New Members

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly i have no axe to grind with these members as we all need to start somewhere but i have noticed they seem to rely on other members to answer all there questions rather than using the tools off the site IE Search or your friendly internet friend called Google ( which if most did then they would find it in ASN ) .
So come lads pull the finger out and use them , .

Keeps the forum active though instead of just bringing old threads back to life. A lot of questions are being re-asked these days because Photobucket shafted a lot of build threads and guides.

Reactions: S., maccalo and Prees83
Keeps the forum active though instead of just bringing old threads back to life. A lot of questions are being re-asked these days because Photobucket shafted a lot of build threads and guides.

Old threads are the best way to find out as most people will direct you via Asn links. The function off the Search is to find things on the site or there would be no point off having it .You maybe find out the people with the knowledge might stop advising due to the OP's not trying to help themselfs

Tbh I've searched in the past and had no luck. Only when someone helps out with a link have I found what I've been looking for which is much appreciated. Let's hope you never ask a question that's not already been answered

Reactions: S., Sandra and AndyWin
If someone can’t find what they are looking for, it’s ok to ask. We were all new on here once. It’s a large site to negotiate and we all here to help each other.

Reactions: Raiden, LDVincenzo, S. and 1 other person
I'm fine with it as long as they aren't begging for money for mods and claim they're from Ukraine. We had one of those in 8V section lately, weird lad who kept begging for money to mod his S3. :D

Reactions: Sandra
Lol that's a new one to me, to those who wish to donate £2 a month to help maintain my winter wax it would be much appreciated lol

Not always easy to find the relevant thread with 'Search', half the members can't spell. So 'Search' misses some key words that would have been helpful.

Not always easy to find the relevant thread with 'Search', half the members can't spell. So 'Search' misses some key words that would have been helpful.
I agree spelling can be shocking and the search function don’t like text writing. it don’t pick up the text speak we all seem to use at some points, lol. :)

I'm fine with it as long as they aren't begging for money for mods and claim they're from Ukraine. We had one of those in 8V section lately, weird lad who kept begging for money to mod his S3. :D
Haha, I don't beg for mod money :)

As a fellow Scot, and also a Celtic man, got say you've been a bit of a ***** on this one mate. Sorry to say.

Reactions: Kurt and Sandra
I agree spelling can be shocking and the search function don’t like text writing. :)

I don't reply out of principle if the person can't be bothered to use a spell check or does text speak (typos happen, but some of the comments are pretty shocking) - it's not like phone these days don't come with a complete querty keyboard :)

I don't reply out of principle if the person can't be bothered to use a spell check or does text speak (typos happen, but some of the comments are pretty shocking) - it's not like phone these days don't come with a complete querty keyboard :)
Well said young man. :)

Lol that's a new one to me, to those who wish to donate £2 a month to help maintain my winter wax it would be much appreciated lol

We should start an 'adopt a modder' scheme on GoFundMe! :)

Reactions: Sandra and Kurt
But yeah, the search function is not 100% reliable for many reasons. It is sometimes tough to find something very specific if you don't know the terminology, but people need to at least show that they tried to search for the answer and don't just expect others to do all the legwork for them. I tend to use Google search for searching ASN content - seems a bit better at finding stuff quickly...

Upload 2017 11 6 14 6 10

Plus a lot of what has historically been considered bad forum etiquette, is very common on Facebook groups, where people just shoot out a random comment in the hope of getting some help very quickly. I guess why many old school forums are getting quieter these days - so easy to spam some FB groups and get some help quickly. Does come at a cost of getting some potentially really bad/plain wrong advice with little verification as posts don't hang around. Unlike forums, where they persist for all to see and validate, which is probably why I keep coming back to ASN as it's like a library of very useful tips and advice that's always there.

Reactions: S.
But yeah, the search function is not 100% reliable for many reasons. It is sometimes tough to find something very specific if you don't know the terminology, but people need to at least show that they tried to search for the answer and don't just expect others to do all the legwork for them. I tend to use Google search for searching ASN content - seems a bit better at finding stuff quickly...

View attachment 140857

Plus a lot of what has historically been considered bad forum etiquette, is very common on Facebook groups, where people just shoot out a random comment in the hope of getting some help very quickly. I guess why many old school forums are getting quieter these days - so easy to spam some FB groups and get some help quickly. Does come at a cost of getting some potentially really bad/plain wrong advice with little verification as posts don't hang around. Unlike forums, where they persist for all to see and validate, which is probably why I keep coming back to ASN as it's like a library of very useful tips and advice that's always there.
And of course you would miss me :) x

Now this is a breath off fresh air .:welcome!:.
Goes to show you want you can find on GooGle

Of* sorry couldn’t help it.

Reactions: Rideen
As a fellow Scot, and also a Celtic man, got say you've been a bit of a ***** on this one mate. Sorry to say.

Agreed! Most of his posts just seem to be telling people off for not using the search or bossing them around. Not much fun.

Agreed! Most of his posts just seem to be telling people off for not using the search or bossing them around. Not much fun.

Now i can take constructive criticism from a fellow Celtic man but not from someone who is riding on his coatails as i have helped many a member on here new or old , but i see you have not read the starting post or you would have read i do not av an axe to grind with any new member just passing on some advice

Last edited:
Riding on his coattails? What an absolutely bizarre situation to use that expression. I'm guessing you don't know what it means :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Riding on his coattails? What an absolutely bizarre situation to use that expression. I'm guessing you don't know what it means :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
( to make one's good fortune or success on the strength of someone else's. )
Oh i do my friend and as i have said looks like you are . But as i did say b4 again it might be worth reading the start off the post b4 you start posting offensve messages .

Now i can take constructive criticism from a fellow Celtic man but not from someone who is riding on his coatails as i have helped many a member on here new or old , but i see you have not read the starting post or you would have read i do not av an axe to grind with any new member just passing on some advice

Oh i do my friend and as i have said looks like you are . But as i did say b4 again it might be worth reading the start off the post b4 you start posting offensve messages .

Right cut it out both of you. Play nice or answer to me.

Oh dear me, the expression does not fit into this situation, as I'm not exactly making a success out of agreeing with another poster. If you were offended by my post then...well I don't know what to say! :tearsofjoy:

Anyway I will not post again on this thread.