New Member needing some help

matten22

Reaction score
Hi Everyone My names Tom , I'm 20 and I've just brought myself a black 2006 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro s-line :) ( I now think its the special edition with 220ps uprated brakes and suspension ? because i now have the v5 and at the end of the name is says " A4 2.0 tsfi ....... SE " and also the power output is listed as "162 KW "(coverts to 220ps) the car has cross drilled and vented brakes which I'm not totally sure but ive only ever seen on the Special edition models before ) i've had it for two months now , had to replace the clutch switch because it was holding onto its revs between gears , part cost £15 and took 10 minutes thanks to you guys !! and i was Loving the Audi driving experience !:) until someone with an over loaded campervan with what I think was a bike hanging off the rear end drove past me on the way to work at about 8:30PM and did this
url]
Smash | Flickr - Photo Sharing! smash 4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Smash 3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! And DIDNT STOP !!!! :banghead: Flipping brilliant right ! anyway , as I had no one to claim against and as you can imagine insurance for me on a car like this is seriously expensive. I just had to foot the bill and get it repaired out of my own pocket , so after about 6 hours in the garage with the hoover and a few hundred pounds :( it now looks like this ... seats | Flickr - Photo Sharing! front | Flickr - Photo Sharing! front 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! rear | Flickr - Photo Sharing! but now I'm having an issue with my key fob The little red light comes on when you press the buttons but the car doesn't respond at all :S anyone got any ideas ? Thanks Tom

Last edited:
My mate has an A4 B7 quattro s-line special edition V2, has 220 brake

I thought only DTM's got 220ps??

from wiki page
"A limited edition variant, developed by quattro GmbH, was first introduced in May 2005, named "Audi A4 DTM Edition". It was inspired from Audi's race cars of the 2004 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, and was reintroduced in 2006 as a regular option. The 2.0T FSI engine received revised software mapping to the ECU, which increased the output to 220 PS (162 kW; 217 bhp) and 300 N·m (221 lb·ft) of torque. It was available with front-wheel drive, or quattro four-wheel drive."

They Definitely do one a special edition that isn't a DTM in Both FWD and AWD they are fairly rare though , Anyone know anything about a supposed recall on key fobs ? tried swapping the batteries and still no response ??? :huh:

Have you disconnected the battery? You may need to marry your key to the car to get the doors to lock.....am no expert but have you tried sticking your key in the ignition up to when the lights come on, not starting position, and open and close a window....I know it;s sounds like an old wife tail but strangely it worked for me when my key didn't lock my car today.
As for your engine...I think the 220bhp engine was available in some late B7 fwd as well as the quattros.

Good Luck
A

Have you disconnected the battery? You may need to marry your key to the car to get the doors to lock.....am no expert but have you tried sticking your key in the ignition up to when the lights come on, not starting position, and open and close a window....I know it;s sounds like an old wife tail but strangely it worked for me when my key didn't lock my car today.
As for your engine...I think the 220bhp engine was available in some late B7 fwd as well as the quattros.

Good Luck
A
thanks for that I have read somewhere else of somebody trying something odd like that and it working , ill give it a try in the morning ,, engine wise I think I got a good deal by the sounds of things , I did some research before knew about the special edition but couldn't find any down my end of the country so settled for the standard 2.0TFSI only to discover it was the 220 version after I brought it :) , the people I brought it off didn't realise it was the improved spec :D the money I saved on that has gone back into repairing my mirror and window :( !

thanks for that I have read somewhere else of somebody trying something odd like that and it working , ill give it a try in the morning ,, engine wise I think I got a good deal by the sounds of things , I did some research before knew about the special edition but couldn't find any down my end of the country so settled for the standard 2.0TFSI only to discover it was the 220 version after I brought it :) , the people I brought it off didn't realise it was the improved spec :D the money I saved on that has gone back into repairing my mirror and window :( !

here is what you need to do...
DIY: How to program your Audi flip key fob.