New here...questions.

Netwreck94

Reaction score
Hey all. Im really hoping that I can find one of these beautiful cars for myself in the near future, I just have a couple of questions. First of all, what is the main difference between the quattro and the FWD performance wise? Second, how reliable is the 2.8 liter and how reliable is the manual tranny? Thirdly, what are the most common problems with a 1996 and what should I look for when considering one? Thanks a lot

Evan

First of welcome,

Secondly go for a latter 2.8 30v (US 98" or Europe late 97") this is a much more powerful car than the 2.8 12v plus you have a few more tuning options. I would recommend the Quattro over front wheel drive because of the better handling over all i.e. the wet and I have not heard of any major problem with either transmissions. The cars do have there problems here and there has I have found out and Audi are a pain in the **** at times and costly but you do not have to buy from them and there are several forums which will give you Tec advise when you need it as I have found so making running cost quite cheap.