New Here :)

Dom Lewis

Reaction score
Hi all
Am new here, currently have an s1 on order ( full spec almost ) which has been built and is in transit, although I'm not collecting untill midnight release of 16 plate on March the 1st!
I currently have an a1 185 black edition, can't wait to have a manual again, but has I haven't driven the s1 I'm not expecting much difference in feel of the way it drives!

I have a few questions if you could help me out that'd be awesome!
1/ what do you do for security? I don't want a disklok or anything as I need it to be fast to remove due to rushing getting out of work to beat the que to leave!
2/ I was planning on getting revo stage 1 with a few other mods, ( mainly for tha switch box so I can use the security mod on the box !) I'm not fussed about engine warrenty, I'm more concerned the fact it's on finance, if I decide to upgrade can I give the car back to them with the map wiped or would I have to keep it?
3/ any new on that damn honey comb grill yet?!?

Thanks all :D

Hi
Good choice do you live in a high crime area? The vehicle has an alarm and immobiliser as standard I personally wouldn't bother.
Quite a few have revo remaps on the forum but as far as I understand a remap shows as a flag on the vehicle ecu system. You can go via a piggyback there's a few mtm, abt and dtuk. Beware though the clutch on S1 isn't quite up to the extra power. I spoke to superchips the other day they stated that when their software is removed it removes this flag and puts it to the normal mode.
I have seen that honeycombed grill in the flesh and to be honest it looks cheap and nasty the paint had started to come off it was on a standard A1 and the fit looked pretty poor, the grill I think you can buy on eBay as yet doesn't fit the S1.
If you have the chrome grill you can always buy a black one from Audi.
Have you honestly not tested a S1 haven't driven a 185 A1 but I don't think you will be disappointed.
1st March 2016 only 5 weeks.

Hi
Good choice do you live in a high crime area? The vehicle has an alarm and immobiliser as standard I personally wouldn't bother.
Quite a few have revo remaps on the forum but as far as I understand a remap shows as a flag on the vehicle ecu system. You can go via a piggyback there's a few mtm, abt and dtuk. Beware though the clutch on S1 isn't quite up to the extra power. I spoke to superchips the other day they stated that when their software is removed it removes this flag and puts it to the normal mode.
I have seen that honeycombed grill in the flesh and to be honest it looks cheap and nasty the paint had started to come off it was on a standard A1 and the fit looked pretty poor, the grill I think you can buy on eBay as yet doesn't fit the S1.
If you have the chrome grill you can always buy a black one from Audi.
Have you honestly not tested a S1 haven't driven a 185 A1 but I don't think you will be disappointed.
1st March 2016 only 5 weeks.

Hi mate thanks for the reply,
No not really but it's just cars are stolen left right and centre in surrounding areas!
I did originally look at dtuk but apparently the piggy back boxes are starting to flag up when they plug it in, also the car doesn't understand why it's got so much power going into it and th ecu can cut the engine out which is what someone I spoke to experienced when he was doing donuts in the snow !;)
Yeah the first mod I will be doing is a saches stage 1 clutch mate so that's all good!
I'm excited the time couldn't go any slower though !

In that case I'd go for a remap no hesitation I was always going to remap mine but I've bought a new tts.
After the remap I'd planned to get rid of the standard Bridgestones for Michelins.
Most cars are now stolen now via 2 in 1 burglaries so put your keys out of sight preferably in your bedroom that's the best security you go do, don't bother with a disk lock.

@Dom Lewis welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum :) x

Reactions: Dom Lewis
Hi mate thanks for the reply,
No not really but it's just cars are stolen left right and centre in surrounding areas!
I did originally look at dtuk but apparently the piggy back boxes are starting to flag up when they plug it in, also the car doesn't understand why it's got so much power going into it and th ecu can cut the engine out which is what someone I spoke to experienced when he was doing donuts in the snow !;)
Yeah the first mod I will be doing is a saches stage 1 clutch mate so that's all good!
I'm excited the time couldn't go any slower though !
Had my DTUK Box fitted now for 2 months,no issues,no engine cut outs,( no Donuts)!
I control the extra power with respect.

In that case I'd go for a remap no hesitation I was always going to remap mine but I've bought a new tts.
After the remap I'd planned to get rid of the standard Bridgestones for Michelins.
Most cars are now stolen now via 2 in 1 burglaries so put your keys out of sight preferably in your bedroom that's the best security you go do, don't bother with a disk lock.

Thanks make :) I'm just worried about if I decide to hand the car back in a couple of years will they buy it off me with a remap footprint on the ecu !

Had my DTUK Box fitted now for 2 months,no issues,no engine cut outs,( no Donuts)!
I control the extra power with respect.

That's good to hear, I have heard though Audi put a report out about when they look at the ecu they can see the increase of airflow and other factors from standard and are clamping down!

if your planning on mapping and modding the s1 before you even have it or even driven 1 why didnt you just opt for an s3 ?

if your planning on mapping and modding the s1 before you even have it or even driven 1 why didnt you just opt for an s3 ?
It's a very long complicated story, but cut short, Audi ****** up, so they upgraded me for free and I had to make a pretty quick decision, I had test driven a s3 before hand and found it quite dull, quick, but no fun.
Also I would like a manual ( I know you can opt for it in s3 but the 0-60 difference is like 0.3 seconds with manual in s3 in comparison !)
And I currently drive the a1 twin charged 185bhp model which I find fun so an s1 can only be better right ? :)

The TD1 code, which is produced when ECU software has been modified physically has to be looked for. It don't just flag up when you perform GFF it's shown in the PR code section on ELSA once a DIagnostic Log has been sent online so unless the technician working on the vehicle actually looks for it it will go Unoted.

It's a very long complicated story, but cut short, Audi ****** up, so they upgraded me for free and I had to make a pretty quick decision, I had test driven a s3 before hand and found it quite dull, quick, but no fun.
Also I would like a manual ( I know you can opt for it in s3 but the 0-60 difference is like 0.3 seconds with manual in s3 in comparison !)
And I currently drive the a1 twin charged 185bhp model which I find fun so an s1 can only be better right ? :)
I drove my nephew's s3 and the best thing about it was the exhaust note. Admittedly mine is remapped so it's quicker but I do enjoy a manual gearbox. His was the twin clutch dsg. I think you will enjoy the S1 when you get it. I still smile when I'm driving mine a year later

In terms of security I keep my spare keys locked in a safe in my house and then my actual car key in the drawer next to my bed. If someone wants the car they have to go through me first :p

We're in rental at the moment and the area isn't as nice as where we used to live so have to take a few precautions!

Reactions: Dom Lewis and Ian Whiffen
In terms of security I keep my spare keys locked in a safe in my house and then my actual car key in the drawer next to my bed. If someone wants the car they have to go through me first :p

We're in rental at the moment and the area isn't as nice as where we used to live so have to take a few precautions!
Hear hear. My spares are in a locked gun cabinet with 3 separate locks and my everyday keys are in my bedroom at night along with a very sharp Japanese Santoku steel knife

I drove my nephew's s3 and the best thing about it was the exhaust note. Admittedly mine is remapped so it's quicker but I do enjoy a manual gearbox. His was the twin clutch dsg. I think you will enjoy the S1 when you get it. I still smile when I'm driving mine a year later

I hate the duel clutch system, my 185 is so boring to drive, feels like there's no control, I'm thinking of getting a custom exhaust made or taking the centre silencers out, sounds much better imo:)