New Order for A3

mistac

Reaction score
Hi Folks - first post for me - when I was younger I always thought if I ever got a BMW I had made it in life - in later life I have firmly changed to the Audi brigade though. Aged 50, after thinking should I get a MK2 TT etc, I have just placed an order for a A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Stronic in Misano Red - only option I have chosen is cruise control - the waiting now begins!

Reactions: Scottyg and lou15p
Hi Folks - first post for me - when I was younger I always thought if I ever got a BMW I had made it in life - in later life I have firmly changed to the Audi brigade though. Aged 50, after thinking should I get a MK2 TT etc, I have just placed an order for a A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Sport Stronic in Misano Red - only option I have chosen is cruise control - the waiting now begins!

No it's not, it's yer second post!! lol

Congrats again and welcome to the forum :)

...........50 eh...........................yer poor ol sod.........................:whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: lou15p and Sandra
If you want cruise control, it's a better deal to spec the comfort pack.
You'll love the 1.4 engine.

If you want cruise control, it's a better deal to spec the comfort pack.
You'll love the 1.4 engine.

Indeed...great engine....agree that its a better deal to spec the comfort pack but then only if the other options are relevant to you...its still £605 v£225 ....good choice of colour too!

Reactions: Sandra
Nice. Had a 3 door as a loaner for a couple of days and it was much quicker than expected. Just the delay when pulling off but you soon get used to it.

Nice. Had a 3 door as a loaner for a couple of days and it was much quicker than expected. Just the delay when pulling off but you soon get used to it.

That must have been a special one....no delay with mine...must be the nitro switch I fitted

Welcome to audi-sport.net. You will have plenty to read while you wait for your new car. Misano is great colour. Enjoy the forum :)

Reactions: Simon L
Thanks for all the positive comments - unfortunately there has now been a problem with the order which I hope can be solved!
As getting an Audi (lifelong ambition) will really stretch me, I used carwow to get a starting quote. Unfortunately, inadvertently (honestly) I got a quote for the A3 rather than sportback. However, neither I or the salesperson and finance guy spotted this, so the Sportback was configured, I received an order form and a deposit was placed clearly for the Sportback. I have now been told that when trying to push the order through, the anomaly in prices has been spotted and has caused a problem in the order process. The upshot is that the sales guy has indicated that the order will probably be refused by the dealership - which I am obviously not best pleased with. I have now spoken with the General Sales Manager and we have a face to face appointment later in the week to discuss further. I am praying they will do the honourable thing and agree to proceed as things stand.
If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it as it was an honest mistake from me but I feel that as none at the dealership spotted it and the order has been placed, I should not be penalised. As to whether I would receive a facelift/pi model (if the order goes ahead) is still unknown as the response was it will probably be a current model, but it might be a facelift/pi model!

What's the difference in price between the 3 door and 5 door?
If you used carwow to bargain, assume you got a good discount in the end, leaving the dealership very little movement.
While it's true that they should take some of the hit, because they didn't spot it I don't think you can expect them to give you it all.
I bet the sales guy got a right rollocking!

Don't think there is a huge difference in list price difference, but I now know having looked very closely at the carwow discount prices for both 3 and 5 door, it appears that the 3 door is more heavily discounted than the 5 door so the net difference is quite different - time will tell as to whether the order goes through as it is, is slightly tweaked or cancelled!

OK right. You need to know the difference exactly before your meeting, so you can have the discussion while knowing the facts. Decide beforehand what you want (eg - you only accept half the difference)

update - we have agreed to a compromise whereby we have been quoted a little more (in todays terms) for the new PCP payment, but the first service will be given to us as a gesture of goodwill. In reality, by the time the car arrives in 3-4 months time our existing PCP settlement will have fallen, so in actual fact we will not be paying much more for the new PCP than originally quoted on the initial order. As a result of all this, the discount ended up as being a touch over 15%. We were also advised that as the quota of car builds had been used up by the dealer, that our car would be a facelift model - I am a touch sceptical about that though in view of other conflicting posts about this subject!