New Member From the South-East

Chris10

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just over a year ago, I became the owner of a 2006 B7 A4 Avant 2.0T, which my uncle used to own. It has just under 225,000 miles on the clock and is still running (just passed an MOT after brake pads/discs and a reset of the EML). My plan is to try and keep it running for as long as possible, it didn't cost me anything and therefore depreciation etc. isn't really a "thing". It's also fairly handy if I need to transport anything bulky around. I've used the forums to search for a few quick fixes like new rear seat grommets and a new fuse for the cigarette lighter (handy for the dashcam), so thought I'd sign up.

I do notice that if I accelerate sharply whilst accelerating in fourth gear or higher, it revs to about 4500rpm maximum, then after a few seconds chops the revs and won't accelerate at all for about five seconds. At the MOT, they said the clutch is legal but slipping a bit, perhaps that is what is causing the matter?

Basically, I reckon if it costs less than £1200 per year plus insurance then it's worth keeping.

Hello all,

Just over a year ago, I became the owner of a 2006 B7 A4 Avant 2.0T, which my uncle used to own. It has just under 225,000 miles on the clock and is still running (just passed an MOT after brake pads/discs and a reset of the EML). My plan is to try and keep it running for as long as possible, it didn't cost me anything and therefore depreciation etc. isn't really a "thing". It's also fairly handy if I need to transport anything bulky around. I've used the forums to search for a few quick fixes like new rear seat grommets and a new fuse for the cigarette lighter (handy for the dashcam), so thought I'd sign up.

I do notice that if I accelerate sharply whilst accelerating in fourth gear or higher, it revs to about 4500rpm maximum, then after a few seconds chops the revs and won't accelerate at all for about five seconds. At the MOT, they said the clutch is legal but slipping a bit, perhaps that is what is causing the matter?

Basically, I reckon if it costs less than £1200 per year plus insurance then it's worth keeping.
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the car. :)

Hi and welcome.
If you need and help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.