New member and new to Audi!

samyam

Reaction score
Hi I’m Sam I’m 28 and from Warwick.

I purchased my first Audi a couple of weeks ago moving on from Vauxhall after having bad luck with my insignia!

The car in question I got was a Audi A4 avant 2.0tdi with the BRD engine so 170bhp model.
Car has done quite high miles 144k but is in very good condition. And has stacks of history with it

Wonder if anyone knows the car on here?

Few bits on the list to get done one been the oil pump after reading some right horror story’s!
Maybe lower need to sort the head unit and some interior bits doing.

Here’s a couple of pics

dc88c92526d6bc384916feeaecabdb1d.jpg

9b0b43ebbdcc9ed6de676d81b21925f1.jpg

Couple with my plate on
293b048c0a0846309277a021357595ed.jpg

cbf415622311536d89d1dc74b3cfef2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, boffin486, Sloppy_1 and 3 others
Hello mate I'm Shaun, pleased to meet you. Rob also has the avant so he can guide you quite well. I think most members have their own groups as I rarely get any response to my posts. However "I'm just Rob" is a true gent and has guided me quite well.

Reactions: boffin486 and Sandra
Hello mate I'm Shaun, pleased to meet you. Rob also has the avant so he can guide you quite well. I think most members have their own groups as I rarely get any response to my posts. However "I'm just Rob" is a true gent and has guided me quite well.

I think that’s the way of forums now face ache has taken over lol

Reactions: Sandra
May i welcome you to the ASN, and it really is the best place for all things audi .:icon thumright:

You'll find all the info you need here plus more so don't be afraid to ask, if you don't ask you don't find out.:yes:

144k is not high to be honest, it's the right milage for the age of car.
The BRD code engines do have a few issues but they are fixable if you get them delt with early, well all audi b7 engines have issues and some are biggy's..:whistle2:.

There are lots of upgrades to choose from but just keep in mind things can get a tad costly very quickly so choose them carefully.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hi Sam first of all welcome to the group second of all put the avant up for sale as its the wrong one you need the saloon there far superior.........

Reactions: Charlie Farley
May i welcome you to the ASN, and it really is the best place for all things audi .:icon thumright:

You'll find all the info you need here plus more so don't be afraid to ask, if you don't ask you don't find out.:yes:

144k is not high to be honest, it's the right milage for the age of car.
The BRD code engines do have a few issues but they are fixable if you get them delt with early, well all audi b7 engines have issues and some are biggy's..:whistle2:.

There are lots of upgrades to choose from but just keep in mind things can get a tad costly very quickly so choose them carefully.

One of the main things I’d like to find out is who is the go to guy/garage for the oil pumps. Been quoted £495 supply and fit so far.

With mods I do go abit mad especially in the past! I’m definitely looking for leathers seen some s4 seats for £300 I may get if there about after Christmas!

Hi Sam first of all welcome to the group second of all put the avant up for sale as its the wrong one you need the saloon there far superior.........

Haha thank you. I did look at a saloon but drove like a dog! Plus Audi make beautiful estates!!

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Charlie Farley, Sandra and 1 other person
Nope, avants rule I'm afraid...:yes:, all you'll ever need plus extra room in the back, its a win win situation.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Sandra
Nope, avants rule I'm afraid...:yes:, all you'll ever need plus extra room in the back, its a win win situation.:icon thumright:
Yeah when I've had an arquement with my better half I've often wished i had an estate instead of sleeping in a glorified wheel barrow of a back seat in the saloon.

Reactions: samyam and Charlie Farley
One of the main things I’d like to find out is who is the go to guy/garage for the oil pumps. Been quoted £495 supply and fit so far.

With mods I do go abit mad especially in the past! I’m definitely looking for leathers seen some s4 seats for £300 I may get if there about after Christmas!

Just don't start looking at rs4 grilles, 18z brembo's, 19" rims , HU uprgades, etc etc oh yes and almost forgot S4 seats..lol.
It is a bottomless pit of expense and grief, but worth in the end.

Reactions: samyam
Just don't start looking at rs4 grilles, 18z brembo's, 19" rims , HU uprgades, etc etc oh yes and almost forgot S4 seats..lol.
It is a bottomless pit of expense and grief, but worth in the end.
Out of that list i only have the 19's and mines been a bottomless pit of expense?? Am i doing something wrong lol

I’ve looked at rs4 interior trim that’s got a nice price to it would t mind some 4 pots for stopping power!

Out of that list i only have the 19's and mines been a bottomless pit of expense?? Am i doing something wrong lol

nope , but if one is going to waste money , err invest in a car , then best go at it full blast.lol

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I’ve looked at rs4 interior trim that’s got a nice price to it would t mind some 4 pots for stopping power!

Funny you say that i was just looking at the 18z's then come across the 17z 4 pots but not sure if they fit on the front of the b7's?? there like half the price so might be a good investment if you can get them to fit.

Any good RS4 or S4 seats are not going to be cheap , I have the s4 recaro's and they are excellent, they should have been standard in the special editions, after all the DTM got them, but then the dtm got carbon trim aswell...

6 pot 18z's are epic on the B7.

Funny you say that i was just looking at the 18z's then come across the 17z 4 pots but not sure if they fit on the front of the b7's?? there like half the price so might be a good investment if you can get them to fit.

Best get your wagon back on the road and organise some.:thumbs up:

very little cost difference between doing the two project so the best plan is to go with the 18Z , well that's my view and yes I'm biased anyway.:yahoo:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows

What seats are fitted at the moment?

Welcome to the fold! Looks like a clean one you've got yourself in a rare enough colour

After you've the oil pump sorted I can highly recommend a Xenon upgrade for your first mod. Absolute game changer and the projectors transform the look of the car imo and really freshen up the B7.

Reactions: samyam and Charlie Farley
Welcome to the fold! Looks like a clean one you've got yourself in a rare enough colour

After you've the oil pump sorted I can highly recommend a Xenon upgrade for your first mod. Absolute game changer and the projectors transform the look of the car imo and really freshen up the B7.

Is it an easy retrofit?

They are the more sought after memory ones but are not B7 seats, they are from a b6 , they will fit ok but will need a few mods and that covering has seen better days on both fronts, they will probably clean up a bit more but surface is very worn on the seat base.
no pics of the driver seat base close up , bolsters on the outside edge on these get hammered so be very careful .

i'd offer him £250 cash tops as to get them looking nice will be a few pounds .

Is it an easy retrofit?

They are a straight swap fitting wise but wiring is different as B6 don't come with side air bags whereas B7 do also seat occupancy needs to be sorted with the b6 seat .
Depending on what variant you have will dictate what looms are in the floor connection so you may need to add looms/wiring to suit the application.

Welcome to the forum buddy.
As already been said, theres some cracking guys on here that know there stuff. Thats a nice looking bus too

Alex

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
Well guys I've found a beauty set of recaro interior, however the seller has stated that if my saloon doesn't have split seats in back the rear seats won't fit. I apparently need to cut and weld the back to fit them. The seats are avant ones but with the fabrication they would fit. Can anybody help me, is it really a no goer?

Hi Shaun, i'd forgotten you have a saloon, but yes they will fit albeit with a few mods, nothing that cant be overcome if the set is worth going with.

If your car has fixed rear seats and the new interior has split folding rear seats, the rear panel behind the back rest has to be cut out and some welding done for the bracket points, but if they are fixed into fixed, or split folding into split folding then you'll be able to fit it all straight in.

My seats are fixed, the new seats are split folding. I'll pm you Rob see what your opinion on them are.

Still enjoying the Audi. It’s had Togo back to him a couple of times for new egr cooler and the dpf blocked up so it was regenerate and to 0% as it was 98% full apparently.

Couple of of bits I’m going todo after Christmas.

Egr and dpf delete apparently it’s been mapped but it’s not the best map so will have it mapped at the same time. Just need to find someone reputable to do it in the midlands.

New bonnet
New wheels rs4 style I think
Lowering springs
Fit my hids
And possibly full leather

11d600590e9878fc9bf3f3d25d6a7b7d.jpg

Recent pic after a bath last week whilst I waited for covid results.

Reactions: tr7, boffin486 and Audi Bairn
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, welcome to the forum.
Have you got your oil pump balance shaft changed yet?
These are the guys to get it from-

https://www.kmbpartsdirect.co.uk/shop/

I highly recommend them, it's done on an exchange basis.

I've got a 2.0tdi bus myself, but with a BRE.
I had mine changed at 154k and not before time.