SQ5 New owner of 2015 SQ5, couple of questions

I think the main problem with the MMI in the 8R SQ5 is it's a 10 year old car so it's a bit outdated compared to all the CarPlay and android auto options now

I can’t get the car to find the phone as a music device. The phone finds Audi MMI but nothing happens. Bluetooth calling etc works perfectly. Totally confused to be honest. I have to admit, BMW’s Idrive system runs rings round Audi MMI.

Apple selectively implemented just bits of the Bluetooth protocol stack - which leads to quite a few issues for Audi owners i.e. an iPhone can't access that Remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP) so not being able to link the phone's data connection to MMI. :frown new:

Thanks. It’s never dirty anyways. I’ve got proper OCD with it. It was due a service the other day, so it did a 15 mile round trip to the dealers and I did a full wash and detail when it got back lol

12-months and I'll put a £1 (or a Scottish five - reluctant to accept 'em this side of the Esk!) on which you prefer as a day-to-day machine :racer:

You'll be hanging onto the Beemer for fun, 'dry-tarmac' days - and then back to the 'does everything' SQ5, lol...

Hi all, have just bought a 2015 SQ5 for my wife mainly but general daily duties so I can keep my car tucked up :D

Have a couple of issues that I wanted to ask you experts about.

Sometimes, but more often than not, when the car changes up from 2nd to 3rd gear, it seems like it changes twice into 3rd, I can only explain it as like a slipping feeling, so it’ll go 2nd, into 3rd, Revs drop, then it sounds like it changes again but it’s still in 3rd. This is the only gear it does this in. It’s perfect in manual mode, and gearbox mode (auto, comfort, dynamic) doesn’t seem to alter it at all.

Hey @C1CDG

did you ever get the above sorted on your gearbox? i have the same issue been trying for months to sort it :( constantly seems to 'slip' around 2nd 3rd. also i may be able to help, just had the new apple car play retro fitted in my car would highly recommend ! :)

Cheers
Jack

Hey @C1CDG

did you ever get the above sorted on your gearbox? i have the same issue been trying for months to sort it :( constantly seems to 'slip' around 2nd 3rd. also i may be able to help, just had the new apple car play retro fitted in my car would highly recommend ! :)

Cheers
Jack

Hi Jack.

Interesting to see your having the same issue with the 2nd to 3rd gear change. I haven’t done anything to sort the issue as such. Last weekend I gave it a proper drive using the paddles and driving the car a bit harder than I had done previously, and I’m not sure if it was placebo but it seemed to reduce the wierd 3rd gear issue?

However it’s still doing it somewhat and I’m not going to be happy until 2-3 is as sharp as the rest of the gears.

Interested in a carplay retrofit as I cannot get my music to play via Bluetooth for love nor money :(

Hey

yeah mine Revs and revs like it isn’t in a gear for a couple of seconds, then just snaps into gear only seems to do it at 15mph as it drops in to second very weird!
And yeah my car was the same it just didn’t support Bluetooth standard, I went to unique auto developments and got a new car play kit! It’s the best thing I did! All my iPhone apps are now on the screen, fully integrated with the mmi controls !
jack

How in the hell do I play music from my iPhone in these cars???

I mainly use the jukebox but the bluetooth works as well (iphone SE), hit the 'media' button on the centre console, from 'source' select your phone from the list and click on it, it'll start playing.

Reactions: C1CDG
I mainly use the jukebox but the bluetooth works as well (iphone SE), hit the 'media' button on the centre console, from 'source' select your phone from the list and click on it, it'll start playing.

So after 3 weeks of having the car, I only today found that the top right silver button took me to the source list :help:

Worked right away. Although can’t find the tracks listed like they are in jukebox, it’s just skip to next, previous etc.
It’s really not the most user friendly infotainment system.

Hey

yeah mine Revs and revs like it isn’t in a gear for a couple of seconds, then just snaps into gear only seems to do it at 15mph as it drops in to second very weird!
And yeah my car was the same it just didn’t support Bluetooth standard, I went to unique auto developments and got a new car play kit! It’s the best thing I did! All my iPhone apps are now on the screen, fully integrated with the mmi controls !
jack

I don’t think we have quite the same issue, mine doesn’t rev like that and snap in, it drives normally, except for the fact that there seems to be “2” 3rd gears sometimes.

So for example when you go into 4th it sounds as though you’ve gone up 5 gears in terms of changes.
It’s been doing it a lot less lately it has to be said.

hmm yeah, could just be that your gearbox is 'learning' i read after 200 miles they learn your driving and bed in.
never mind i shall keep trying.

Jack

hmm yeah, could just be that your gearbox is 'learning' i read after 200 miles they learn your driving and bed in.
never mind i shall keep trying.

Jack

Could you take a video of what yours is doing and I’ll do likewise?

So I got the car scanned by a friend today and it’s showing an open circuit code in the exhaust sound booster thing. Which backs up my theory that it’s not working right. Car doesn’t sound any different in comfort or dynamic modes.

Wondering if it’s somehting I can look into myself with basic knowledge or is it another trip back to garage.

So I got the car scanned by a friend today and it’s showing an open circuit code in the exhaust sound booster thing. Which backs up my theory that it’s not working right. Car doesn’t sound any different in comfort or dynamic modes.

Wondering if it’s somehting I can look into myself with basic knowledge or is it another trip back to garage.
The module is located under the boot floor on the passenger side.
If you remove the 2 tie down loops on that side and lift out all the gubbins underneath, you can check to see if it's still plugged in.
It may have had a sound booster plugged in instead, I know I have

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc
Hi C1CDG,

I've had the open circuit code for the exhaust sound actuator in the past with my SQ5. It turned out to be both rear 'speakers' in the exhaust were shot. They produced no sound and measured a high resistance at the connectors either side (several kOhms). I had them replaced and the old ones were full of water in the electronics/speaker part. If the car has warranty, try and get them sorted soon because they're quite expensive.

Kind regards,

Matt.

Reactions: 45bvtc