New Member , South West

Yep, happy with that. I only spent 2 mins trying to release the injector but it was getting dark and I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing so gave up.
Probably will be Friday before I have spare time.
Cool any more thought on the alloys

Reactions: AvantQuattroUK
Yes, going to be the adaptors unless a deal on 112 alloys falls in my lap in next couple of days.
Wobble bolts were suggested but I want the spacer element anyway also. (15mm)

Yes, going to be the adaptors unless a deal on 112 alloys falls in my lap in next couple of days.
Wobble bolts were suggested but I want the spacer element anyway also. (15mm)
Sounds like a plan you can only run wobble bolts if it 2mm up or down can't with 12mm too much

Try soaking injector seat with PlusGas, it’s good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll just have to try it and see, there’s no way of telling how it will go.

Been flat out so will be tomorrow before i give it a try. Hopefully it will come out ok..
Lots of parts arrived in the week so looking forwar to getting stuck in again..

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Been flat out so will be tomorrow before i give it a try. Hopefully it will come out ok..
Lots of parts arrived in the week so looking forwar to getting stuck in again..
Best feeling in the world having parts delivered like a kid in a toy shop lol

Hi, sorry seem to have a few threads on the go now.
My wife had lost my plusgas so I soaked it in wd40 then screwed the fuel pipe back on and tugged it out.
Bought a used master injector and fitted it.
Also fitted new cam cover gasket to fix big oil leak at the same time.
Engine light went out, so some success.
Now though I have an issue under load .. at any speed but only under load there is vibration through the car.
I replied to another thread on here to see if we can get to bottom of it.
One step forward, two back!

Also sorted the wheels today .. new ones are on. Took it out and it handles like a dream.
Why do I buy cars other than Quattro's sometimes? I really enjoyed the drive this evening even with the engine issues.
So impressed.

I finished in the dark but will take some over the weekend.
Needs a clean too ..

I need to get to the bottom of the vibration under load. Waiting to see what feedback comes from the other thread but most likely I will get my removed master injector plus x5 other spare std injectors reconditioned to see if that fixes it. At circa £300 though it's a pricey speculative move so hoping something else pops up as a solution.
I had an air con belt fitted today as mine was missing when got,the car.
It made Econ button come on all the time apart from when I moved it just now when it was off.
Just reading up on high pressure switch replacement which might be a next move also.
I need remote keys as only got traditional keys for some reason ... also want to find a way of adding iPhone direct to head unit.
Have half an eye looking out for a red leather or exclusive leather interior ... although the black leather fitted it mint so not,that bothered.

Also sorted the wheels today .. new ones are on. Took it out and it handles like a dream.
Why do I buy cars other than Quattro's sometimes? I really enjoyed the drive this evening even with the engine issues.
So impressed.

This car is my first Quattro and honestly, I don’t know if I could go back to fwd, they feel alive on the back roads.

That's the problem with mine fwd already get terrible torque steer

This car is my first Quattro and honestly, I don’t know if I could go back to fwd, they feel alive on the back roads.

I have had a few but been unfaithful over the years swapping to Mercs and Bmw's at various times.
I bought a 2004 1.8 180 T Sport Quattro brand new and loved it ... two years later I bought a new A6 3.0 SE Quattro and oddly as much as i loved it I did miss the A4. (Perhaps why I bought this to be honest) A6 was a great car but the A4 had something ... The depreciation on the A6 was horrendous ... the last brand new car I bought. Since then have leased or bought older cars, which actually interest me more anyway.
Also have had an A3 T Sport Quattro, A4 2.8 Quattro and an S8 ...

Update today ... I ran her through a car wash as I didn't have time to get all the cleaning stuff out, so at least a bit cleaner.
Had a look at my air con high pressure valve (i think this is it in photo?) to see if it was attached. Was hoping it had detached as air con econ mode light on now I have a belt attached. I couldn't get the headlight out as ideally wanted to clean the connection so that was as far as I could go.
Changed the pollen filter and gave the engine bay a bit of tidy up.

She is running pretty well now at idle ... no knocking or ticking so oil change appears to have helped as well.
Still have the very irritating vibrations under load though. Also seems to have developed some kind of light knocking in the front suspension in last 24 hours .. only when i have been driving for a while. Go
IMG 4814
IMG 4819
ing to get this looked at by a garage to make sure its safe ..

Check engine and gearbox mounts for vibration under load, knocking would most likely be one of the top control arms, visually check the inner rubber bushings these are usually the first to let go.
The A6 just seems a little too big for throwing around more of a mile muncher.

The air con issue sounds like the compresser has gone mine went and did the same thing I deleted mine removed it all race car and all that lol

Check engine and gearbox mounts for vibration under load, knocking would most likely be one of the top control arms, visually check the inner rubber bushings these are usually the first to let go.
The A6 just seems a little too big for throwing around more of a mile muncher.

Thanks, good tip ... will have a good luck there. Just want to make sure it's safe.
You are right on the A6 I think. A4 much more nimble ..

The air con issue sounds like the compresser has gone mine went and did the same thing I deleted mine removed it all race car and all that lol
I need my comforts ... I will be using it for work so air con a must, plus it's much safer in winter clearing the fog on the windscreen?

An update ... the knocking was thought to be a CV joint so had that changed. While at it had a new cv boot fitted the other side and new drop links.
Sadly its still there . Garage thinks it might be a gearbox problem, or unlikely driveshaft.
I didnt want to buy a new driveshaft in case it is the gearbox.

Had it put back together and got a second opion. Another garage i use took it for a quick drive and want to check on the ramp tuesday. They feel it might be driveshaft or diff, and not sure its the gearbox.

Its turning fun and games.. some other new parts arrived, so getting deeper into this now.

Good reading the update mate sounds like to me a drive shaft problem

I hope it is ... i just didnt want to chance it at £177 per side just for the parts if the gearbox done in. Changed my mind now and wish i had changed them while apart.
My jag had sat for 5 weeks and just started on first turn of the key so giving that some love today. Also changing wiper relay on my range rover.
Will know more on Audi mid week all being well.

177 pounds that's not cheap how many cars you got mate

Just the three ... although the A4 is supposed to replace my S Type. I needed something with more space.
its making me nervous.

To me it sounds like drive shafts I be amazed if it's the gearbox these are bullet proof what's the milliage on it mate

Mileage is 155k but it does have a bit of a mileage discrepancy so possibly closer to 200k
It's been at a garage for nearly 2 weeks. They felt it wasn't the drive shafts and discovered some surface corrosion on the hubs which they cleaned up. Also the wheel spacers they felt were a problem.
They shortened the wheel bolts.
After this they found all the noise had gone. Strange though?
While it was in I had the gearbox oil and filter changed along with sump gasket.
Also got the glow plugs changed in a bid to sort the cold starting issue. It didn't work.
I had the diesel filter changed last month and it was leaking (Bosch part) so they changed it for a genuine part. Surprised at poor quality of Bosch part.
They also found the T piece on top had leaking o rings so this was replaced.
Last few issues were rear abs sensor. Wrong side had been changed in error so had correct side changed but it's still showing a fault. Further investigation needed. It's also showing low brake pads even though they have plenty of life. Related?
The cold start problem is still there. It will not start from cold unless left for glow plug light to go out and then held on the key to start for probably 4 or 5 seconds.
This I need to find a solution too .. anyone any tips or experience?

The longer wheel bolts will make the noise had the same problem with my golf had spaces but the wheel bolts we're too long and catching the back of the drive shafts

The bolts turned out to be expensive lesson. Not impressed that a supplier has cost me so much money.
I only drove it a couple of miles and thought i might have detected a very slight vibration still but i might be wrong.

I will drive it as soon as i can to give it more of a test and decide what to do next. The cold start is priority.

It sounds like the fuel pump I think on yours theres two fuel pumps