New Orders - Wrong orders by dealers

Mitz

Reaction score
Hey All,

New member here! i ordered a new A4 1.4 Sline Stronic back in June and was told it would be a mid september delivery. Got it on PCP and last week after not hearing anything from them i phoned and asked what was going on. I was told my finance docs were not processed yet and they needed to be resigned. At this point i got an order number and went to the my audi site and set everything up. From here i noticed the colour was Ibis White when i ordered Glaciar White and the car was already in quality control! I called them up and now they are trying to find me another car of similar spec or i am going to have to wait until November for another one!

Just wondering if anybody else has had any problems with orders being placed and what was the outcome?

:)

It happens unfortunately, but I would also be asking for a courtesy car of the same spec and compensation for the dealership's cockup..

It happens unfortunately, but I would also be asking for a courtesy car of the same spec and compensation for the dealership's cockup..

I'd be inclined to agree. I do believe that there have been cases of this happening and people being given cars from Audi until their new spec arrives.

Hey All,

New member here! i ordered a new A4 1.4 Sline Stronic back in June and was told it would be a mid september delivery. Got it on PCP and last week after not hearing anything from them i phoned and asked what was going on. I was told my finance docs were not processed yet and they needed to be resigned. At this point i got an order number and went to the my audi site and set everything up. From here i noticed the colour was Ibis White when i ordered Glaciar White and the car was already in quality control! I called them up and now they are trying to find me another car of similar spec or i am going to have to wait until November for another one!

Just wondering if anybody else has had any problems with orders being placed and what was the outcome?

:)
Why not say that if they knock you a couple of grand off then you'll take the ibis? They look the same after 10 minutes on a uk road anyway! :)

Reactions: ian.griffiths, TripleD and RaZ A4

I didn't know this was possible.. They found a BE for me with the same spec for the same PCP deal but another dealer is not releasing it to them. I may either wait 3 months and beef up the specs on the car to what they were going to offer and ask for a courtesy car or take the Ibis with a discount. The Ibis looks a bit dull to me but this was only noticed when next to the metallic white

I would hold out for what you want, if you take another colour then you will probably keep looking at it and shaking your head...

Reactions: ruairi83, nfribeiro and firebits
Having worked at a VAG franchise in the past as area fleet manager and then one of my best friends Q5 turning up in the wrong colour 2 years ago I wouldn't push too much being honest, maybe a service plan or similar.

They did this to my original car. Missed the heated seats off. I got the heated seats refunded £300 goodwill and 2 free services.

They tried to stiff me with the service regime and they couldn't reset the car properly. I ended up rejecting the car and getting a much higher spec s line thanks to the dealership and audi uk...

So if you do get anything free make sure they provided it 100% correctly

I would hold out for what you want, if you take another colour then you will probably keep looking at it and shaking your head...
I agree. If you accept the ibis you will look at the car and you will remember this and regret for sure.

There is another post in this section detailing wrong orders. It seems to happen quite abit!
I would hold out for the colour you originally ordered.

Having worked at a VAG franchise in the past as area fleet manager and then one of my best friends Q5 turning up in the wrong colour 2 years ago I wouldn't push too much being honest, maybe a service plan or similar.

Why would you not push it? The dealer messed up, so either they do a good deal that the buyer is happy with or the buyer walks and places a new order for the original spec they wanted, leaving the dealer to shift the other car on themselves which in itself will likely cost time and money for them to pay staff to advertise it, deal with potential buyers who ultimately don't take it, arrange test drives for said buyers who don't take it, then finally sell it to a new owner.

Time is money and to sell the car on it will take them a bit of time, so in the OP's position I would push for a deal I am happy with or the car I want. The OP has nothing to lose other than a longer wait if they decide they don't want this car.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
Hey guys!

Thanks for all your responses. They have managed to find me the same car i wanted but in a Black Edition. Initially they wanted me to pay 6quid more a month for it but after a written complaint they brought it down to what i would have been paying before. They have contacted me to say it is ready for collection on Tuesday and to come sign a few documents in on Saturday.

Question is do I still try and ask for a little extra or be happy with a better spec'd car for the same price?

Reactions: AlnSaz, cuke2u, Brandon Williams and 1 other person
Great thanks for all your advise! I'll put some pics up of it in the black edition thread next week! I haven't seen many around my area in white so quite exciting!