New order…

Pork

Reaction score
And not the band!

Placed an order on a new A4 at the end of June and have still yet to have any real confirmation from the dealer that the factory have accepted/acknowledged the order.
Contacted the sales person a couple of weeks ago as I’d heard nothing and again today - still no update and worryingly they dont seem overly concerned.
Anyone else had any success with placing orders recently?
I seem to recall I had an order tracking number within a couple of weeks the last time.

Remember covid has caused allot of shortages, specifically in chips that have affected builds, its just another cascading affect unfortunately.

The pandemic is not yet over, it is normal for your order to be delayed. I am sure that they will send you a message once it is already available.

Is there no paperwork, you should have a order number on the one you electronically signed. Assuming you've done so, if not then the dealership isn't doing the process correctly..

Is there no paperwork, you should have a order number on the one you electronically signed. Assuming you've done so, if not then the dealership isn't doing the process correctly..

Back when I ordered my car nothing on the paperwork provided by the dealership corresponded to an order number that the Audi website would accept.

I had to chase them up separately to get it. (If anybody should care to look there is a thread about on these forums)

No, as L_G says - I have an agreement number from the dealer but no order number or confirmation of acceptance. Since the tracking app isn’t working either I guess it’s just a case of waiting it out

I ordered at the end of March and delivery is currently estimated at mid to end of August so things are moving, just a bit slower than normal.

Latest update is an unconfirmed build week 3, no sign of any email detailing temp keys or removal of phone box though, kind of lost interest at the moment tbh

Latest update is an unconfirmed build week 3, no sign of any email detailing temp keys or removal of phone box though, kind of lost interest at the moment tbh
What spec and what engine did you go for mate ?

Evening pork, I ordered an S4 Avant vorsprung last August, initially delivery was planned for December 4 months, ended up being 9 months pick up in June 2021.

I got an order number early doors but didn't get a build week until mid December. It was a really long wait but what turned up was well worth the wait and I love it, I wouldn't have gone without a vorsprung but ticking every option on the list comes with some challenges especially in this semi conductor poor world we are living in.

The dealer told me they were having the biggest issues with Pano roofs.

Matrix lights are excellent, adaptive suspension is really great for UK roads hard to tell on the sport diff have to drive back to back, to know what Quattro and what sports diff.

At least the semiconductor crisis is on the improve suggested autumn more back to normal, hopefully some better news for you coming.

Thanks Rich, I didn’t want to be without the matrix lights and adaptive susp on the next car and in the end the S4 wasn’t that much more than the A4 40tdi Vorsprung.
Plus in this crazy world I’m not sure how much longer we’ll be free to purchase new cars without hybrid interference (I don’t think the MHEV’s really count)

Evening pork, I ordered an S4 Avant vorsprung last August, initially delivery was planned for December 4 months, ended up being 9 months pick up in June 2021.

I got an order number early doors but didn't get a build week until mid December. It was a really long wait but what turned up was well worth the wait and I love it, I wouldn't have gone without a vorsprung but ticking every option on the list comes with some challenges especially in this semi conductor poor world we are living in.

The dealer told me they were having the biggest issues with Pano roofs.

Matrix lights are excellent, adaptive suspension is really great for UK roads hard to tell on the sport diff have to drive back to back, to know what Quattro and what sports diff.

At least the semiconductor crisis is on the improve suggested autumn more back to normal, hopefully some better news for you coming.
not sure the semiconductor leadtimes for auto back to normal in autumn .. I work in the industry .. no sign of auto lead times / capacity easing yet.. some specific technology nodes are hugely over subscribed . Back end assembly and test is now also facing massive issues with COVID affecting package assembly sites... compounding things a bit further .

Not sure in my original post why I said June, it was actually May when I signed the paperwork so the week 3 projection would mean 9 months to the dealer at the earliest. Hoping I won’t lose the wireless phone charger but we’ll have to wait and see

I work in IT and the articles ive seen suggest possibility of semiconductor production getting back to normal by Autumn, the onward supply chain backlog may take longer to catch up that is true but think Pork needed some positive thoughts to get back into love with his S4 order...

I was concerned about the wireless charging even making sure replacement phone supported it but in reality I have the phone on a USB-C cable permanently for android auto to play music from youtube music so although it seems to flip into wireless charging occasionally as im driving along in the main the USB-C would charge the phone up during driving, might be different if your an iphone person as apple carplay can be wireless but for me it hasnt been such a big feature.

The Near field coupling to the car antennae is entirely different that has helped with call quality and some dead spots on my usual route to and from work.

Reactions: Pork
Does Audi do wireless CarPlay nowadays? I know BMW/Mini do, but when I had my Q5 had to connect cable

Yep wide has it on her q3 and it’s supposed to be on my S5 according to the manual but have not got it to work yet so it’s on the list to be looked at when it goes in for its first service

Wireless charging on both cars too - nice little feature that frees up the usb / usb-c ports

Reactions: NevMan
Reading a thread on another car forum, apparently new cars are only coming with one key due to the ongoing component shortages.

Reading a thread on another car forum, apparently new cars are only coming with one key due to the ongoing component shortages.
Anything about another key coming later or will this sneak in as the new norm….

Anything about another key coming later or will this sneak in as the new norm….

Nothing said, but if I was facing this situation I would want it in writing that a second key would be provided as soon as possible.

A broader point is that at the moment you are unlikely to be able to replacement key from Audi unless both have been mislaid.