New order - help me make a classy (under)statement - Exclusive colour content

I'm viewing a pre-OPF 2018 S3 310 Sportback next week - kitted out with S-Tronic, Tech pack, nice wheels, folding mirrors and some other bits. It's Daytona Grey, so not very adventurous - but at least it's pearlescent and fits the under-the-radar style I've always liked (my supercharged Golf R32 was a similar colour).

Sportback is a must due to the shape of the boot and slightly shorter length.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Jcbmally
I'm viewing a pre-OPF 2018 S3 310 Sportback next week - kitted out with S-Tronic, Tech pack, nice wheels, folding mirrors and some other bits. It's Daytona Grey, so not very adventurous - but at least it's pearlescent and fits the under-the-radar style I've always liked (my supercharged Golf R32 was a similar colour).

If the car your viewing doesn't appeal to you try and search out a similar optioned sport back with 19s and Magnetic Dampers it makes a difference mate

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, The Cardinal and Jcbmally

Having read through this thread surely you can’t go Daytona? A lovey colour, but thought you were after something a bit different? Fits the understated requirement however

Reactions: Jcbmally and The Cardinal
Fair. But going used means the chances of finding an Exclusive colour and the spec I want is pretty slim. Navarra Blue, black or white aren't exactly standout colours either!

Reactions: Jcbmally
Fair. But going used means the chances of finding an Exclusive colour and the spec I want is pretty slim. Navarra Blue, black or white aren't exactly standout colours either!
Well l done a wee quick search and in my opinion 8V S3 used prices are at all time high and to be honest l under priced my car ....but hey ho found a couple of nice cars threw in the Elvis Vegas just to put a wee bit of colour in my post lol
eb64ddcddc471a44c8c0b0e9193174e5.jpg
debc18935b3ffadb3a88ae28e6b445e2.jpg
ebdef08d0dbbf7813396f0d3d1ab9bbb.jpg
9d5891f97a7cb6947e6b84fbaad11ecd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
Thanks Jassy - I'm viewing this one next week, slightly below the price of those above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-073113_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210410-073113_Chrome.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: Jcbmally

Agree on Navarra, black and white
I am personally a big fan of Daytona by the way. Good luck, there does seem to be quite a few out there

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and The Cardinal
Thanks Jassy - I'm viewing this one next week, slightly below the price of those above.

That Daytona also has Hold Assist which isn’t listed in the description.
I wonder how they would do the Audi Connect 3 month trial or just a copy paste thing.

Do run a vehicle check with www.vcheck.uk as it is much more comprehensive than HPI - best tenner you could spend.

Good luck and hope it meets your needs.

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, pburv and 1 other person
Thanks for the prompt. Looking good on Vcheck - though I assume stocking finance is normal. The previous owner had it on a private plate and I'd be doing the same.

Reactions: NevMan
It crazy how the 8V’s are holding value but then again they are a cracking car.

Reactions: JohnM100, Mr Freeze and NevMan
It crazy how the 8V’s are holding value but then again they are a cracking car.

Probably massively helped by a) it is a cracking car b) 8Y not exactly being universally loved

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Probably massively helped by a) it is a cracking car b) 8Y not exactly being universally loved

Like l said mate l went into have butchers in Glasgow Audi yesterday they actually have 5 8Y S3 Demos on the forecourt from Navarra,Daytona through to Python yellow l felt sorry for them in a way there's just too much going on with the design inside and out....Audi design team needs sent to one of them clinics in Switzerland that you never get back out of....2 RS6 CARBON/VORSPRUNG tap dancers lets say the Sebring Black one wouldnt have looked out of place in the back lot of a funeral parlour.....Nardo Grey one looked dull as dishwater....not a bit of colour inside either just sombre black leather....best of all was the sticker on RSQ3 £5999 Deposit £799 @ month it looked dreadful inside its an 8Y SUV .....stock was at all time low in the dealership which is the 2nd largest Audi dealership in the UK l inquired about a TTRS ie one in stock all they had was the uberly overpriced TTRS Nogaro Edition....basically a sport edition with Noggy blue paint with a guff alcantara interior for the price of a TTRS Vorsprung

But l did see a brand new Chronos Grey TTS Black Ed....still with the transportation protection on some of the panels....it looked ****** good huge brakes front and rear far larger than my S3 it looked very low and hunkered no need to lower one of these mate although l think one's spine may take a wee bit of punishment on a drive......Audi imho are on a downward spiral here is one for ya....the Audi S5 both sport back and coupe get the 3-0 litre derv engine but the S5 Cab gets the 354 ps turbocharge petrol engine go figure the logic in that.....kinda sums Audi up

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Like l said mate l went into have butchers in Glasgow Audi yesterday they actually have 5 8Y S3 Demos on the forecourt from Navarra,Daytona through to Python yellow l felt sorry for them in a way there's just too much going on with the design inside and out....Audi design team needs sent to one of them clinics in Switzerland that you never get back out of....2 RS6 CARBON/VORSPRUNG tap dancers lets say the Sebring Black one wouldnt have looked out of place in the back lot of a funeral parlour.....Nardo Grey one looked dull as dishwater....not a bit of colour inside either just sombre black leather....best of all was the sticker on RSQ3 £5999 Deposit £799 @ month it looked dreadful inside its an 8Y SUV .....stock was at all time low in the dealership which is the 2nd largest Audi dealership in the UK l inquired about a TTRS ie one in stock all they had was the uberly overpriced TTRS Nogaro Edition....basically a sport edition with Noggy blue paint with a guff alcantara interior for the price of a TTRS Vorsprung

But l did see a brand new Chronos Grey TTS Black Ed....still with the transportation protection on some of the panels....it looked ****** good huge brakes front and rear far larger than my S3 it looked very low and hunkered no need to lower one of these mate although l think one's spine may take a wee bit of punishment on a drive......Audi imho are on a downward spiral here is one for ya....the Audi S5 both sport back and coupe get the 3-0 litre derv engine but the S5 Cab gets the 354 ps turbocharge petrol engine go figure the logic in that.....kinda sums Audi up

Never mind the design decisions @audi, gotta have stock available but then that has often helped them (I think) with residual values as they don’t flood the market with cars like BMW and Merc and other so at times.

Always hankered after a RS, and I think for me and where I am in life, a TTRS would be the best bet as the TT definitely is a sweet spot design and build wise and also if you don’t need to lug rugrats around.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and Frizzley

A lot will say the derv is a great engine but it's not a "purest" engine. I don't mined a derv TBF but I do agree that putting the petrol in the drop top only is a big mistake. SQ5's and S4/S5's sound very good but when I heard the S4 TDI I kept thinking of that advert "can you go on mute Paula"

Reactions: Jassyo06
Aside from the aesthetics, diesel is problematic for anyone not doing regular long journeys now. DPF will clog up for sure if you do a lot of shorter trips, so limiting any car to diesel only is poor.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and AdamInKent
Never mind the design decisions @audi, gotta have stock available but then that has often helped them (I think) with residual values as they don’t flood the market with cars like BMW and Merc and other so at times.

Always hankered after a RS, and I think for me and where I am in life, a TTRS would be the best bet as the TT definitely is a sweet spot design and build wise and also if you don’t need to lug rugrats around.

To be honest even if they had a TTRS Sport Edition parked in the showroom it would still have to be to my exact spec mate comfort and sound pack RS extended blue package and blue stitching in the seats l wont compromise at all not on a car at this price l can afford the TTRS even willing to give up my deposit l put down on TTS but there's hee Haw out there ATM ...Audi have been hit hard by this Flu as has BMW ...My Boss just bought a F Pace SVR....last week Jaguar altered the spec whilst it was on the production line for him he takes delivery next week
The TTS Vorsprung is a better overall choice l think 320 ps with far better options on it over the TTRS Sport Ed 400 ps cracking engine though and thats the main reason folks get one The TTRS Vorsprung is funny money a month even with a large deposit

drop me PM i got nice in ara blue for sale ;-)

I've pressed the button on Palace Blue. You're only allowed to say nice things about it now, because the choice is made. ;)

Seriously though, I've appreciated all the comments and have thought really, really hard about spec and colours. I was prepared to go for something more brave as a result (e.g. I had a moment hovering over a turquoise S3) though I came back to the fact that this is something that's being bought with a 5-10 year time horizon and that the brief is practical, understated luxury above all else.

H4s-IAAAAAAAAAFvzlo-G1t-Ih-BPNon-K7-Es-US8z-Xy84t-Sgz-MSez-Kj-Ep-J9-V63-QXONc-HX33oy-MTBUFDAw-MDAC1.jpg

Good choice, same colour as my S5! A very rare colour to have, and it really changes depending on lighting.

Well, I'm afraid the latest update isn't positive.

I had some bad news last week about my dad's health, adding to recent life-changing issues amongst close family and friends (though thankfully, touch wood, not as close as my wife & kids). Anyway, it's made me pause and reflect that life is short and that I want more joy in my life. I've always enjoyed performance cars and I really should get another while I can.

So, as nice as this A3 would have been, I cancelled the order. I was honest with the salesman about why and he arranged a deposit refund straight away - they're a big dealership and will have no problems changing the spec and taking it into stock. I sent him a decent-sized gift card as a thanks.

I thought about changing the order to an 8Y S3, but I'll be looking more towards a used 8V due to me wanting to pay from savings and therefore having a £30k top budget.

Definitely the right choice you've made. As nice as a unique colour A3 is, the performance of an S3 is much nicer!

Reactions: Jassyo06