New iphone 8 & X

Raiden

Reaction score
Usually i'm not bothered about the hype but I only have a few weeks until upgrade time and looking at the X and 8 plus models i'm now confused what one to get.

I have a 6S plus at the moment and I want the biggest screen possible and watching videos so far on the phones I can't really find the answer I am looking.

I watch a lot of TV on my current phone so the plus model I have is good for that and for work and studying as I don't like carrying ipads/tablets. Also its handy for taking notes and reading.

So in general what has the bigger screen? So the X the whole front of it is the screen but one guy has said for watching tv etc the 8 plus is bigger but looking at the specs the X looks the bigger and its good not having a home button.

Also does anyone know anything about this new face ID for the X? Looks a good idea but I thought say your in the car at the drive thru and your using apple pay will I have to stick my head out the window to pay for my stuff. And at work when you have a cheeky look at your phone under the desk its just a simple push of the button. Will you have to **** around trying to get the phone to get your face and then run the risk of the boss catching you on your phone? #firstworldproblems

The worst #firstworldproblems is you will either need £1,000 or £1,149 to buy an X

They say that but my current phone was about £700 unlocked. With EE I paid £330. I should get £200 for my 6S plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Raiden I've got an iPhone X. I'm not one of those people that needs to have the latest phone but the IOS 11 update killed my iPhone 6S.

The main reason I got the iPhone X is that despite being smaller then the 8 Plus, the X has a bigger screen.

Other advantages over the 8/8 Plus is that it has an OLED screen, better camera and more functions (granted the emoji motion thing seems a bit gimmicky but I've not tried it yet!).

The loss of the home button and the flick motion is really good and easy you use.

In Jan i'm going to get a new phone but I have been tempted by the dark side.

If the new Razer phone wasn't exclusive to three and I would probably buy it. Tho yesterday I discovered the plusone 5T but again can only available on 02!!!!

Once all the hype dies ill go in a Apple store and try out the 8 and X to see if they can convince me to part with my money. Android seem to have up'ed there game.

Hi,

Have you had a look at the Google Pixel 2 / 2XL?
I've not had a look at one yet but if I was looking for an Android phone, I'd definitely consider one of these.
I've been a Nexus (predecessor to the Pixel line basically) user for the last few years and have been happy. Quick updates, no bloatware, easy to use, easy to cutomise etc etc...
Rather than getting an upgrade in January when its due, I'm just gonna get a sim only deal (about £10/month - Plusnet) and keep my Nexus 5X as its still got a lot of life left in it...

Cheers
Mike

I will have a look at the pixal 2XL. I watch this guy on youtube called 'unbox therapy' and that's his daily driver. Looks good but I hear it feels a little cheap and its not the best sound. He says after trying out the Razer he will probably switch to that.

The Razer ranks top for me at the moment. Big screen, excellent resolution and frame rate. But I just prefer IOS.

If I go android ill just have to use my old iphone as a glorified ipod. Need it still really for my Apple TV

I had a look at the latest Samsung phone and it’s quite abit bigger than the iPhone X therefore would be too big for to out in your pocket. I hear it’s a great phone but I much prefer IOS over android. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S Tablet and just don’t find android that user friendly.

@Raiden I've got an iPhone X. I'm not one of those people that needs to have the latest phone but the IOS 11 update killed my iPhone 6S.

The main reason I got the iPhone X is that despite being smaller then the 8 Plus, the X has a bigger screen.

Other advantages over the 8/8 Plus is that it has an OLED screen, better camera and more functions (granted the emoji motion thing seems a bit gimmicky but I've not tried it yet!).

The loss of the home button and the flick motion is really good and easy you use.

How do you get on with the 'Notch' ?

You really don’t notice it. The time sits at one side and the signal and battery st the other so works well

In Jan i'm going to get a new phone but I have been tempted by the dark side.

If the new Razer phone wasn't exclusive to three and I would probably buy it. Tho yesterday I discovered the plusone 5T but again can only available on 02!!!!

Once all the hype dies ill go in a Apple store and try out the 8 and X to see if they can convince me to part with my money. Android seem to have up'ed there game.

Is it not possible to just buy a OnePlus 5T and put your own sim in?

At £500 odd, it’s an absolute steal compared to the competition...!

£500 is a lot of money. Been looking at the pixel 2 XL again lol. Only £200 and I think I can get all my itunes music on there and use it with my apple tv with a couple apps available.

Comparing the specs the pixel is slightly a head of the iphone X but a lot less money. I love Apple products but I think there over charging people.

I did find a almost perfect phone that comes out next year but there's no contactless pay with it. Some new company called Akyumen are making the halofone. 7 inch OLED screen with built in projector but can run windows and android at the same time. Looks impressive

£500 is a lot of money. Been looking at the pixel 2 XL again lol. Only £200 and I think I can get all my itunes music on there and use it with my apple tv with a couple apps available.

Comparing the specs the pixel is slightly a head of the iphone X but a lot less money. I love Apple products but I think there over charging people.

I did find a almost perfect phone that comes out next year but there's no contactless pay with it. Some new company called Akyumen are making the halofone. 7 inch OLED screen with built in projector but can run windows and android at the same time. Looks impressive

The Pixel XL 2 is £799...?

Its a business contract my work pay so if I want a flash phone I pay the difference. The plan i'm on the prices seem to change every week for handsets.

Pixel 2 XL £250
iphone 8 plus £440
iphone X £440 but no stock till next year

Reactions: DrEskimo
Well I got a Pixel 2XL a few days ago now and so far so good. And I would say its slightly better then my last iphone.

Screen is bigger and a lot clearer and it's very fast. And transferring all my stuff to it was fairly painless compared to when i've upgraded to a new iphone. Some apps seem to have more features and run faster than they did on my iphone. And no word of a lie when I listen to music in the car now the sound is better and louder. When I listened to DnB with my iphone, I had had the volume on full blast it was loud but not loud enough for me. But with the pixel I don't need it on full blast, The bose sub seems to have a bit more bass and I even had to turn the levels down as it was too loud so that's a bonus. Battery life is excellent but the power brick is massive so I can't plug it in behind my bed but overnight it seems to only lose about 7% life. A full charge more or less lasts me the whole day and that's me watching tv on it on and off and play games during the day (I get a lot of spare time at work lol) and to fully charge it is about 3 hours.

Plugged in the pixel to my iphone and it transferred most of my stuff in about 30 mins. But what was weird and annoying at first was I only got half my music sent across and I couldn't figure out how to get the rest over so I went to bed with the hump. Next day I got up and plugged it in the car and every single song was on it? Some how the pixel up loaded it all over night. How it did it I don't know but not sure if I should continue buying music from itunes or from the play store. Only down side for now is I can't seem to get the films from itunes onto it but at some point I should figure it out. And bluetooth is not connecting but a update any day now should be out to fix it. Also if you bank with Barclays you can't use Android pay but Barclays do a separate app you can use to pay for stuff but you can only have one card on it so my debit card I can pay with but my credit card I still have to carry about. And HSBC app you can't use your fingerprint to login you have to use a password.

So if anyone did want to switch from IOS to android its not that bad if your good with gadgets and computers. I think for my wife i've told her to stick with apple as I know she wouldn't get on with it.

But for me it does everything I need but faster and better so if you're an apple person I would consider a pixel 2.