New MOT Laws

Sp3no82

Reaction score
Just booked the misses car in for a service and noticed on the garage Facebook page that new MOT regs came into force on May 1st. Basically if your car should have had an EGR and DPF from the factory and this has been removed it's an instant fail. If you diesel smokes it's a fail, if you have aftermarket HID or LED not in the correct headlight it's a fail the list goes on.
I was going to remove my EGR and gut my DPF but now I'm having second thoughts about it. Even if your DPF has visible welds on it from it being opened up it's a fail.
What happens to all these guys who have spend thousands on tuning there engine and have removed all this stuff. Do they have to put it back to standard?

It's 21st May .

They can't see what bulbs behind a projector lense .

They still can't see egr and dpf as there're not allowed to remove covers .

The smoke opacity is either done by a default value or by VIN plate manufacturers smoke coefficient number if lower , so a Euro 5 default is 1.50 and plate value could be 0.50 .

Euro 6 will be 0.70 and plate value as low as 0.30 .

My Euro 3 , default 3.00 but VIN is a **** boiling fake 0.60 and they tried this in Finland , the press got hold of it's flaws and it returned to the defaults .

Reactions: RS4B5
new style mot cert's are now in circulation aswell, got one with my MOT last Friday.

So if your diesel car emits any smoke of any colour under the test it's a major fail. I can't see how a car with its DPF removed or EGR can pass. Especially if values are going to be lower than default