New member looking for some advice on exhausts

Darren494

Reaction score
So i bought my b8.5 2.0 tdi cr170 back in January and I’ve had it stage 1 remapped with egr delete so far. Was thinking of maybe an exhaust mod in the near future. Is it worthwhile just getting a backbox delete or will it just sound like a tractor. Im also not to sure on a dpf delete (for mot reasons.) Dont see many after market exhausts about for the 2.0 all seem to be for the v6 or petrol motors.

Also where would be best to go in central Scotland, i know about simons in EK and pipe dynamics aswell.

So i bought my b8.5 2.0 tdi cr170 back in January and I’ve had it stage 1 remapped with egr delete so far. Was thinking of maybe an exhaust mod in the near future. Is it worthwhile just getting a backbox delete or will it just sound like a tractor. Im also not to sure on a dpf delete (for mot reasons.) Dont see many after market exhausts about for the 2.0 all seem to be for the v6 or petrol motors.

Also where would be best to go in central Scotland, i know about simons in EK and pipe dynamics aswell.

Hi Darren & :sign welcome: to ASN.

I've had custom exhausts on two Audi TDI's, A4 143bhp & A5 177bhp, both Stage 1 mapped. Both had back boxes removed and full stainless from cats. What I can tell you is, you won't hear much difference while normal driving, but a small one when putting your foot down. To get any noticeable change in the exhaust note, you'll need to remove the DPF, but as you say, this can raise issues with your MOT.

I had both exhaust done at Elite Custom Exhausts in Ayr, it may be a bit far for you but Jonnys a top guy and knows his stuff.

JG

Reactions: Sandra
Usually it wouldn’t have been a problem getting the dpf gutted but my “friendly” mechanic sold up and retired last year :culpability:. Recently moved down to Kilmarnock aswell so Ayr isn’t too far to travel. Im not looking for any power gains, just something a bit throatier.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Got my exhaust done at pipe dynamics, as above not much difference in sound when driving, you get turbo whistle when you floor it through the gears
20180716 175053
20180716 181912

Reactions: RS5 JON
Usually it wouldn’t have been a problem getting the dpf gutted but my “friendly” mechanic sold up and retired last year :culpability:. Recently moved down to Kilmarnock aswell so Ayr isn’t too far to travel. Im not looking for any power gains, just something a bit throatier.

Pop in and see jonny, he did the exact same set up on my A4 & A5 as GM has in his pics, although I used diffuser from S models.

JG