1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. bokoboy

bokoboy Registered User

morning folks can anyone off the top of their heads tell me how much I'm likely to pay for a new key for 2014 a3 ???? Thanks !:cry:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S32B

S32B Registered User

4. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

I got a new key via Audi last year (July 2016) for around £200 ish for my 2014 A3. Might have been more. I bought my car 2nd hand with only 1key. I was warned off going via a 3rd party key provider. The car had to go in to Audi for around 30mins whilst they coded the car to the key. I was offered a key via a car key service provider, forget the name, but they told me that no one provides the service where it can disable the alarm or have the transponder working. It will only work in the key barrel, which really makes it useless. Technology might have changed now. It I would be wary as I think Audi have to connect to the main system in Germany to pair the car via a 1 tone only code. If you search my threads on my profile then you will see the question I asked and responses I received, all which told me to only go via Audi.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  5. bokoboy

bokoboy Registered User

Thanks folks :racer:

6. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

7. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Moderator Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter

I don't suppose you bought approved used?

You get key insurance for a year or duration or the warranty I thought?

8. @udi A3

@udi A3 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I have yet to attempt to program a key on an 8v chassis. I am able to in theory get the dealer keys and code them in using online dealer tools, but for the cost involved and risks at this point I'd prefer to refer 8v owners back to main dealer.

Thanks for the mention.