New issues to add to the "list" (parking brake and "park" gear button)

KevyD77

Reaction score
So in addition to the rear camera completely failing, and the random MMI reboots, Pre-Sense warnings and SOS call function errors (I'm sure you're all familiar with those), my car threw a further "wobbly" this week, adding the following to the list:

"Parking brake Malfunction" - yet the parking brake still works??

"P button (park gear) failure". Can't put the car in park without shutting it off completely.

It's booked in for a service and a "software recall" on Monday so I'm hoping it sorts all of these issues with the update. I'll be mentioning all problems individually however.

It's a nightmare to drive at the moment with the constant loud audible warning beeps every 30 seconds..... anyone had the same issues or fixed them?

(2021 A3 35 TFSi Saloon SLine).

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I had sos error and after the software update not seen it.
however I was driving home a few nights ago, joined the motorway after doing max 40 mph in traffic and remain so I put my foot down when I was on the slip road merging and car did nothing. Then gearbox oil temp exceeded warning flashed up telling me to stop the car. Luckily a parking lay by was just 30 seconds down the road but all issues went away and couldn’t see any trace of the error. Turned far off and on again. Drive has been ok since.
money more to add to the list along with my B&O high pitch cracking and door card rattling when music played. Going in for the second service on 9th November additionally looking at blank mmi screen sometimes when I get in the car. Reverse selected, the camera comes on but after D is selected it goes back off. Reset sorts it.
Of and randomly says that my parking sensors don’t work. That’s great.

Just like the 3rd brake light on my car

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I had sos error and after the software update not seen it.
however I was driving home a few nights ago, joined the motorway after doing max 40 mph in traffic and remain so I put my foot down when I was on the slip road merging and car did nothing. Then gearbox oil temp exceeded warning flashed up telling me to stop the car. Luckily a parking lay by was just 30 seconds down the road but all issues went away and couldn’t see any trace of the error. Turned far off and on again. Drive has been ok since.
money more to add to the list along with my B&O high pitch cracking and door card rattling when music played. Going in for the second service on 9th November additionally looking at blank mmi screen sometimes when I get in the car. Reverse selected, the camera comes on but after D is selected it goes back off. Reset sorts it.
Of and randomly says that my parking sensors don’t work. That’s great.
My car is also going in for warranty works soon which includes the same door rattling and high pitched cracking of the B&O speakers. I took it back in March for this, but they told me they were unable to recreate the issue so it remained unresolved, but it’s just gotten worse and worse since.