New MacBook Air

joost

Reaction score
Well naffed off - just got a Macbook and the buggers go and release this:

Macbook Air

I'd be frightened of snapping the ****** thing!

Very nice bit of kit but don't know if I could justify they price as it is technically not that great a specification. 80GB hard drives are just not big enough these days. I like the idea of the 64GB flash drive but thats an extra £800. No DVD drive either (thats another option) and despite what apple say in there launch video, I still think we need an optical drive.

Super sexy bit of latest technology and will undoublably turn heads but is that enough to make you want to spend £1200?

Think I'll hang on for the new MacBook Pro which is rumoured to be out shortly.

For those who haven seen it yet

[ytv]W7askBmF4_c[/ytv]

But thats the problem, MS & APPL are starting to find difficult to come up with new features, its becoming boring, I'm an MS man myself, but even the sights of windows 7 is like ye & whats so special, along with the new Golf 6, whats so special, same answer to them all, nothingggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you're absolutely right - it seems that they're all searching around for the 'next big thing' at the moment - Windows Vista has been a bit of a let-down because of all the stuff they removed before launch (db filing system etc.).

The Macbook Airs are all style and no substance - to use CAT5 you need to use a USB-Ethernet adaptor ***! How rubbish is that.

Who knows when something groundbreaking will come along!