New Merc C-class (feel free to ignore!!)

Amchlolor

Reaction score
This is what Sixt in Prague gave us, when we'd actually booked an economy, Astra-type, vehicle.:)
A Merc C200 diesel.
£93 for 4 days.:)
Anyway, I was very impressed with it.
My mate assured me it was the most basic one, but it was very well equipped.
Very, very well made too.
Felt really solid.
Nice and quiet at speed (we were regularly over 100mph on the Prague to Brno road).
I'd have one in a better spec with a bigger engine, but I really wish I'd gone and looked at one now, instead of completely ignoring it.:keule:
So for anyone looking to replace/upgrade their A3, go look at a C-class, as well as the usual BMW/A4 etc.etc.

CIMG0651.jpg

I like the C class, much better than the ones they were chucking out the factory for the past decade...

Agreed... Excellent build.
My one looks alot better then that one... In white fully loaded with AMG bodykit and alloys... Il post some pics too there's a big difference from the standard ones.
Beats an Astra anyday though as a rental..!! Not bad at all.

Agreed... Excellent build.
My one looks alot better then that one... In white fully loaded with AMG bodykit and alloys... Il post some pics too there's a big difference from the standard ones.
Beats an Astra anyday though as a rental..!! Not bad at all.

Yeah the bog standard one looks like dog ****, but I bet it looks nice with proper alloys, body kit etc. Get some pics up!

Yeah the bog standard one looks like dog ****, but I bet it looks nice with proper alloys, body kit etc. Get some pics up!

Defo.

Its been out on rental almost every weekend since i've had it... Nice car as the pics will show.

My grandma's friend has an AMG spec one, looks absolutely fantastic! I used to think the majority of Mercs looked like they were for old men but the newer cars look nice! Think my grandma's frend should give his to me as he's a rubbishy driver apparently!

Damm..can't find any pics but my uncs got a Black C230 (i fink or C200).

Fully lowded with the AMG Kit, 18"AMG Alloys, Massive brakes, Leathers, Flappy Paddles...its beautfulllll!

They're soo good to drive, quick, rip your face off when braking as well but then again, it is a £38k car!

Top cars though....planning on buying it off him when his company lease finishes (if its cheap enough!)

Bowfer's experience reminded me of a week-long holiday my wife and I took in the south of France about three years ago, when we booked the smallest car possible. After landing late at Nice airport, we queued outside Europcar's office for ages with loads of hacked-off travellers. Eventually, once past midnight, when we reached the desk the girl apologised and said she noticed we'd been patient and not too vocal, so we got upgraded to a StreetKA for the week (don't laugh...)

Our suitcase barely fitted inside the boot, but it was an absolute hoot to drive all week, especially with the top down. Hammering the little Ford through the tunnel at Monaco and up and down the Col de Turini are now precious memories.

oh damn dont tell me these prices... C200K and C230 list price is €55k and €70k respectively and these are not fully loaded... :banghead:

The new C-class is a funny motor, in basic spec i think it's one of the most dull, ugly cars i've seen in a long time....Then you see the AMG version and it looks fantastic.
If i was in the market for a saloon the AMG would definitely be on the list. However, in Mercedes' wisdom... They haven't changed the c-class coupe at all, it's the same as the old one with a different grille....and it's absolutely *****. A genuinely crap car. A 2 door version of the all new C-Class would have been brilliant. Never mind though!

I haven't seen the new CLK yet but they've always struck me as a car for someone of retirement age. I'd feel like i was driving my dad's car.

However.... The Brabus Bullit is a bit insane:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/03/matte-missile-brabus-bullit-black-arrow-to-attack-geneva/

Eventually, once past midnight, when we reached the desk the girl apologised and said she noticed we'd been patient and not too vocal, so we got upgraded to a StreetKA for the week (don't laugh...)

:lmfao: That really cracked me up!! They are fun little cars no doubt about it!!

The Sports look good. Red with a full length black roof sunroof would be nice!

The interior is a bit strange on the ones I have seen. Well made but it looks cheap somehow

Will take the pictures of my one on the weekend... see what you guys think of it.

The interior is a bit strange on the ones I have seen. Well made but it looks cheap somehow

If you're sure that was a new type C-class, I can't agree with that.
All the interior materials used looked and felt just good as any Audi/BMW.
Nice instruments and nice multicolour display for the radio/stereo too.
Only thing I didn't like was the indicator stalk, which seemed to have a needlessly long throw.
Not a rattle heard over some pretty ****** awful Czech roads (cobbles..) either.

Oh, I just got the CC bill for the car today too.
It actually cost £77.53 for four days hire.
For a ****** Merc!:w00t:

I know the materials used are good, its how it looks.

Just things like the auto gearstick and surrounding area on the Sport looks a bit tacky, like its painted silver instead of being aluminium or at least looking like aluminium and too many buttons for the stereo. Wouldn't be enough to put me off having one mind

Actually, you're right about the stereo.
There was a load of buttons, even though most (all?) of the radio/stereo control seemed to be done through the i-drive style wheel (which I liked).
Even the bluetooth phone functionality worked through the little wheel, I think.
My mate was doing all the tinkering, I was too busy driving the thing and listening to a satnav TTS voice telling me to turn left on "Milovski Stradoverski Mivska":shrug::)

Never been able to get that excited about Mercs in the past (apart from the bonkers AMG/SLR stuff!) but I admit that the new gen Mercs have much more edge about them and are a huge departure from some of the previous pipe & slippers styling.
If/when Im in the market for a saloon I would now consider the new shape C Class along with the A4, 3 Series, SAAB etc.

PS - Saw a white M3 this week down on Costa del Sol, looked excellent with the contrasting roof carbon roof, very nice indeed. Real world head turner. (Sorry off topic guys).

If/when Im in the market for a saloon I would now consider the new shape C Class along with the A4, 3 Series, SAAB etc.

In isolation, Saab would probably seem perfectly fine.
I certainly like the looks and I've owned a couple over the years.
Compared with a new A4/3-series/C-class though, they are light years behind.

In isolation, Saab would probably seem perfectly fine.
I certainly like the looks and I've owned a couple over the years.
Compared with a new A4/3-series/C-class though, they are light years behind.

Ive never owned or driven a SAAB but have always liked the way they look. Considered the 9-3 HOT Aero a while back but ended up with a VR6 Golf (??!!)
Think the new 9-3 Turbo X thing would be a laugh to drive regardless of what the motoring press have to say.

cheers
Paul

Saw an 08 ML320 Edition 10 in Black couple of days ago..... Looked fantastic!!