New member and buying an rs3

JPS_31

Reaction score
After being an avid viewer of this forum for around a year I finally took the plunge and signed up, so thought I would briefly introduce myself, whilst following up with a few queries about purchasing a new rs3 when the facelift is released next year.

I'm only 25 so would probably consider myself fairly young to most of you on this specific forum, could be wrong though?
My current and past vehicle in the last 5 years have both been vehicles I'd associate with being a bit of a petrolhead (albeit much cheaper models) of a Renault Clio sport 182, and a Renault Megane rs, also both unreliable French models.
It's safe to say I cannot see myself going down my current company car option of owning a 2.0l diesel model anytime soon, and so for the last year after finally getting on the property ladder I've been saving and getting myself in a strong place financially to move forward with purchasing an rs3.

Due to the impending arrival of the FL next year and I think the unavailability of even building an rs3 currently to order (I think) I'm now in the process of figuring out exactly how I'm going to go about purchasing this.

So first of all I'm after possible advice on comparable interests rates over pcp and hp purchases through Audi, are the interests the same? I've looked through their website and can't find specific figures, and I'm obviously not going to be discussing with a sales rep until I come around to ordering next year.
I think I'm possibly going to go down the route of HP as I plan to keep the car for 5 years at least, so this seems like the best option potentially? Can anyone advice on this? My concern on the pcp route is the interest rates you end up paying to the dealer so for example if I finalise a deal for a car around 46k, I'm probably going to be paying around 52k+ if adding in the final GMFV etc.

This brings me to my next question regarding the residuals of an rs3, and a potential completely new model.
I know nobody with know for sure but are we due a completely new model anytime soon (next few years) or just a facelift? And does this affect the residuals on the model in question much? As like I said I'm swaying more to a HP over 5 years, so just interested to know how much I'd be looking at potentially selling for along with predicted interest of 'older models' as there will certainly be a newer version out by that time.

Please go easy on me as it's my first post! I hope to be getting involved a lot on here during the months before my order and gaining more and more knowledge and listening and discussing other owners experiences, which I've massively enjoyed over the last year!

Finally, I'm based in Stafford and I have mostly heard good things about this dealer? So I shall be going there as my first port of call when the time finally arrives!

Reactions: Scottyg and Terminator x
Audi seem to have changed to a new model A3 every 7-9 years. New model will be out if you keep the saloon for 5 years imho. I don't think it will have big impact on residuals as not many RS3's seem to get built however the usual suspects may be along to crush me shortly.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
If you're planning on buying a facelift model which apparently will only be available at the end of *next* year, then surely investigating and weighing up the current financing deals is a waste of time?

Welcome along. The wait could be a long one for you and this particular car. There are still a few unregistered current model RS3s around and some nice nearly new ones that you maybe want to look at. No idea about interest rates at the moment. They fluctuate from model to model. Good luck in your hunt.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Radman
Welcome along. The wait could be a long one for you and this particular car. There are still a few unregistered current model RS3s around and some nice nearly new ones that you maybe want to look at. No idea about interest rates at the moment. They fluctuate from model to model. Good luck in your hunt.

Are there any unregistered?! I found one in the whole of the UK, which belonged to Audi UK and was Mythos Black.

The amount of nearly new are so few and far between now, it is a struggle for anybody right now. Higher mileage is the only option.

Reactions: Radman
And something else to take into account - will the new RS3 come in after Brexit which may or may not put the price up. All a complete unknown.
My take is that I may not even be here for the next model - so enjoy today's while you can!!

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and Terminator x

At the minute I'm in a place where I can only see myself just waiting out for the FL release. This is down to a few reasons;
- I'm a bit of a tech geek and whilst it may seem like an expensive novelty/fad for some I'm desperate for the Virtual Cockpit
- If I'm going to spend around 50k on a car I'll want it to be the exact spec desired as a pose to settling for something potentially just slightly close. This again is just an opinion and preference as I can understand most who will take something maybe a different colour to what they originally wanted etc.

Am I right in thinking a FL SB isn't even confirmed yet? If this is still the case early next year I think il just wait until I am able to order the current version and just settle for no VC. Not interested in the saloon it's really not my thing. If I was able to order one right now I think I'd end up just caving and doing it, but as I'm not this is making me more content at just waiting for next year.

Reactions: Scottyg
At the minute I'm in a place where I can only see myself just waiting out for the FL release. This is down to a few reasons;
- I'm a bit of a tech geek and whilst it may seem like an expensive novelty/fad for some I'm desperate for the Virtual Cockpit
- If I'm going to spend around 50k on a car I'll want it to be the exact spec desired as a pose to settling for something potentially just slightly close.
If I was buying now, I think I'd be the same and wait the year or so. The cockpit thing does look really very good. In fact it's more interesting to me than the increase in power! I wonder if they do a retrofit... PS, you mean "as opposed to", not "as a pose to".

Grammar police! :busted cop:

Reactions: AudiNutta
If this is still the case early next year I think il just wait until I am able to order the current version and just settle for no VC.

I'm afraid to tell you, the current version will never be open to order again!! The tooling on the lines has changed. It's saloon, or used Hatchback for the distant future.

Reactions: Terminator x
- If I'm going to spend around 50k on a car I'll want it to be the exact spec desired as a pose to settling for something potentially just slightly close. This again is just an opinion and preference as I can understand most who will take something maybe a different colour to what they originally wanted etc.

Am I right in thinking a FL SB isn't even confirmed yet? If this is still the case early next year I think il just wait until I am able to order the current version and just settle for no VC. Not interested in the saloon it's really not my thing. If I was able to order one right now I think I'd end up just caving and doing it, but as I'm not this is making me more content at just waiting for next year.
Mate, life's too short to wait around another year for the perfect spec, when you could be out there driving a nearly new RS3 that is going to tick most of the boxes. Sure you could wait a year and spank £50k to have it perfect but lose £5k straight off in depreciation as you leave the garage, or you could spend £10k less and get driving...