New member and future S1 owner

Bensb93

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and I am currently waiting on delivery of my S1 Misano Red 3dr next month from Milton Keynes Audi.

Car History

Peugeot 206- Death Trap on wheels! Perhaps why I had a soft spot for it.

Fiat 500 Abarth- Not the best technical hot hatch but I couldn't think of one more fun to drive. Had to go due to the extremely harsh ride.

Audi A5 Sportback 2.0 Auto 177- Went from one extreme to another. Stunning Car in and out but its not for me. Too big of a car for me, the engine and gearbox are not the best and to be honest a much too extreme change of vehicle. Only owned since September.

S1 will hopefully bring back memories of the Abarth, but have more of a daily driver feel.
Will be posting pictures when I take delivery and will be at Good wood and Frankfurt this year.

Reactions: Luc s1
Welcome!

See you at Goodwood.

You going to the Sunday Breakfast 'Bahn' meet there too? It's for anything German with a 155mph+ top speed. I went to Hot Hatch Sunday last year, it's good fun and you get to drive on the track (albeit at 10mph!).

Reactions: Gothy
Yeah that's on the list! May bring my friend along in his mk1 3.2 TT.:audibash:

Reactions: josedebardi
I replied to you other post without reading this one, you said you didn't like your A5 but I loved my one, I can now see that you had 177 bhp but mine was 245 diesel and had plenty of wooomph for overtaking and I enjoyed it but I agree, they look great but are a bit cumbersome and not the sort of motor that likes being thrown around, very civilised transport unlike the S1 which I'm sure I will get loads more entertainment from and can't wait for it to arrive, only a few weeks now, woohoo!

Its a good car, just isn't for me and doesn't suit my driving style. It was a big change from a micro hot hatch to an executive saloon and perhaps a top big a step, but hey! Roll on end of March :)

Its a good car, just isn't for me and doesn't suit my driving style. It was a big change from a micro hot hatch to an executive saloon and perhaps a top big a step, but hey! Roll on end of March :)
I know what you mean, they look good but boring to drive.

Welcome!

See you at Goodwood.

You going to the Sunday Breakfast 'Bahn' meet there too? It's for anything German with a 155mph+ top speed. I went to Hot Hatch Sunday last year, it's good fun and you get to drive on the track (albeit at 10mph!).

Ohhhhh tell us more about these Goodwood events Josedebardi.
My friend and I have been saying for years we'd go to the festival of speed.
Might have to pop up if some fellow S1 owners are going :)

Also congrats Bensb93 on ordering an S1. best colour btw :p

FOS is a right of passage. I go every year without fail. Bring all the car keys you can, gets you VIP access with free drinks/nibbles on most stands. Audi one is the best of course!

I was the only S1 at Hot Hatch Sunday, and it got a LOAD of attention. Quite a few thought it was a fake!
If a few are going to Bahn Stormers Sunday I recommend you register early on the site (it's an invite only affair, so only cars matching the theme get in), and arrive EARLY for a good spot, you need to be at Chichester for 7am.

Reactions: Gothy
Thank you very much! I'll probably be heading to FOS, Moving motorshow on FOS week and hot hatch Sunday.

That's the one I meant, woopsy! Just going to register myself, only been to FOS and Moving Motor Show.

Collection on Monday, 2 weeks earlier than expected! Dealer has offered paint protection film for free, has anyone had any experience of this?

Don't do it. Pay a pro to protect it properly. Dealers have a wash monkey apply it.

OK, may haggle for something else free in that value bracket.

Thanks and roll on Monday!