Milesy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’ve been reading your forum as a guest over the last few months which has been a great way to get to know more about the good and bad of these models.

Had an S line sportback TFSI 35 since October
which has been rejected due to a fault with the MMI, so at the moment I’m carless whilst I wait for the new build, and need all the car news I can get to keep me going.

I’ve now ordered a new build A3 Saloon TFSI 35 stronic edition 1 in daytona grey Pearl with c&s pack. Long lead time on it, so expecting it in August but will be worth the wait.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hopefully the time will go by quickly till car collection.

Reactions: Milesy
welcome!

great choice of car - you should also get the electric seats on the edition1 which was a missing from the earlier 35tfsi s-tronic models.

Out of interest what fault were you getting with the MMI? a friend of mine is having random restarts and crashing. Audi have tried to fix it once but had no luck.

He is now also looking to reject but has had the car 4 months (but might still be able to)

Thanks both for the welcome.

auzzam_crd very similar situation. Has never been able to complete configuration and would randomly shut down, log out, reject the key, push override settings. Happened from day one, and took 4 weeks in the dealer service team to get no tech support from Audi.

What are the chances Audi have sorted these problems before you get the new car? If I had needed to reject a car the last thing I would have done is order another one.

What are the chances Audi have sorted these problems before you get the new car? If I had needed to reject a car the last thing I would have done is order another one.
Yeah that did cross my mind, but the setup worked on another vehicle on the forecourt, so seemingly was just unlucky there was a fault on mine. I love the new A3, and willing to give it a go for the car I want.

Thanks Milesy, so did you reject yours within the 30 day period?

I too hope the newer cars are better - but its very rare to find anyone who has not seen some issues

I too hope the newer cars are better - but its very rare to find anyone who has not seen some issues

I highlighted it within the first 30 days and rejected within the first 6 months policy.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Yeah that did cross my mind, but the setup worked on another vehicle on the forecourt, so seemingly was just unlucky there was a fault on mine. I love the new A3, and willing to give it a go for the car I want.

It’s not an isolated incident, I have seen quite a few reports of electronic issues.

I had one of the first A35 AMGs and I ended up rejecting it for for a number of issues, I absolutely loved the car and would have bought another one if the problems hadn’t of been systemic. If it had of been a one off I would have had no issue with the dealer replacing it.

Hopefully your new one won’t have the same issue, however it sounds like a systemic problem with the new A3 rather than a one off.

I am about to find out I am due to collect a 35 tfsi s tronic next week I'm hoping for no issues the build date was week 5.

Mines been at the dealership since last week , they assure me they have sorted the MMI problem out. Unfortunately another problem can’t be sorted until a new part arrives from Germany in ten days time. I’ve warned them I will reject it and walk away if it isn’t sorted when I get it back.

My car was a December 20 build, and touch wood I’ve had no issues with it at all. It occasionally throws a pre-sense error but I think that’s because there was dirt on the sensor or it bugged out. No MMI issues though.

Reactions: Ludus, Milesy, AdamInKent and 1 other person