New member, B8 Aruba 2.0TFSI Quattro

the_muzza

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums alot over the past week and thought I had better sign up. I recently bought a 2011 B8 Aruba Blue 2.0TFSI Quattro A4. She is nicely specced, has 3G High MMI, xenons, DVD player, sunroof, park system plus with rear view camera, sunroof, half leather. Doesn't have electric or heated seats though which I would have liked but hey you can't have everything can you!

The car is also an STronic 7spd, and therein lies my question. I can't help but be a little bit disappointed with it to he honest, and it mainly stems from the huge delay in pulling the upshift paddle and the actual gear change happening. Downshifts are instant, but there is at least a second or two between up shifts. I think this is a problem across the board with the longitudinal 7spd STronic as I have read a number of threads world wide where people have the same problem. My pals TT is instant to change on pulling the paddle.

I am based near Epsom in Surrey and maybe catch up with some of you in the near future.

Doug

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Doug, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy the forum :)

Managed it in the end.
Forgot to mention it's obviously the Black Edition so has the black trim externally and the 19inch rotors and the Bang and Olufsen. what an amazing sound system it is. result also that i have the 3G high MMI as I get the 40GB hard drive jukebox. Here she is. Fairly standard bar the gel plates and the tints.
IMG_20160901_175032206_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog, IRONy_MAN, Bristle Hound and 3 others
Very nice car and welcome to the forum.
Be sure to make sure the piston update has been done, if not get it booked in now.

Very nice car and welcome to the forum.
Be sure to make sure the piston update has been done, if not get it booked in now.
Chez, appreciate the kind words. Having scoured this forum before buying my car, that was the first thing I checked. The Audi dealer I bought it off checked the system and in October 2014 when my car was on 34k miles (now 57k) it is shown as having a piston ring set fitted. So I was happy about that. The car does not use oil and the tail pipes are not oily/sooty so looks all good.

Reactions: CHEZ
Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums alot over the past week and thought I had better sign up. I recently bought a 2011 B8 Aruba Blue 2.0TFSI Quattro A4. She is nicely specced, has 3G High MMI, xenons, DVD player, sunroof, park system plus with rear view camera, sunroof, half leather. Doesn't have electric or heated seats though which I would have liked but hey you can't have everything can you!

The car is also an STronic 7spd, and therein lies my question. I can't help but be a little bit disappointed with it to he honest, and it mainly stems from the huge delay in pulling the upshift paddle and the actual gear change happening. Downshifts are instant, but there is at least a second or two between up shifts. I think this is a problem across the board with the longitudinal 7spd STronic as I have read a number of threads world wide where people have the same problem. My pals TT is instant to change on pulling the paddle.

I am based near Epsom in Surrey and maybe catch up with some of you in the near future.

Doug
Managed it in the end.
Forgot to mention it's obviously the Black Edition so has the black trim externally and the 19inch rotors and the Bang and Olufsen. what an amazing sound system it is. result also that i have the 3G high MMI as I get the 40GB hard drive jukebox. Here she is. Fairly standard bar the gel plates and the tints.
IMG_20160901_175032206_HDR.jpg
Hi & :welcome!: to ASN Doug!

Cracking A4 you got yourself there mate :thumbs up: