New interior lighting mods

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

Hey all,

little mod I was working on courtesy of @RobinA3

https://imgur.com/gallery/ywl90O0

custom looms for the ambient light strips, door storage pockets which all piggyback off the door handle LED’s.

the “proper factory way” to do this is to use pin 8 for the ambient lighting strips, but even after coding the door modules, 09 electrics, it seems you also need the “light package” VCP flash files adding to your door controllers and this was too much effort, especially when there was easier ways to get the same desired effect.

photos above :)

parts: 4 x footwell lights, part number 4G0919390B

custom looms supplied by Robin (rocketwires)

4 door card inserts with ambient lighting, part numbers are 8v4867409nwg1, 410nwg1, 419nwg1, 420nwg1

Oh and a dremel to cut the holes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'm a bit lost. Doesn't the car come with foot well lights ? Also all of the above, are they factory items ? I have never seen that door pocket one before or knew it was an option, neither knew about the illumination for the carbon trims either. let us know a bit more detail as this is interesting.

Sorry, I'm a bit lost. Doesn't the car come with foot well lights ? Also all of the above, are they factory items ? I have never seen that door pocket one before or knew it was an option, neither knew about the illumination for the carbon trims either. let us know a bit more detail as this is interesting.

Sorry yes. Footwell housing oem. Interior door card trims are an option to be illuminated on the The only. dremel requires to Cut the hole for door pocket lights