New MY2020 Facelift...

cuke2u

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, WesT-gefül, zippster and 2 others
Thanks to Zippytoo for posting this link in tge WLTP thread and confirming something I had also come across a while back. I feel this warrants a thread of it's own though.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/audi-preparing-bigger-a4-and-a4-avant-update-2020
Makes you wonder why there is this interim MY2019 facelift but london buses springs to mind...

So this will be after the already face lifted A4?! Mate, I'd be fuming if I'd just bought a FL. That's crackers how they get away with that. Especially with them interior updates. I mean, I don't care for the touch screen one bit but, a lot of people do do t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS4 will be 'outdated' again soon. Glad I moved away from getting new cars. You think this is a knee jerk reaction? A panic maybe? Because I do t think we're gonna see another A4 after that 'facelift'. That's clearly more than a facelift. It's a mini A6.

Reactions: blackb9er
RIP Rotary knob.

Last bastion wasn't it? I try not to get annoyed anymore because it's obvious why they're doing it. Put ya feet up and bang on auto pilot

Reactions: blackb9er
Talk about adding insult to injury. Make you wait almost 12 months for a car that will be out of date before you know it.

Reactions: tickedon and Thundercliffe81
Talk about adding insult to injury. Make you wait almost 12 months for a car that will be out of date before you know it.

Oh is the 2019 MY the one that's had all the emissions delays too? But still the same interior as current one?

Reactions: DaveW
RS4 will be 'outdated' again soon. Glad I moved away from getting new cars. You think this is a knee jerk reaction? A panic maybe? Because I do t think we're gonna see another A4 after that 'facelift'. That's clearly more than a facelift. It's a mini A6.

I don't know about it being a knee jerk reaction. Any changes to a car in the production line has to be planned well in advance, sometimes this can be years. It maybe that this minor MY19 facelift was forced upon them by events.
The 2020 one is more what we expected as a facelift...

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I don't know about it being a knee jerk reaction. Any changes to a car in the production line has to planned well in advance, sometimes this can be years. It maybe that this minor MY19 facelift was forced upon them by events...

Well that's fair enough but tell ya flipping customers their facelift will be outdated within 12 months. Sketchy behaviour this like

I can feel the frustration, however some who ordered early this year didn't actually know they were getting a facelift in the first place..

Reactions: Norwichjase and Thundercliffe81
I can feel the frustration, however some who ordered early this year didn't actually know they were getting a facelift in the first place..

Scrap the orders for the delayed ones. Put everyone on the new NEW facelift orders. Those who don't want to wait, refund their deposit. Take ownership. Think Audi are operating off the chain this past two years. Customer service is barely recognisable, not honouring warranty repairs, many blunders and everything is about marketing now.

Seen it all happening when the Audi Sport branding came out. I only got my RS4 from a dealer because it was the exact spec I was after. But they're over 100 miles away so useless for after sales. Anyway, tangent...but this is going to polarise a large Audi demographic I think. I'm not shooting the messenger btw haha. But these cars are a lot of money and most on PCP will be stuck in a contract which is certainly going to screw their residuals now.

Reactions: DaveW
Scrap the orders for the delayed ones. Put everyone on the new NEW facelift orders. Those who don't want to wait, refund their deposit. Take ownership. Think Audi are operating off the chain this past two years. Customer service is barely recognisable, not honouring warranty repairs, many blunders and everything is about marketing now.
I take your point but it will probably not happen, I would think it will be at least another 18 months before the MY20 is released anyway. Another way I guess would be to let them have the MY19's then offer a buy back with no loss to the customer...

I take your point but it will probably not happen, I would think it will be at least another 18 months before the MY20 is released anyway. Another way I guess would be to let them have the MY19's then offer a buy back with no loss to the customer...

That could work. I mean, the PCP agreements that have already been agreed are obviously going to be impacted quite heavily by this car. Good shout that.

Reactions: cuke2u
Now I have a difficult decision to make next year as a A4 with some of the A6/7/8 technology was what I was looking forward to in the MY19 facelift. But my pcp ends in less than a year's time....

Now I have a difficult decision to make next year as a A4 with some of the A6/7/8 technology was what I was looking forward to in the MY19 facelift. But my pcp ends in less than a year's time....

Can you extend for a year? I've seen guys get favourable rates if they're definitely waiting for an upcoming model.

Thinking the same, my final payment on it is £15,100 at the end of October 2019. Never looked into extending a PCP, but I don't know if it is possible...

That will be a first completely changing the interior on a facelift. I'm glad the annoying dial will be going though.

the rotary dial is the work of genius on the audi. I do not see the benefit of a touch screen system on a car

Reactions: Sibmets, Bryant1998, rasA4 and 7 others
Thinking the same, my final payment on it is £15,100 at the end of October 2019. Never looked into extending a PCP, but I don't know if it is possible...
You won't be able to alter the PCP plan. Because of the way the finance deal is constructed, it is a fixed contract that set out the payments in advance. You can end it early, and you can pay lump sums to reduce the monthly payment or bring forward the end date, but you can't do the reverse and effectively add more to the borrowing by pushing it out longer. If it were a lease, then that would have been different as the lease can be extended and altered.
An alternative strategy is to get a loan from the bank and pay off the outstanding finance/balloon payment. You are not tied into changing the car when the Audi finance deal ends and can then keep the car a few months longer and decide on the change at your leisure. If you are going to consider doing that, then consider doing it earlier rather than waiting until the Audi deal comes to the end. If the bank loan has a cheaper rate than the rate you are paying through the Audi finance, you may end up reducing your monthly payments.

Thank you for the advice, I have actually now explored the different options.
In looking at the small print I can do one of two things with the current contract:
1) Look at extending the PCP for a time whilst awaiting delivery of a new Audi.
2) Get the final settlement amount spread over an agreed amount of time..

"If you wish to keep the car but spread the cost of the final payment, we can consider arranging this for you subject to your status and satisfactory payment history. If you are considering this option, please contact us at least four months before the end of your agreement so that we can advise you of the process and submit your details for an underwriting decision in a timely manner."

"We can, if necessary, extend your agreement for a short period to allow delivery of your new Audi (if for any reason your new car is not due for delivery in line with your contract end date). This can be managed through your Audi Centre who will need to supply us with a commission number and estimated delivery date of your new vehicle. During this time we will continue to debit monthly payments in line with your existing payment plan. All arrangements will be confirmed in writing to you."

"If you wish to keep the car but spread the cost of the final payment, we can consider arranging this for you subject to your status and satisfactory payment history. If you are considering this option, please contact us at least four months before the end of your agreement so that we can advise you of the process and submit your details for an underwriting decision in a timely manner."
Ah, so that's good then. They will effectively allow you to re-finance the balloon payment, hadn't thought of that. This would be a new contract, and you can do a straight comparison with any loan to work out the cheapest way to finance the debt.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the actual changes in the MY19 facelift?

Ah, so that's good then. They will effectively allow you to re-finance the balloon payment, hadn't thought of that. This would be a new contract, and you can do a straight comparison with any loan to work out the cheapest way to finance the debt.
It depends upon how they are willing to finance the final payment, the length of time the payments are over and the apr. At the end of the day all is not lost as I do have the funds to pay off the final payment myself.
Then there is my job prospects as my hours have gradually diminished to the point where I am only currently doing four a day. But there is talk of a IT restructure and opportunities. But then if not we could both just retire, buy myself a little weekend car and spend my time tinkering in the garage.
All will be clearer in the summer...

I’m not so sure going touchscreen is a good idea either, but hey ho... guess there’s no stopping it.

It’s nice to be able to control MMI / Climate without taking eyes off road and going by tactile button feels. I find the MMI controls pretty intuitive.

That said, other manufacturers have really stepped up their game with ICE since the current B9 MMI, I like the idea of voice control for everything - if I could speak the heating controls (often drive alone so no bother to me) it would save me hassle of looking down at touch screen to figure out where I need to press. But I doubt hats really on Audi’s radar given they have the tech baked in from the A6

It is quite a distraction to be honest. Luckily the voice recognition system can reduce your reliance on using the touch screens.

Don’t all get too excited about your MY2020 A4s. If we Brexit with no deal and WTO rules apply, the tariffs on imported German cars will make them prohibitively expensive. Or so they tell us...

"some of the A6/7/8 technology" - was never going to be in a facelift, that would be in the B10, particularly hybrid/part hybrid. With most manufacturers, any large technological changes commence with the premier models (A8), then gradually introduce to the mainstream model (A4 after A6), due (a) those that can afford the premium model receive it first, and (b) by the time it has filtered down to the mainstream model (generally the biggest seller) the bugs should be ironed out.
So if B10 A4 is MY 2020, S4 should be MY 2021 & RS4 2022. As with part-hybrid, Merc owners get the new inline 6 cylinder motors whilst S4/RS4 retain the same motors modified to take 48v.

WLTP - I do empathize with owners who ordered MY18 should receive MY19. Not sure the Audi bean counters with empathize though.
If its any consolation, Merc Aust. C Class sales fell alarmingly in 2018 simply due to that.
Just glad we received our S4 before all this crap.

I don't think it will be a b10 but the proper b9.5 it should be. On sale in the summer as well as far as I understand...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Don’t all get too excited about your MY2020 A4s. If we Brexit with no deal and WTO rules apply, the tariffs on imported German cars will make them prohibitively expensive. Or so they tell us...
Yes your right,im already looking at alternitive cars from Japan.Im not paying a premium tax to the EU for nothing.