New Key Rant.....

clem2192

Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

Am looking to purchase a spare key as I only have one at present. I contacted my local Audi STEALER and they quoted me £183.41 for a replacement key and coding!!!!!!

As much as I would like a spare key, I cant see how they can justify charging that kind of money.

Are there any alternatives to getting a spare key?!? Or is it stick with just the one or pay up to Audi

Nice One!

Ryan

Ask yourself, what will you do if you lose the current key?

It is a crappy situation but I am not sure how they code the keys :-S Is it done through vagcom/VCDS?

I remember going to renault to ask for a second key and they quoted me £120 for it lol

So can I get a replacement key from another manufacturer?!

Or did you have a Renault?! :)

Unfortunately I had 2 renaults haha

I have never looked into finding other manufacturers or companies that can code keys but I am sure there are some out there! Google it and see.

Google Hazzy Days or Hazzy Dayz - they do a lot of VAG OEM stuff which might include key coding!

Shop about for a different audi dealer. they are basically charging you £30 for the key and an hour £150, to code it. thats the price you pay for owning an auidi.

If you just want to get in i think you can code the key but if you want to work the imobaliser then it needs both keys, the car and a hook up to audi HQ to re set the lot.

you could always get one off ebay and have it coded to your car, then all you would need is the blade cur or a new one cut

According to Audi, the key comes in two parts, they are charging me £61.64 for one half, £51.06 for the other, 30mins labour + VAT!!

Boydie, if it is going to cost me £150 at a non-Audi place, I would rather go to my local Audi dealer and pay the extra £30ish.

i think audi may refuse to do it if i recall correctly but there are plenty of places that can