New Kitchens.....Help

Gilly

Reaction score
Guys

sorry for the dullness of this post, but i need some guidance

The Mrs wants a new kitchen...so do i to be fair, but i am looking around at reviews of kitchen companys and they all seem to be ****...bad customer service/shocking aftersales etc etc

i have checked out moben, ikea, b&Q, many of the big stores but the general them is they are all charletans

any one have any experiences of who is reputable and not likely to leave me with a bombsite

ta

I guess you cant fit it yourself then?

if you can get a trade card from somewhere, howdens kitchens are always brilliant. my old man is a builder and he always uses them. if you know any builders also, they may have a b&q trade point card, which can get you about 60% discount on a cooke & lewis kitchen which are also very good quality.

Stuff like this is always a minefield.. I'd recommend going over the small print in the contract/order to make sure there's no way they can sod off after having done a bad job. At least with the big companies you won't end up with someone straight off one of those cowboy builder tv shows.

I guess you cant fit it yourself then?

as it goes yes.....Howdens is looking like a good shout thus far...the father in law has an account too which is also a bonus...cheers fella's

Howdens or Selco.
Let me know if you need a good reliable won't rip you off builder :icon_thumright:

Fit it yourself! I didn't have a clue before I bought my place and the kitchen ended up looking the b*llocks. Nearly went Howdens/Selco but in the end managed to get the best deal on the Cooke and Lewis ones from B&Q (shaved the £6k asking down to a hair over £3k with free appliances). The quality is great, the carcasses are pretty standard but the fronts and handles are great. I'd also say that B&Q offered more in the way of innovative design and options than the others I checked out - like our half round breakfast bar with matching cupboards etc.

been looking at Howdens for my mum and dad, but they only need to replace the doors as units are like new.

Any pointers how to get stuff off Howdens to fit yourself ????

fingermouse, your best bet would be to get your doors and draw fronts from b&q, they always have specials on. with howdens, u have to have a trade account, so a builder you know would be best bet. if you were closer, could have helped you out.

no prob cheers , my uncle is a builder so might be be able to help. Don`t think my m&d want b&q stuff they are after one last quality update as my dad retires next year.

Wickes!

At face value that doesn't sound that stunning until you've been and seen what they do. Super discounts too. And yes, had one myself in January and I have no complaints

Cant rate Howdens enough - I'm on my 3rd kitchen from them now (in different houses :) ).

I do agree though that they're not exactly inspired and only offer quite standard kitchens.

If you need any tiling i am in newcastle staffs so give me a call...

Kev

Howdens all the way.

Ready assembles carcasses is the way forward, and the quality is fantastic