New Owner - 3.0TDI Avant SLine

LukeyC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've just bought an A4 3.0TDI Avant (Tiptronic) SLine

It's an 09, done 44k with full service history and I had to get a 6 hour train "up north" to collect it!

I think it's worth it though as it has a decent spec including:
Adaptive Cruise
Side Assist
Lane Keeping Assist
Band and Olufsen
Full, heated leather
Panoramic Sunroof
Auto dimming, heated, folding mirrors
Not sure which MMI - it has the joystick + 7 inch high def screen but no sim card slot in-between the two memory cards? Maybe MMI 3G High?
Advanced Parking (Reversing Camera)
DAB Radio
Advanced Key
Electric Tailgate
Privacy Glass
Audi Drive Select with adaptive dampers
Xenons
19 inch wheels

Probably more stuff I've forgotten, but I've just driven it back to Bristol and I'm delighted with it (although quite tired!) A brilliant all rounder.

She'll be getting a remap in the coming months - my goal is 300bhp+ which should be acheivable. MTM or APR would be my choice but I'm sure this has been debated at length elsewhere in the forum - I'll be a good boy and use the search.. :)

I'll get some pics up soon, for now I'm heading to bed a very, very happy man!

All the best,

Luke

Reactions: James.B8, GjrBartlett, EXSpartan36 and 2 others
Hi Luke, welcome to audi-sport.net. Post some pics of the car. It sounds awesome. Enjoy the forum :)

Very nice spec car.
Nice gearbox too :)

Thanks Bobby,

I read your build thread pretty thoroughly and was leaning towards the tiptronic as I didn't fancy big bills of the Stronic.

After I drove both versions, I couldn't see alot of difference in it (this is coming from a lifelong manual driver) and given the spec of this car is so high I went for it.

So far I'm not disappointed, although I'll probably be coming to you soon for advice on breaching the magic 300bhp figure whilst retaining my DPF..?

From my research Ash there are quite a few 3.0 Quattros with the tiptronic box (mine is a Quattro, I think all the 3.0's are?)

There is also a company that can remap the box for swifter shifts to bring it closer to what Stronic delivers (although obviously it will never be the same).

Welcome mate
Good to see another lad from Bristol!
Sounds awesome I have the 2.0tdi 143, I bet she goes well? Where did u get her from Newcastle?

Reactions: James.B8
Ha ha almost Lannerz27 - Skipton nr. Leeds.

Yeh she picks up quite well, but my alfa had 270bhp (through the front wheels) and defo had a bit more of a shove in the back. Nothing a cheeky remap won't fix, and this will be much faster as soon as it gets a little damp out.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ha ha almost Lannerz27 - Skipton nr. Leeds.

Yeh she picks up quite well, but my alfa had 270bhp (through the front wheels) and defo had a bit more of a shove in the back. Nothing a cheeky remap won't fix, and this will be much faster as soon as it gets a little damp out.

Lol that's a journey I went Southampton 1hour 45min nice drive back , where in Bristol u from try and keep a eye out for u ( not a stalker) lol

TIP is a nice strong box, but the s tronic does drive nicer.
Now that I have a tool that can write to TIP controller i will be experimenting with shift points and quicker gear change if possible.

300 with dpf is no problem. In fact you can max out the 2260 with out worrying about removing the dpf especially with a cp4 fuel pump.

Thanks Bobby,

I read your build thread pretty thoroughly and was leaning towards the tiptronic as I didn't fancy big bills of the Stronic.

After I drove both versions, I couldn't see alot of difference in it (this is coming from a lifelong manual driver) and given the spec of this car is so high I went for it.

So far I'm not disappointed, although I'll probably be coming to you soon for advice on breaching the magic 300bhp figure whilst retaining my DPF..?

Thanks Bobby. What's the 2260? And how much am I looking at for a cp4 fuel pump and (presumably) an uprated intercooler?

2260 is the GTB2260VK which is the turbo you have on the car. Being an 09 model it will probably be a CAWA engine so has the CP4 high pressure pump.
If you aren't going to go any further than a remap on a standard turbo then the Mishimoto J Line I run on my car is pretty good. You Don't need to spend £500 on a Wagner as it will be OTT. Copes well with the 380 bhp my car makes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mishimoto-Universal-Intercooler-J-Line-Black-/182094387971?

There are other options of course.

As Karl has said the 2260 comes already on the car and the CP4 fuel pump is ok for 320hp / 720nm.
With a better pump I think the 2260 can do close to 330hp.

As for the intercooler I went with a Wagner because not only did I want low air intake temp but also keep low pressure drop in the core.
If you have higher pressure drop then the turbo is having to work harder to make the same boost.

Cheers

Thanks Chaps - certainly lots to read up on / consider. Karl your car looks like an absolute beast too!

As promised, a few pics (not transferred my reg plate over yet).

Arriving shortly is:
FBMF steering wheel
Facelift Auto Shifter
S4 style chrome mirror caps
Interior light LED upgrade from Trups

Will likely go with an S4 front grille too (sans S4 logo of course) when I have the remap / intercooler upgrade.

Attachments

• media (5).jpg
    media (5).jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 160
  • media (2).jpg
    media (2).jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 153
  • media (8).jpg
    media (8).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 160
  • media (18).jpg
    media (18).jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 179
  • media (1).jpg
    media (1).jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 122
Really nice looking car!

What's the second hole for on the drivers side fog light cover?

Is that standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The second hole is the radar for active cruise, it monitors the distance between you and the car in front. Not a very common option at all.