New Member - car on order

tomo2001

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right thread but placed order for new company car.

Audi A3 Saloon S Line Black Edition 1.5TFSI S Tronic
Daytona Grey Metallic
Panoramic sunroof
Technology Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Electric folding mirrors

Looking at October delivery due to spec :(

Reactions: Jcbmally, Tiff.90, NevMan and 5 others
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice spec. Hope you don’t find the wait too long, :)

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06

Daytona Grey Metallic
Panoramic sunroof
Technology Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Electric folding mirrors

Have you even got a build date, not sure audi are giving them out currently due WTPL emissions thing, you might be pushing it for October.....

Ordered 6 weeks ago and got a message about 3 weeks later from supplying dealer saying order was processed and looking at Oct delivery. That's all I've heard.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KenL
Okie doke, think certain engines are ok but many certainly are not getting allocated build dates at the moment. I’d maybe check to see it has a confirmed date if you’re on a strict time line

Not on a strict timeline. Current lease ran out 3 days ago.

Reactions: Pook
Audi batch together cars with Pano roof as the extra production stage in both the press shop and assembly line slows the production rate. Something car builders keep to a minimum at all costs.

This could be the reason for your long lead time, although October isn't to bad. I waited almost 4 months for my 1.5tsi SLine. I believe I had to wait for the engine, the 1.5tsi had just been released in the Audi when I ordered.

Hi Chris43

How do you rate the engine ? It's my first petrol since 2004. Changed because of higher rates of BIK on diesels.

I chose the 1.5 for the same reasons.

It's an easy motorway cruiser, has enough torque to dive into the 3rd lane when a gap appears. One criticism is the mpg is lousy on stop start journeys 38mpg is typical. However, Ive just done 70 miles ish over the M62 from Manchester to Doncaster and the average MPG from the display is 51.9 which I don't think is too bad.

The 1.5 offers a good compromise between performance and BIK

Reactions: NevMan

Daytona Grey Metallic
Panoramic sunroof
Technology Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Electric folding mirrors

Very nice spec, love the saloon, and from what I had read, the 1.5 TFSI is a cracker and a good compromise as others have said :racer:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Very nice spec, love the saloon, and from what I had read, the 1.5 TFSI is a cracker and a good compromise as others have said :racer:
For some reason, not too keen on the Sportback but love the saloon !!

Daytona Grey Metallic
Panoramic sunroof
Technology Pack
Comfort & Sound Pack
Electric folding mirrors

Hi there, new to the forum.
I have ordered an A3 Saloon in Vegas yellow with the exact same spec as yourself.

I ordered mines on 18/7/18. I was given an estimated delivery date of 14/1/19.

I phoned Audi customer care on Wednesday to ask some questions and they told me it would be more like November as A3 Saloons would be back in production build week 38.

Have you received any update on a build week at all?

Cancelled order, opted out of company car scheme and ordered a Golf GTD with 3 week lead time.

For some reason, not too keen on the Sportback but love the saloon !!

Given your comment about saloons, why did you end up going for a GTD? Purely the wait for Saloon? I would have thought you could have got one in the dealer network, as it appears you are doing with GTD, as VW do not build cars in 3 weeks :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Tiff.90
Went for GTD as it was a good balance of power and economy now I've opted out - not worried about BIK on diesels now and fuel economy better than the 1.5TFSI. Also they were available from stock. Tried for Audi's but lease cost much higher for car with same engine. VW's seem to be on offer with lease companies as new golf out next year - I guess the A3's will follow when they announce release date for the new model in 2019.

Fair enough, GTD is a very good car. Was the GTE too pricey, as they are all the rage at my Company, but then probably for that reason, and the fact we now have charging bays that are free :icon thumright:

GTE ok if you drive to and from work on electric only. Most people now using plug in hybrids without charging just to save on BIK. Remember your driving a car full of heavy batteries and the fuel economy suffers if not charged. And who knows which way the government will go taxing company car drivers in the future in respect of not using hybrids as they are designed to be used? Driving 25000 miles pa really means a plug in hybrid is not right for me

GTE ok if you drive to and from work on electric only. Most people now using plug in hybrids without charging just to save on BIK. Remember your driving a car full of heavy batteries and the fuel economy suffers if not charged. And who knows which way the government will go taxing company car drivers in the future in respect of not using hybrids as they are designed to be used? Driving 25000 miles pa really means a plug in hybrid is not right for me
wow, yes - 25k not ideal for hybrid, and given your mileage, would say diesel the best anyway