New MY2020 Facelift...

Carwow definitely do not only quote on stock. I've had one Audi factory order through them and currently waiting on a build slot for the wife's new Skoda Kodiaq via Carwow as well. :)
I messaged the three dealers that had (apparently) quoted on the 2020 facelift. Two responded saying the quote was infact for the current 2019 model. The other replied saying definitely for the facelift, however that quote is 2.5k above the sticker price of the car I’ve been looking at a local dealer. Not sure that a. I want to put in that sort of money additionally or b. I’m “feeling” the 2020 facelift to that sort of extent.

Reactions: Daggerit
I messaged the three dealers that had (apparently) quoted on the 2020 facelift. Two responded saying the quote was infact for the current 2019 model. The other replied saying definitely for the facelift, however that quote is 2.5k above the sticker price of the car I’ve been looking at a local dealer. Not sure that a. I want to put in that sort of money additionally or b. I’m “feeling” the 2020 facelift to that sort of extent.

Interesting that you're getting above sticker quotes from Carwow dealers. Must be pushing their luck hoping to pull in some punters that just want to have it first. Personally the facelift doesn't do anything for me and I prefer the edgier looking front of the B9 anyway. Maybe they have some pre-reg that would be available on a good deal?

Interesting that you're getting above sticker quotes from Carwow dealers. Must be pushing their luck hoping to pull in some punters that just want to have it first. Personally the facelift doesn't do anything for me and I prefer the edgier looking front of the B9 anyway. Maybe they have some pre-reg that would be available on a good deal?
Yeah, the one I’ve been looking at on the forecourt is a pre-reg. On the facelift I’m not keen on the loss of the top crease, the exterior headlamps design is a bit boring and looks to be even more “plastic” at the rear. The merits, or otherwise, of the touchscreen have been well debated on here. Aside from that not seeing much change in the interior aside from where the dial used to be there’s now more plastic ?

Yeah, the one I’ve been looking at on the forecourt is a pre-reg. On the facelift I’m not keen on the loss of the top crease, the exterior headlamps design is a bit boring and looks to be even more “plastic” at the rear. The merits, or otherwise, of the touchscreen have been well debated on here. Aside from that not seeing much change in the interior aside from where the dial used to be there’s now more plastic ?

Completely agree.

As far as I'm concerned I think it is because, to sum up, Audi has gone cheap. If you are going to have false exhaust outlets then at least make them look plausible.
Also, black interior trim is not to everyone's taste but where is the choice now, or does this come under WLTP testing as well ;-)

I am still undecided on my next car (warranty now up on my B9) but popped in to look at the A6 Avant whilst driving pas the other day. The salesperson told me that the new A4 will get the larger MMI screen (to cope with it being touch screen now presumably) and virtual cockpit as standard. BUT, I still have to pay for the tech pack on the A6 to get these.

Is that correct to people's knowledge? He also said as the A4 will be a new shape :blink: it will cost me more to get an A4 Avant than an A6 Avant up until Christmas at least as there are lots of deals on the A6 but nothing on a new shape A4. Thoughts?

I am still undecided on my next car (warranty now up on my B9) but popped in to look at the A6 Avant whilst driving pas the other day. The salesperson told me that the new A4 will get the larger MMI screen (to cope with it being touch screen now presumably) and virtual cockpit as standard. BUT, I still have to pay for the tech pack on the A6 to get these.

Is that correct to people's knowledge? He also said as the A4 will be a new shape :blink: it will cost me more to get an A4 Avant than an A6 Avant up until Christmas at least as there are lots of deals on the A6 but nothing on a new shape A4. Thoughts?
Correct re VC - I think it’s also a revised version.
“New shape” is pushing it a bit. As far as I’m aware the bonnet, roof and boot lid are same, there are some changes to the panels and headlamps - covered elsewhere on this thread.
As to deals I’d quite like to know myself as trying to decide between MY19 and the facelift.
The configurator is live on audi.co.uk - that I think will give you best idea on shape etc. As an aside I also think it looks better on there than in the press pictures

Reactions: tickedon

All the points above are accurate, although a new shape A4 is a play on words if you ask me - definitely a facelift though.

As some of you may know (or not as the case may be lol) I'm looking at a replacement for current A4 Avant I have
The priorities for me with this car is that it has to be a diesel, has to be AWD & has to have a factory tow bar/electrics among other things

So far, I've narrowed it down to 2 cars
B9 190bhp diesel s-tronic Audi A4 quattro Avant Black Edition
&
Vw Tiguan 190bhp diesel 4 motion R-line tech DSG

Both in solid white (ibis in relation to the A4 & pure white in relation to the VW)
Both with factory option tow bar / electrics & nothing else

Audi showing as a '45' New model on DriveTheDeal
List showing as £46795 on DTD for the Audi
Discount of £9479.85 to £37319.11 OTR

Tiguan list showing as £40115
Discount of £7010.49 to £33104.41 OTR

Waiting to hear back from DTD with some figures after 2 enquiries sent

Looking on the Audi configurator the A4 BE has virtually every toy on it, which as we know, we all like toys lol

How will you decide? On price? There’s quite a difference in the DTD prices you’ve already obtained. I’d be tempted by the saving on the Tiguan, but my preference is large-ish estate cars and I love the way the A4 rides with its longer wheelbase. I’d find that a really difficult choice, although I’ve never driven a Tiguan whereas I’ve owned an A4 Avant for the past 3 years.

How will you decide? On price? There’s quite a difference in the DTD prices you’ve already obtained. I’d be tempted by the saving on the Tiguan, but my preference is large-ish estate cars and I love the way the A4 rides with its longer wheelbase. I’d find that a really difficult choice, although I’ve never driven a Tiguan whereas I’ve owned an A4 Avant for the past 3 years.
@wideboybloke - Its not just on price alone TBH
I do like my A4's. I'm on my 5th one since 2002

But me needs have now changed becoming a caravanner lol
Done a bit more digging & Vw do a 240bhp Bi-turbo one
Big thing is 500nm of torque with this one

This one's discounted to £35015.89 on DTD

The Tiguan is looking like a lot better tow car on paper too TBH
500kg more towing capacity & 20kg more towball limit & lower in the 85% rule as well

Still not 100% sure yet as I do like my Audi's, however ...

Anyone know if the electrically adjustable seats with driver side memory and the memory / auto dimming wing mirrors come as standard on the facelift ?
Got a chance of a MY19 car which has the above, trying to decide. Also, any idea what the RRP was for the above ? Dealer says £600, I’ve only found a MY18 brochure to date - looks like they were £525 at that point.
Thanks

Exterior dimming mirrors are standard on the sline, I also assume that are with the black edition, but not with the sport. Can't see a thing about memory seats at all thus I assume, along with many other models, they'll only be part of the Vorsprung versions when they come out later...

Reactions: burnleynotbarcelona
There’s reference on the Configurator to “Electric Lumber” front seats (standard) but I’m unsure that’s the same thing as no ref to memory. No reference at all to wing mirrors that I can see.

There is for the mirrors if you select the sline trim and go into the configurator, the 4 way lumber is the same as has been standard:
Screenshot 20190830 094327 Chrome

Thanks, yes, found reference buried in the CarWow spec I’d priced. Same spec list ref seats says manually adjusted but also mentions electric lumbar whatever that is. It’s the BE I’m going for.

Reactions: cuke2u
Electric lumber support is a round button on the outside of the seat base, it moves the lumber support forward, backwards, up and down by electric motors...
Screenshot 20190830 105751 Drive

To get the dipping left mirror you used to have to spec electric memory seats, dipping mirror was tied in with folding and then folding, dipping and dimming was one step further.
RRP for mirrors and seats on my MY17 was around 1100 from memory but that was dimming too.

To get the dipping left mirror you used to have to spec electric memory seats, dipping mirror was tied in with folding and then folding, dipping and dimming was one step further.
RRP for mirrors and seats on my MY17 was around 1100 from memory but that was dimming too.
Sorry but my left mirror dips without memory seats and wasn't a required option on a my16 onwards and hasn't been on the b9. It came with the folding mirrors option...

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Sorry but my left mirror dips without memory seats and wasn't a required option on a my16 onwards and hasn't been on the b9. It came with the folding mirrors option...
Same here. Mine is a MY17 and I spec’d the folding mirrors, which included the dipping passenger door mirror. I don’t have memory seats.

Reactions: cuke2u
Just found this in the manual for my 2019 A4

eb178de38c03be790a000d9234a4670e.jpg

Thought it might be of use to someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPIKE_
Just found this in the manual for my 2019 A4

Thought it might be of use to someone.

I thought historically this was the only way the tilt function worked....I know if has been the case of my last few cars. Be interesting to see if everyone else querying it checks this and it now works.

Reactions: Jabba1980
Yup, that's they way it's always been if you've dipping mirror, which comes with the folding option on earlier A4's...

Can’t for the life of me think why I had to spec memory seats then as I only wanted dimming folding mirrors :-/, I’m positive the configurator made me do it......

In case it’s of interest to anyone locally, Salisbury Audi have a MY2020 S4 Avant just arrived for the showroom, happened to be passing Sunday and spotted it - not registered yet but the guy was good enough to let me have a good mooch around and start it etc.
Incidentally he said it had been dead slow with virtually no new reg’s going out.

Is it a case that the dipping mirror comes with folding mirrors, as @cuke2u says.

Whereas auto-dimming mirrors needed the memory seat pack?

Can’t for the life of me think why I had to spec memory seats then as I only wanted dimming folding mirrors :-/, I’m positive the configurator made me do it......

In case it’s of interest to anyone locally, Salisbury Audi have a MY2020 S4 Avant just arrived for the showroom, happened to be passing Sunday and spotted it - not registered yet but the guy was good enough to let me have a good mooch around and start it etc.
Incidentally he said it had been dead slow with virtually no new reg’s going out.
So looks like one or two S4 starting to come through. Don’t suppose any dealer sightings of the A4 facelift ? After much toing and froing I’ve placed an order, via CarWow, for the facelift MY20 at 21.2% discount which seemed fairly decent (I had looked at one or two other broker sites).
Delivery date ? I dread to think...

To be fair, aside from the seats the S4 is close enough if you want to get a feel for the look of the inside. The touch screen is just terrible, no haptic feedback unless it wasn’t switched on - just a comedy click that sounds really cheap (I know that may not make sense but wait until you try it)
I had an email today saying that it wouldn’t be available to test drive till the end of sept after the official launch - that is just plain crazy!

In a not unrelated post to my previous one, can much generally be inferred from Build Weeks in terms of eventual delivery ? Eg “Build Week + 6 Weeks” I’m referring to “normal” times and not necessarily post (no deal?) Brexit. Thanks

I'd say much less than + 6 weeks. It tends to built within a week, say a week for the train to the port and the boat ride and maybe a week for moving to the dealer and a few days for them to do their bit. Well that was mine anyway, panel shop 02/11 and collected 27/11. Of course, that assumes no hold up in quality control.

Reactions: SMI77
I have just heard that the tracker might not be available, however my answer was aimed at the questions you might have and about the length of time an order might take. However, with a new(ish) model anything goes...

The fakery is just horrendous, S cars shouldn’t be diesel, shouldn’t have fake exhausts, fake grilles and fake noises, can’t believe anyone would willingly pay money for that?

Reactions: tickedon and Simonwhite2000
That is a tour de force in bling and naffness. Audi has lost it's styling acumen bigtime.

Reactions: tickedon and Bryant1998