New member and new to Audi!

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, welcome to the forum.
Have you got your oil pump balance shaft changed yet?
These are the guys to get it from-

https://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/shop/

I highly recommend them, it's done on an exchange basis.

I've got a 2.0tdi bus myself, but with a BRE.
I had mine changed at 154k and not before time.

Not yet no. Who did you use to change it and what sort of price did you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11d600590e9878fc9bf3f3d25d6a7b7d.jpg

Recent pic after a bath last week whilst I waited for covid results.

I can't help thinking every time I see a B7 Avant - what a beautiful design they are, from every angle. Kudos to Audi for making fast estates.....! :yes:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, tr7 and Charlie Farley
I can't help thinking every time I see a B7 Avant - what a beautiful design they are, from every angle. Kudos to Audi for making fast estates.....! :yes:
Agreed Phil and that's why I still have my old bus, it old yes, it's problematic yes, but it works for me and I until something comes up that ticks all the boxes and looks as good it will be here to stay .:yahoo::yes:

Agreed Phil and that's why I still have my old bus, it old yes, it's problematic yes, but it works for me and I until something comes up that ticks all the boxes and looks as good it will be here to stay .:yahoo::yes:

Mines been a pain at the moment with the smoke on and lumpy idle on start up. It’s fine once warm

Bit of an update. Had the dreaded dpf light come on again after 1000 miles since the forced regen so I’ve decided it time to gut the thing! Picture was taken when I was driving it down the farm access not on a public highway. Sorrry she’s abit muddy has been abused abit recently

3ab1ee43e82a7235e5c239a3bf982983.jpg

89e7faacf374d957eaecd72a767ba772.jpg

Also won this on eBay for £20 just need to order a blanking plate for the exhaust manifold and a 19mm u bend pipe for the water hoses
cc30255c56dbbd9599a95fcffeefdfe6.jpg

Hopefully get it fitted near the end of the month and get it booked in somewhere for a dpf gut. Dpf and egr delete and a fresh remap.

Reactions: tr7

I've been thinking about chopping mine in for a b8 s4 avant or maybe (dare i say it) a 340i tourer, but i can help but love my old bus too, B7s do just have something about them. Or maybe were just biased...

@Alex Holmes because they are a timeless design. Not many mass produced 16 year old designs still look as good as this.

@samyam Let us know how you get on. I've yet to delete my own but it's definitely on the cards. I'd also be tempted to remove the inlet manifold and give it a thorough cleaning too. It will surprise how much build up occurs there too

Reactions: Charlie Farley, samyam and AvantAlexB7
@Alex Holmes because they are a timeless design. Not many mass produced 16 year old designs still look as good as this.

@samyam Let us know how you get on. I've yet to delete my own but it's definitely on the cards. I'd also be tempted to remove the inlet manifold and give it a thorough cleaning too. It will surprise how much build up occurs there too

Is it a fairly easy job? I read you can fit a different manifold without the flaps. Not sure on which one and not sure I can get in the scrap yards at the moment.

I need to go the scrappy I’m after a rocker cover and a standard stereo too

Is it a fairly easy job? I read you can fit a different manifold without the flaps. Not sure on which one and not sure I can get in the scrap yards at the moment.

I need to go the scrappy I’m after a rocker cover and a standard stereo too

BKD manifold fits, with no swirl flaps. It's the same manifold part number, but with no H suffix.
Was full of carbon, and real pain in the butt to clean effectively, but worth it.
I also modified mine to enable better access to the oil filter, but with your shape of replacement pipe and gasket you won't be able to.
When you've removed the cooler the blanking hole on the turbo is an ideal access for cleaning that also.

IMG 20201114 145525885 copy 3024x2268

Reactions: Charlie Farley and samyam
BKD manifold fits, with no swirl flaps. It's the same manifold part number, but with no H suffix.
Was full of carbon, and real pain in the butt to clean effectively, but worth it.
I also modified mine to enable better access to the oil filter, but with your shape of replacement pipe and gasket you won't be able to.
When you've removed the cooler the blanking hole on the turbo is an ideal access for cleaning that also.

View attachment 214470

Wow thanks some great advice there!! Can the flaps be removed and blanked like in the vectras with the z19dth lumps? Looks quite easy to work on access wise

Wow thanks some great advice there!! Can the flaps be removed and blanked like in the vectras with the z19dth lumps? Looks quite easy to work on access wise

I don't think you'd be able to remove the flaps and control rods effectively.
And for £35 from eBay it's hardly worth the bother. Just replace the manifold for one without.

Top photo is my old one.
Bottom photo my cleaned BKD.

IMG 20201114 125127944 copy 3024x2268

IMG 20201114 130018857 copy 3024x2268

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Bit more of an update.

Wife has covid so I’m having to self isolate so decided today I’d remove my dpf and gut it.

Went pretty well but the **** hole before me had put inch and a half m8 bolts in the exhaust and dpf flange and took forever to get out usually I’d do it up the farm on the ramp not on the floor.

Anyway. Didn’t cut the dpf like most do just smashed it through with a long bar and a big hammer. Removed the egr cooler too aswell as the egr piping tomorrow I’ll refit the dpf and my egr blank then have a search for someone local for a map.

1f31c4253d5a0c6d51d7e028c4c50890.jpg

I
54d42e63e17f17e936bde6483939f74f.jpg

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and tr7
Bit more of an update.

Wife has covid so I’m having to self isolate so decided today I’d remove my dpf and gut it.

Went pretty well but the **** hole before me had put inch and a half m8 bolts in the exhaust and dpf flange and took forever to get out usually I’d do it up the farm on the ramp not on the floor.

Anyway. Didn’t cut the dpf like most do just smashed it through with a long bar and a big hammer. Removed the egr cooler too aswell as the egr piping tomorrow I’ll refit the dpf and my egr blank then have a search for someone local for a map.

1f31c4253d5a0c6d51d7e028c4c50890.jpg

I
54d42e63e17f17e936bde6483939f74f.jpg

Anyone know the ins and outs pro and cons of this come mot time ,my mots due soon and I’ve considered doing this after

Pros: No visible tampering

Con: More time consuming

Con: Can't remove and refit if required original (No going back). New DPF required if needed.

Last edited:
Pros: No visible tampering

Con: More time consuming

Con: Can't remove and refit if required original (No going back). New DPF required if needed.

Will it cause smoke ?= mot failure

Will it cause smoke ?= mot failure

From my experience if the engines is a common rail it wont smoke my Mercedes never had a dpf and was mapped and never smoked, so if the engine is a common rail I'm assuming your be all good on the smoke side.

From my experience if the engines is a common rail it wont smoke my Mercedes never had a dpf and was mapped and never smoked, so if the engine is a common rail I'm assuming your be all good on the smoke side.

Pd 170 brd

Pd 170 brd

Sorry should of clarified me personally I don't know if the Audi engines are common rail or not that's something your have to look into or hopefully someone can share some light on situation but if it is common rail from my experience it shouldn't smoke.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Easy enough to todo but as mentioned it’s not reversible new dpf. But seen as my dpf is knackered I just decided to gut it. Wasn’t sure if I’d need to cut a hole in it and then weld it but when I took it off was pretty easy to get the bar and hammer out and just smash the internals out.

Smoke test is only done on idle and if you’ve got a friendly mot tester they won’t bother with it. My insignia had the dpf gutted and that didn’t cause any smoke on idle.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Sorry should of clarified me personally I don't know if the Audi engines are common rail or not that's something your have to look into or hopefully someone can share some light on situation but if it is common rail from my experience it shouldn't smoke.

Our generation Audi tdi are pd engines I believe,cr engine started 08 so b8 onwards (again I believe ) happy to be corrected

Booked in at the end of the month with a mapper near me. Have been looking at narcos in cov but mixed reviews on it. Also exhaust will be on the cards too

Wild seeing I had previously replied to this, ha