New mapping SD download.

Stevenspdo

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice. The vehicle on the map is shown to be 80 miles away, which I find odd. I have not altered the system in any way. It just occurred overnight. I have been told that there a a new map update that is free that replaces google earth and that this is wht my Sat Nav isn't correct. Can anybody tell me where I can find this download so i can use an SD card

I would suspect a problem with the GPS antenna on the roof or the system has somehow frozen and requires a reboot. If the vehicle does not move as you drive it is unlikely to be the installed mapping. My mapping is almost 7 years old and still works.

If your navigation is not showing the correct position then you have a fault with the antenna. In one of the navigation menu's it will show you how many satellites you are receiving.

For the A6 there is no replacement to google earth Audi chose not to release the patch for the A6, A7 & A8 models.

As far as map updates go if your card has SD card based navigation then the only option is Audi as there are no licensing hacks for SD card based systems. If you hard disk based nav then try gpspower web site. Sorry cannot post direct links to unlicensed software

Hi, I am looking for some advice. The vehicle on the map is shown to be 80 miles away, which I find odd. I have not altered the system in any way. It just occurred overnight. I have been told that there a a new map update that is free that replaces google earth and that this is wht my Sat Nav isn't correct. Can anybody tell me where I can find this download so i can use an SD card

Depending on your location, dealer availability and technical knowledge would really answer if this is the way forward, because the DIY solution isn't for the faint-hearted.

Also, you'd have to browse other sites/forums for more specific information here ;)

I would suspect a problem with the GPS antenna on the roof or the system has somehow frozen and requires a reboot. If the vehicle does not move as you drive it is unlikely to be the installed mapping. My mapping is almost 7 years old and still works.

It certainly was the antenna for myself last year, apparently its a common enough fault for earlier antennas.

Personally, I got the latest available replacement part via eBay, then silicone sealed it at all the joints during the fitting, it's better than new after this adventure.

If your navigation is not showing the correct position then you have a fault with the antenna. In one of the navigation menu's it will show you how many satellites you are receiving.

For the A6 there is no replacement to google earth Audi chose not to release the patch for the A6, A7 & A8 models.

As far as map updates go if your card has SD card based navigation then the only option is Audi as there are no licensing hacks for SD card based systems. If you hard disk based nav then try gpspower web site. Sorry cannot post direct links to unlicensed software

Funnily enough, that number of sats options is missing from some of the newer firmware upwards for whatever reason as I lost my mind trying to find it before :sos:

Google Earth and the rest is working here fine for up to K0942 with 2020/2021 maps on a 3G+ MMI, maybe its the embedded and MIB systems that are impacted by that update.

And it's the other way around for the licensing activation, as its very easily scripted for the SD card based units apparently.

But will leave it there as we're only speculating here :kissing:

And I almost forgot, there is a handy work around for the GPS fault until its repaired.

In the sat nav menu options, there should be presentation mode, we can use that to manually set the cars location at the time.

Then the units computer will calculate the cars position as it moves from road to road, it's not perfect but does work well enough.

Reactions: blackwood