New Member - Awaiting A4 Avant Quattro - Finally Left Ingolstadt

J4JAV

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Brand new member on here, been reading up on your threads for a little while now whilst waiting for my new A4 Avant to arrive.

I placed the order on the 14th Jan 2016, and it has today finally left Ingolstadt after being stuck in quality control for nearly 3 weeks!!! I assume its on the way to Emden, then to either Grimsby or Sheerness. The supplying dealer is South Hereford Audi.

Below is the model and spec/options I have gone for: -

Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDI S Line 190 Quattro S-Tronic in Ibis White

19" V-Spoke Matt Titanium/Diamond Cut Alloys
Fine Nappa Leather Black
Heated Front Seats
Black Piano Inlays
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Folding, Memory & Auto Dimming Door Mirrors
Parking System Plus
Storage Pack
5 Year/90,000 Mile Warranty

Technology Pack
- MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch
- Audi Connect
- Audi PhoneBox with Wireless Charging

Comfort & Sound Pack
- Electrically Adjustable Front Seats
- Convenience Key
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System

Light & Vision Pack
- Audi Virtual Cockpit
- Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack
- Matrix LED Lights with Front & Rear Dynamic Indicators

I owned a 2013 Audi A4 Black Edition 177 Multitronic before this, just sold it last week as I got £2k more privately than the part ex value. So the current car is my aunties 'borrowed' 2011 1.4 Honda Civic!!! :blink:

I loaded the new one with the options that I would actually use, I will probably keep it for at least 5 years hence why the extended warranty too.

Now I just need to wait for it to arrive so I can pick her up!!! Will post high resolution images when I get her home!!!

See you all in the forums!

Jav

Reactions: hedgehog, xpoweruk, thisistheone and 4 others
Hi Jav, welcome to audi-sport.net. Sounds like an amazing well thought out spec in your car. The last few weeks are the worst. Your nearly there now and we look forward to pics. Enjoy the forum ;)

Reactions: h1r4 and ScottishA4B9
Nice spec,
Similar to the one I am finalising, only I don't think I will take the light and vision pack....still to be swayed!

Nice spec,
Similar to the one I am finalising, only I don't think I will take the light and vision pack....still to be swayed!

It's well worth considering if you even considered the matrix lights or virtual cockpit on its own!

Reactions: h1r4
Thank you everyone!

I also actually went for the Privacy Glass option too, at £450 it was a no brainer, I was planning on getting the rear tinted anyway to keep the sun out from getting the leather too hot and this would have been around £300 from an independent.

So for another £150 you get the sound proofing and factory tinted glass as opposed to the stick on film!

Spooky, go for it! For me it was the Panoramic Roof or this pack and to be fair in this British weather the lights and virtual cockpit would get used a lot more than the pan roof! ha

Plus you get the bonus of the extended light pack which gives you lights under the doors (I could be corrected here however); so with these lights under the doors you can fit these instead: -

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-Beam:-Quattro-Puddle-Lights.html

P.S just had an update from the dearer, its due to arrive at the Grimsby port by Tuesday! He said I could possible have it by next weekend!!!

Stop with the ideas! I have already added leather. And hill hold. And folding mirrors. On top of the others.

I shall talk to the dealer tomorrow about adding the lights and vision pack to the deposit. Already happy with my PCP figures

Reactions: J4JAV
Thank you everyone!

I also actually went for the Privacy Glass option too, at £450 it was a no brainer, I was planning on getting the rear tinted anyway to keep the sun out from getting the leather too hot and this would have been around £300 from an independent.

So for another £150 you get the sound proofing and factory tinted glass as opposed to the stick on film!

Spooky, go for it! For me it was the Panoramic Roof or this pack and to be fair in this British weather the lights and virtual cockpit would get used a lot more than the pan roof! ha

Plus you get the bonus of the extended light pack which gives you lights under the doors (I could be corrected here however); so with these lights under the doors you can fit these instead: -

http://www.stokeaudi-parts.co.uk/products/Audi-Beam:-Quattro-Puddle-Lights.html

P.S just had an update from the dearer, its due to arrive at the Grimsby port by Tuesday! He said I could possible have it by next weekend!!!
Wow, next weekend be here soon ;)

Haha yes I really cant wait, but knowing my luck it will be the weekend after!!! :-(

Reactions: Sandra and ScottishA4B9
Massive spec ... hats off .

The Matrix lights are the business , even if it's just for the front dynamic indicators.

Reactions: J4JAV, h1r4 and ScottishA4B9
I've ordered the matrix lights but never seen them in action yet nor the dynamic indicators.

Reactions: J4JAV and h1r4
For those that have ordered them , then i think you'll be pleased. Somebody may come along and say indicators are indicators and lights are lights but we have come along way since candles!!
The sweeping indicators make it easier for other road users to know which direction you are turning ( i hate to believe that there's people on the roads who can't already do so ) and the Matrix light up the road in a more responsive way. But if i'm honest they just look nicer !

sweeping indicators are a gimmick to look good, nothing else. If you can't tell a cars turning left due to a standard left indicator you need to get of the road. But yes they do look good :welcoming:

Reactions: iambu
Just a quick update, if I am correct in thinking that the Audi online tracker is not real time then my new car should be on the ship by now!

Just tracked the ship, VW Logistics manifest tells me the 'African Highway' vessel left Emden earlier today and is due to arrive in Grimsby by tomorrow afternoon! The next ship from Emden to Grimsby isn't due till end of the week, so it may well be that it goes onto that one! But soon the Audi online tracker will let me know if it has left Emden...

If this is correct and my car is on that ship then I still have faith I could possibly have the car by the weekend, transporter will take half a day down to Hereford, then they have a couple of days for the valeting, prep and registration etc... so this weekend is a strong possibility!

But I wont have my hopes up as they may well be busy etc... Will keep you updated!

A bit sad really with the updated, but suer excited now! Been waiting over 4 months now!

I love looking at the reflection of the sweeping indicators

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Just a quick update, if I am correct in thinking that the Audi online tracker is not real time then my new car should be on the ship by now!

Just tracked the ship, VW Logistics manifest tells me the 'African Highway' vessel left Emden earlier today and is due to arrive in Grimsby by tomorrow afternoon! The next ship from Emden to Grimsby isn't due till end of the week, so it may well be that it goes onto that one! But soon the Audi online tracker will let me know if it has left Emden...

If this is correct and my car is on that ship then I still have faith I could possibly have the car by the weekend, transporter will take half a day down to Hereford, then they have a couple of days for the valeting, prep and registration etc... so this weekend is a strong possibility!

But I wont have my hopes up as they may well be busy etc... Will keep you updated!

A bit sad really with the updated, but suer excited now! Been waiting over 4 months now!

Mine has just gone on a ship 10 days after leaving Inglostadt so I would be surprised if yours is on it but you never know.

Hey, what is your current order status on the online tracker? Audi now tell me its in Grimsby but awaiting to be loaded on a transporter, but the dealer hasn't a clue where it is just yet! lol

My car has been sitting at status 40 in Grimsby since the 15th. Apparently they are working through a large backlog of cars and are experiencing delays in getting cars onto transporters and out to dealers. Audi CS say that there target is to get the cars out of port of arrival inside 7-10 days but are currently running about 2 days over that.

Hey everyone, just another update. Dealer last told me it was in Grimsby and so did Audi UK, this was not the case!

Looks like the online tracker is somewhat very accurate. Today it is showing as it's on the way to the UK! Vessel tracked and there is the African Highway VW Logistics coming into Grimsby today evening!

Looks like the car will be on this one, now looking at StevoGuide7's post above, I doubt I am going to get it for another couple of weeks!!!

SteveoGuide7 - have you collected yours yet? Or is it still at Grimsby awaiting to get joined by mine?!? My dealer tells me it could be ready for collection this weekend, which I find hard to believe!

The wait is killing me! :cry:

Picked my car up yesterday, some photos on the new car order thread!

I was 21 days from QC to collection which I was told was faster than average. My car got to the dealer on Friday and was turned around for Monday collection (no work done on it on Sunday) so a rapid turnaround is possible.

Picking mine up on 30th April, it left QC on 11th so seems they are getting to the dealers pretty quickly.

Guys,

Which port did your cars arrive into? Was it Sheerness or Grimsby?

How long did they take to get from the UK port of arrival to the dealership?

My car arrived at Grimsby last last night (26th) so it's just awaiting to get to the dealer for me to collect. My dealer doesn't know when or how long this will be so just trying to guesstimate so to speak!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Sandra and ScottishA4B9
Guys,

Which port did your cars arrive into? Was it Sheerness or Grimsby?

How long did they take to get from the UK port of arrival to the dealership?

My car arrived at Grimsby last last night (26th) so it's just awaiting to get to the dealer for me to collect. My dealer doesn't know when or how long this will be so just trying to guesstimate so to speak!

Thanks again!
This is the worst part, so near yet so far. Hopefully it won't be long now. ;)

Finally picking mine up this Thursday afternoon! It got collected from Grimsby today, will arrive at the dealer anytime tomorrow so just to play is safe I am picking it up Thursday afternoon - incase it arrived late tomorrow.

Its just getting registered and PDI thats all, going to detail her myself so they don't need much time with it. My next post will be pictures of her on Thursday all being well!!!

Reactions: hedgehog and iambu
On the way to pick up mine! 60 miles to go, nervous and excited at the same time! Lol

Online tracking is showing its still in transit and arrived in the UK. So not always accurate.

Wish me luck!

Hope all goes well. That's dedication, updating the forum en route. :)

Guys here are a few pics, the car is currently just getting details (yes at 3am) hahaha will post the final pics up over the weekend!

The car is absolutely amazing!

Reactions: keenu, ruairi83, iambu and 4 others
Gorgeous car! Keep us all updated in hie your finding it and the various options!

@Kev131 Let us all know how you get on today!

Reactions: J4JAV and Kev131
Lovely looking car , I bet you are over the moon with it!

3am, bet the neighbours loved you if you had the power washer going at that time. :) Looking great!

as promised here are some pictures after her first ever detail, just shy of 300 miles!

P.S used the parents double garage for the detail, hence the 3am session!

Been a while since I have last posted. Already on 7000 miles! Due its first oil change soon, and still looks clean as it was above! Ha

Your car looks great. Love the spec, and it is basically what model and spec I have in line for my next car. How do you feel the 190tdi goes with S-Tronic & Quattro?