift09, 8YARWY and RS3 ROCKS

There's no water temp gauge, you can have an oil temp is the DIS but you'll need to enable it with an OBD app like Carista. It may be hidden in some sub menus.

I cant't see any issues with running 235-35R19 all round. Probably better in the snow than the wider 255.

I hope that helps.
If you go to lap timer, oil temp is shown in there :)

Reactions: TheFiftheElement
Hi there everyone, I'm the proud new owner of the above mentioned car, bought it this Tuesday with 25k miles on the clock, with some good options, etc.

I had an S3 8P for almost 5 years, 09 plate,which I sold almost 3 years ago, and I've been crying all this time for an S or RS Audi, and now when I finally bought one I feel alive again.

Aldo I can't say I'm a total amateur, there are a few issues that puzzle me. I''ll start from the beginning:

1) There is no water coolant temp. gauge on the dash.. (I presume that somewhere in the board comp, there is an oil temp. gauge, but still it's not a water coolant gauge)

2)I have 4 summer tyres on the car, and in the upcoming month I need to acquire 4 winter tyres, my current setup is 255-30R19 in the front, and 235-35R19 in the back, can I buy all 4 winter tyres in 235-35R19, would this cause any stability issues, or?

235/35/19 all round is not a problem in the winter. And just a note for your summer tyres: make sure that when you some day needs to replace the tyres that they're RO2 marked. This ensures that the circumference is the same even though that normally it would be different on 255/30 vs 235/35 tyres. Otherwise you'll f*ck up your quattro/haldex system.

I hope that helps.

Agreed.

If it was “the dealer scratched my wheels” ........ “I had my car serviced at audi for £100” the replies would be flooding in........

Yes 235/35/19 winters are fine, I run them on mine.
Adjustments

No water temp gauge on the PFL. The oil temp is in the DIS menus though, you can have it enabled to show in all DIS menus by VCDS etc.....

Reactions: Terminator x and s3facelift09
Thank you guys, I took the user's manual of the RS3, lol, and I saw that I have the non temp. gauge version of the RS3 (there is none with one probbably), and I saw in the manual that in the DIS menu where the LAP timer is, that there is an oil temp. gauge (and there is), aldo that's not a substitute for a water coolant gauge.
I don't think that's a big issue, I don't think it's an issue at all, but my first problem on my previous S3 was with the thermostat, it would open earlier then it should so it would run on 75 degrees, when really warm instead of 90, and I wouldn't be able to spot this if I didn't had the water coolant gauge.
But it is what it is.

235/35/19 all round is not a problem in the winter. And just a note for your summer tyres: make sure that when you some day needs to replace the tyres that they're RO2 marked. This ensures that the circumference is the same even though that normally it would be different on 255/30 vs 235/35 tyres. Otherwise you'll f*ck up your quattro/haldex system.

Do you know if I got from stock 255/30 in the front, and 235/35 tyres in the back, are the front rims 8,5x19, and the back rims 8,0x19inch? Because I want to buy new rims for the new winter tyres, and I don't know should I buy wider rims (8,5) for the front tyres if I would keep the 255 setup in the front, and should I buy 8,0 for the 235 tyres in the back?

Could you explain the RO2 marking more ?

Agreed.

If it was “the dealer scratched my wheels” ........ “I had my car serviced at audi for £100” the replies would be flooding in........

Yes 235/35/19 winters are fine, I run them on mine.
View attachment 192472

No water temp gauge on the PFL. The oil temp is in the DIS menus though, you can have it enabled to show in all DIS menus by VCDS etc.....
Is it ok the 235/35/19 all round for the summer setup? Could it mess up the quattro/haldex system or stability in some way?
Also, I presume I have the factory stock rims, are the factory rims If I had the 255/30 setup in the front and the 235/35 setup in the back, are the rims in the front 8,5x19, and in the back 8,0x19, because I don't know would I put 235 tyre on a 8,0 rim, if you understand me..?
I know it's probabbly possible, and someone somewhere has certainly done it without any issues, but I like to play it safe, especially with a car like this.

If you go to lap timer, oil temp is shown in there :)
Or have it in all modes with a VCDS update ;)

TX.

Edit - I had the staggered setup and it worked great imho. Unsure why people would say to change it unless you have 4 the same size already? Fyi the black rims only came with the wider fronts.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Is it ok the 235/35/19 all round for the summer setup? Could it mess up the quattro/haldex system or stability in some way?
Also, I presume I have the factory stock rims, are the factory rims If I had the 255/30 setup in the front and the 235/35 setup in the back, are the rims in the front 8,5x19, and in the back 8,0x19, because I don't know would I put 235 tyre on a 8,0 rim, if you understand me..?
I know it's probabbly possible, and someone somewhere has certainly done it without any issues, but I like to play it safe, especially with a car like this.

My winters in the picture above are on 8.5J rims with no issues.

Recently had Supersport Goodyear F1’s fitted to my 8.5J front setup, only because the Supersports are only available at the moment in 235 /35/19 fitment.

IMG 5083

My winters in the picture above are on 8.5J rims with no issues.

Recently had Supersport Goodyear F1’s fitted to my 8.5J front setup, only because the Supersports are only available at the moment in 235 /35/19 fitment.

View attachment 192510
Okay, and do you know are the stock rims that you get with the car, if you get the different setup (front255/back235), are the rims also different 8,5 front, 8,0 back? I'd have to take the car somewhere to see the rims from the inside..

Okay, and do you know are the stock rims that you get with the car, if you get the different setup (front255/back235), are the rims also different 8,5 front, 8,0 back? I'd have to take the car somewhere to see the rims from the inside..

If you have 255 fronts (I had) then it’ll be an 8.5J alloy.
Rears are 8J.

The fitment info is also stamped on the inside of the spokes too, but the tyre is a good indicator, you can also go onto the Audi App and it’ll tell you what your car was built with once you’ve registered.

Then there’s the build sticker in the front of the service book with all the option codes on it.

Reactions: s3facelift09
If you have 255 fronts (I had) then it’ll be an 8.5J alloy.
Rears are 8J.

The fitment info is also stamped on the inside of the spokes too, but the tyre is a good indicator, you can also go onto the Audi App and it’ll tell you what your car was built with once you’ve registered.

Then there’s the build sticker in the front of the service book with all the option codes on it.
Thanks mate, I know about the info fitment inside the spokes, but I'd have to lift it up somewhere to see, or take 2 tyres off, but they're tightened with a torque wrench and I don't have it and I wouldn't want to mess it up. lol, that's why I asked, because I thought someone has to know this..

Audi App, like in Android Play Store, I don't have a service book, it's digital in my country, but I think I have the PR codes you're talking about somewhere in the boot on a sticker..

One thing that amazes me for the top model is that there is no specific RS3 booklet just the standard A3 handbook...:readit:

Thanks mate, I know about the info fitment inside the spokes, but I'd have to lift it up somewhere to see, or take 2 tyres off, but they're tightened with a torque wrench and I don't have it and I wouldn't want to mess it up. lol, that's why I asked, because I thought someone has to know this..

Audi App, like in Android Play Store, I don't have a service book, it's digital in my country, but I think I have the PR codes you're talking about somewhere in the boot on a sticker..

Yes an App

Adjustments
Adjustments

The sticker is either in the boot at the rear of the well or in the left hand access panel you undo your get to the rear light cluster.
Once you’ve found it you can use an online decoder to show you what you have.