New Member , South West

Here mine bud
IMG 20170904 202614132 zpsaductu5f edit 1504797756296 zpsiddii0ek edit 1507322944957

Reactions: AvantQuattroUK
I have found a few websites that allow you to pop your vin number in and it shows the part numbers fitted to my car.
However my vin is not been recognised. Any tips?
Need to work out what the part numbers are on my fuel injectors. Using eurocarparts gives mixed answers it seems.
Perhaps I have to strip them out to be sure?

I have found a few websites that allow you to pop your vin number in and it shows the part numbers fitted to my car.
However my vin is not been recognised. Any tips?
Need to work out what the part numbers are on my fuel injectors. Using eurocarparts gives mixed answers it seems.
Perhaps I have to strip them out to be sure?
To be honest mate euro car parts I have always found to be useless I do what you said remove the part and match it up then can't go wrong get some pics up tomorrow of the wheels taking my Audi to vw event at Santa pod tomorrow taking up the drag strip

To be honest mate euro car parts I have always found to be useless I do what you said remove the part and match it up then can't go wrong get some pics up tomorrow of the wheels taking my Audi to vw event at Santa pod tomorrow taking up the drag strip
It's just easier to replace the part at the same time as stripping down if you know what I mean. Especially as I can only work on it at the weekend. Will get it sorted though.
Good luck on the strip. Not done it myself since the old GTI international days at Crowthorne back in the 90's

It's just easier to replace the part at the same time as stripping down if you know what I mean. Especially as I can only work on it at the weekend. Will get it sorted though.
Good luck on the strip. Not done it myself since the old GTI international days at Crowthorne back in the 90's
Wish they still had it at crowthorne live about ten mind from there lol

I don't believe it, the wheels don't fit.
The A3 has smaller distance between bolts it seems?
Now stuck with a great set of A3 alloys and a car I can't use. ( tyres on it don't look safe)
Pain in the bum ...

Another issue ... decided to check what the injector part number was and would you believe the rocker cover will not release!
It is trapped behind and under the rear part of the plastic cambelt cover.
No matter what I do it will not come off. It's going well!

Ah mate I feel your pain the alloys must be 5x100 and yours are 5x112

Had a look on eBay you can get 4x adapters for 75 pounds

Thanks ... Will they re align the holes though? I thought adaptors just made the wheels wider?
I have forgotten all this stuff over the years ..

Lol no bud spaces bring them out adapters change the stud pattern

With the A4 normally running ET45 and these being ET38 don't I need to change stud pattern and widen a bit also?

Are the alloys genuine they may need a spigot ring is the centre bore 57.1

They are genuine but 100% Sure the holes don't line up.
In the pic ... you can see the holes are not right? (Especially the one on the right)
Photo

Is you brake disc held on by a screw or is it just held on by the wheel also put your old alloys on the floor and then put the new alloys on top and see if the holes line up

They definitely don't line up. They came from an A3 which I have found ref to being a different stud pattern on the web.
This offset calculator helps I think .. if I use them need the adaptors plus spacers.
IMG 4687

If you use a adaptor it works as a spacer to brings it out about 15mm as well all the ofset means is how far out or how far in it's got nothing to do with stud pattern

A4 is 5x112 I believe mk1 a3 are 5x100 after that I am sure they are 5x112 by the look of it they are 5x100 so adapters are the way forward you will be fine running them because the pic tells me they are only 7j I run 8j on mine a are fine

Mine are the same but in 18 inch that's why they are a inch wider

Looking at above seems to confirm? A4 is 112?
Agree on offset different to stud pattern.
Will see if I can find a better set, if not will buy some adaptors.
The rocker cover is a bigger issue ... i think I am going to have to get someone in to sort.

Will the cambelt cover not come off

Will the cambelt cover not come off
I don't think so ... as far as I can tell you need to remove the cambelt to remove the back bit to release it. Here is where it's stuck ...

Attachments

• IMG_4689.JPG
    IMG_4689.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 191
However I have seen write ups on the web where they say it just "pops off" ... no such luck for me

To be honest mate it's probably got a tonne of sealant holding it down so won't be easy to come off

I would be gobsmacked if you had to remove the timing belt to take off the cam cover

To be honest mate it's probably got a tonne of sealant holding it down so won't be easy to come off
It's off but won't come off if you get me. Its trapped under the cambelt cover. It's completely ridiculous... this and the wheel fiasco has really peed me off.
I don't mind being out of my depth but this is rocker cover not coming off. Not a single reference anywhere on the web I can find anyone else suffering it.
Now I can't drive it to a garage .. will try to find a mobile mechanic, but of course I don't have part number still so can't order the part to actually repair it.

I looked and couldn't find anything ****** cars lol I think the whole mobile mechanic may be your only option

Good luck mate fingers cross

Well good news is we got the rocker cover off. In the end we released the cam cover bolt and it moved just enough to release it. I cant see how it could be removed without oing this, yet it is not referenced anywhere.
Next I started to release the injector, only to find it won't free itself from the head ... one step forward at least.. I will look again at it later in the week.

Well good news is we got the rocker cover off. In the end we released the cam cover bolt and it moved just enough to release it. I cant see how it could be removed without oing this, yet it is not referenced anywhere.
Next I started to release the injector, only to find it won't free itself from the head ... one step forward at least.. I will look again at it later in the week.
That's good mate one step at a time lol

Yep, happy with that. I only spent 2 mins trying to release the injector but it was getting dark and I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing so gave up.
Probably will be Friday before I have spare time.