New Here! Looking to buy an a4 avant.

s123fal

Reaction score
Morning All, been looking around on here for a few days and thought i'd sign up to ask for some advice.

I'm currently looking to buy a 2.0 tdi A4 B8 S line AVANT, the one I'm currently looking at is 2009 car with 92K on the clock, is there anything I should be looking out for etc when viewing it, is there any common problems I need to be aware of? Should it of had the cam belt and water pump replaced by now? etc etc, any advice is greatly appreciated.

I currently drive a Mercedes E350 Coupe also a 2009 with 92K on the clock, which unfortunately is no longer practical, in terms of size and high insurance costs etc as I'm only 23! I've owned this for a year now and its never missed a beat or caused me any issues but needs must.

Also whats the "must have" mod's, I've always tastefully modified my cars, and cant leave them standard! I've been thinking, RS4 style wheels, Grill, lower grills, RS4 style boot spoiler, and a S4 splitter with twin exit exhausts if i can find one! possible lower the car a little more too, and tint the windows. Any thing else?

Hi Gazwould!

My current car is a 3.0L, to be honest i love it and love having 300 bhp and over 700 ft lbs of torque (yes its modified) but however i'm on a budget now as i've just bought my first house, so need to lower costs of insurance etc, plus i've not seen too many 3.0 litres within my budget! I'm sure if i can find a 177 and then remap it, it should be enough for what I need right now.

At that sort of mileage the timing belt and water pump should have been done. Got mine done by audi and its only just hitting 60000 on my 09 reg.

It's 5 years or 133k for the cam belt if it's a four pot diesel you're looking at so should've been done two years ago.
At that sort of mileage I'd check it's had a clutch too...
The 177 wasn't available till the 8.5 so if you're talking about the 170 I'd do some research into the real world mpg, I had one and it's not great.

71031-1bcd9d9f982fbe328a3358c3af5afd6e.jpg

So, I took the plunge and purchased this 2010 S Line Avant, 2.0 TDI, its only the 143 but I was actually surprised at how well it pulled once I got it moving, bottom end isn't great but thats not the reason I bought the Car. Anyway I picked her up yesterday and drove her 150 mile down to work last night, spot on! kept up with the big boys on the m1 not a problem. Loving having a manual gearbox again too!

The "mods" are on the way too! I ordered an RS4 grill and lower fog light grills last night from eBay!

Oh.... The only "issue" if you like is that there is a small hole about the size of a 5 pence piece in the rear passenger side B&O Speaker Cover, Does anyone know if these can be replaced? and if so are the parts readily available?

Attachments

• newcar.jpg
    newcar.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: RS5 JON
Nice car, re lower fog light grills, are they the honeycombe ones, if so are you sure these will fit an s-line?
JG

Ah... Tbh I didn't even think to look! If not I'll just stick them back on ebay, or see if the seller excepts returns! An oversight on my part there! Thank god there not a fortune!

Ah... Tbh I didn't even think to look! If not I'll just stick them back on ebay, or see if the seller excepts returns! An oversight on my part there! Thank god there not a fortune!

No probs, just thought I'd try save you the expense if they didn't fit an s-line, haven't seen any on fleebay except the ones to fit an SE.
JG

The item description doesn't seem to say, I've just had another look and it just says to fit 2008 to 2011 A4 B8, More than likely from that wont fit! Damn! Thanks for pointing that out, I dont think they have been dispatched yet so im going to try and cancel them! Cheers :)

The item description doesn't seem to say, I've just had another look and it just says to fit 2008 to 2011 A4 B8, More than likely from that wont fit! Damn! Thanks for pointing that out, I dont think they have been dispatched yet so im going to try and cancel them! Cheers :)

Happy to help mate, that's what we're all here for. :salute:

Good luck cancelling them.
JG

71036-5d9d19a1f4d10ffd19f06da796badfa8.jpg
71037-2dcd96804d3eab4fb3fc9757f4572800.jpg
71038-db7c8647fe8a71073a52eeb06e3c07d5.jpg

Thought id share some more photos, standard for now :sly:

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 108
  • front.jpg