New ibis white 2010 tdi sportback owner

Pur8

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I've been some what of a lurker on here for a few months before purchasing an A3 sportback s line 140 tdi.
Glad to say, I've finally got one! (pics attached after first cleaning session).

As you can see it's the s line spec but with the lower spec black edition alloys, the mods I currently want to make are:
Led interior and number plate lighting
Hid fogs
Back 5 Windows tinted to approx 30%
Black edition grills/splitter or plastidip existing
Maybe a smart oem looking double din unit
And maybe a remap and a hit with the lowering stick
What do you guys think of my choices? Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMAG0770.jpg
    IMAG0770.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 537
  • IMAG0769.jpg
    IMAG0769.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 435
Reactions: Sandra
HI, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice spec. Where you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Nice car....where's the wheels gone ?

This is the second floating white sportback I've seen now..magical.. Ha

Thank Ron, haha didnt realise it looked like that, should have mentioned it was an optional extra on the s line spec

Reactions: Ron burgundy and Sandra
So sad to see such a lovely car with no wheels :p

(I don't think much of black alloys, oh yes I do, they look like s... :) )

Lol :D

Still look like big steel rims that have lost the plastic trims, especially when moving IMO :)

Thanks Dan, will look like a black edition but with subtle touches glad it's not just me that thinks they're a good idea!

Just a quick update guys, had interior leds and new fog bulbs courtesy of t8ups, can't thank him enough for the support, how quick the bulbs arrived and also smart advice about remapping:
IMAG0786

IMAG0792
Led number plate bulbs to match are one the way too
The new leds have made me want to retrofit the interior light pack so I think that's next on the list if anyone has advice or experience on the subject?
Cheers guys

Has t8ups got the led number plate bulbs in now that are error free ?

I believe they're in next week Rob as mine are being dispatched then, can't wait to complete the set

Haven't had much time/money for the car so have been doing little mods here and there so I'd thought I'd post the changes:
First of all is the S3 chrome pedals - brilliant addition to the interior
IMAG0913

New wheel nut caps (big mod I know)as I always thought they let the wheels down
From
IMAG0859
To
IMAG0861

Off track abit but I then managed to get this ( I dont know how although it was ALOT warmer when I got this as you can tell)
IMAG0973 1

After that I had the back 5 windows tinted by a company called Global Tint - happy with the results, just a touch darker than OEM
IMAG1291

Then a little larger purchase of the Xenonz RS3 grill - getting closer to the storm trooper look
IMAG1422

The back got a tidy up - The 2.0 badge came off and a pressed plate with no surround went on
From
IMAG1313

To
IMAG1348

Aaaand then this happened - I got a free brick, when Autoglass repaired it they put factory tinted glass in though which was a plus I guess
IMAG1359

Boot trim being taken apart trying to find glass rattling in the panels
IMAG1413

Then some wind deflectors
IMAG1420

Let me know your thoughts guys, any comments are welcome!
One artsy one for luck:
IMG 20150228 161839

Attachments

• IMAG1056.jpg
    IMAG1056.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 369
Similar to mine, only you seem to get +100% fuel economy !!!

Love your car..
I'm about to order the rs3 grill for mine. It Looks awesome in your pics. You've convinced me now lol

@Ibisa3 That was on a 20 mile ish drive, dual carriage way and town driving, although to be fair I had the luck of the traffic lights with me and barely stopped.

@lgooch I love the interior light pack, sets the cabin off nicely - haven't quite decided which way I want to go with the interior yet so I'm trying to get the majority of the outside sorted as I think but the interior light pack will be coming after seeing yours!

@Lee78 Thanks for the kind words, most of the mods make it look like a black edition so you're way ahead! The RS3 grill has made a massive difference, just looks much more aggresive!

Finally sourced all the bits to retrofit a flat bottom steering wheel (regretted not saving the extra and going for a black edition)
The wheel is a custom full perforated leather TT wheel with red band at 12 o clock and stitching and also with a carbon fibre s line badge too
Going for touches of red inside now me thinks, let me what you think!
IMG 20150527 201020

Process was fairly simple once all parts were sourced:
Disconnect battery
Remove the screw caps either side of wheel then unscrew
Return wheel to centre
Pull airbag towards you and unclip wiring harness then the multi function harness
Un screw three torx screws and take off little plate
M12 spline tool needed to get the wheel off
Ensure centre point is lined up
Pull off old wheel then do everything in reverse

yerr- bought them with the car, always planned to bring it up to BE spec but with little extras and the wheels were the first step

Nice looking car mate. How about some black Audi badges as well?

Where about in South Wales are you from? I live in Bridgend. Where's Global tint? I wouldnt mind all the rear windows tinted on my scuba blue sportback

Ah I thought about black badges but wasn't too sure!
I'm in rhoose mate, near Barry
they did a good job on mine and even did one of them twice because they weren't happy with the finish
Global Tint
Pontypridd
Rhondda Cynon Taff
CF37 5TT
Is the one I went to

next thing i recommend is RNS-E.Bought mine for 370pounds from a guy in eastern europe ,gave me an updated 2015 map dvd aswell.Its virtually plug and play all you will lose is your aux output but a retrofitter will sort that out.also get rid or those skinny front discs and get the 312mm also a diy project for the weekend

next thing i recommend is RNS-E.Bought mine for 370pounds from a guy in eastern europe ,gave me an updated 2015 map dvd aswell.Its virtually plug and play all you will lose is your aux output but a retrofitter will sort that out.also get rid or those skinny front discs and get the 312mm also a diy project for the weekend

Does the RNS-E work with Bluetooth and Bose speakers?

yes mine was a black edition with bose , concert unit .The people that sell you the unit give you the four keys aswell

Totally agree with the rnse and the brakes, they're on the list once funds allow
I'm thinking the 345mm s3 brake upgrade

Been neglecting this thread so time for an update!
First of which, a little something for the interior to match the new wheel, S1 gear knob!
IMAG1726
As my front pads were on their way out I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade the front brakes to S3 345mm discs, calipers and pads from @hxrpz
S3 brakes
It's been on the list for a while and with the massive arch gap at the rear, something had to be done so AP coilovers were the next order of the day from @DPM - sits much better now, was never a fan of the s line suspension and the quality of the AP is superior
Lows
And last but by no means least, subtle audi-sport.net stickers in the rear windows!
Stickers

New year, new updates, have decided to go with a few carbon interior bits with hopefully a lot more coming for the interior, airbag cover is Carbon Collective and I've got a gear knob surround getting skinned by Carbon Worx on it's way.
2016 01 16 113439

Next was LED number plate bulbs with cancellor loom - once again from @t8ups - easy to install, quick delivery and best of all, NO DASH ERRORS!
20160114 185856

I had a stage 1 performance map from Performance Engineering based in Cardiff
Nate the owner live maps each car in order to meet the customers requirements on a customer by customer basis (also takes a decent photo)
Mines a 140 so it was never going to be a demon but after the map I can safely say the drive is so much better, smooth delivery and increase driveability. I'd highly recommend Performance Engineering to anyone in South Wales area.
Rsz dsc 0146

One of the next things on the list is wheels, I had 3D stance on instagram to do a photoshop for me - what do you guys think? Top is how it is now, middle is Yido YA1 and bottom is Oz Racing Superturismo
A3ig

Reactions: Rog_B
Nice work fella.
Could you give the contact details for the RS3 grill and RS steering wheel ?
Thanks
PS my vote OZ Racing

Last edited:
I really don't like any of those wheel options, stick with OEM they look spot on you just need some spacers at the rear!

Really beautiful car though!!

The original wheels look the best to me as well. Your just changing them for the sake of it.

Where did you get the grill from and how much?