New Headunit to replace Concert with Bose

wilko

Top Gear
Hi guys, I need to know what able I need to install a Sony Headunit in my A3 to replace my Concert II stereo. I have Bose installed too. The cable I have been sent is a Autoleads PC9-404 but it has one too many plugs on the cable as when i look at the back of the stereo I only have two.

Can you please help so I can get this sorted ASAP?

I know this question has probably already been answered on here - somewhere! :)

Cheers guys!!

inS4ne

lives for speed
Could it be that the third is for use with a steering wheel remote? I would imagine it's a generic cable of sorts!

Edit: Having said that, have you got a seperate amplifier? If you have then that's what the extra cable could be for!

wilko

Top Gear
I do not have a seperate Amp as far as i'm aware. Just the standard Bose setup. Mayb I'll try the cable and see what happens. If anyone can help please let me know.

wilko

Top Gear
I think i've managed to figure out the amp/speaker connections. But the power block has totally thrown me.

Sony Manual & PC9-404 cables are in this order:
1 - Empty
2 - Empty
3 - Empty
4 - Yellow - Continuous power
5 - Blue - Power Antenna Control
6 - Orange - Switched Illumunation Power
7 - Red - Switched Power
8 - Black - Ground

What the sticker on the top of my Concert II says:
1 - BOSE
2 - DWA-GND
3 - K-BUS
4 - Empty
5 - Empty
6 - Empty
7 - Switched Power
8 - Ground

Do I need to make some changes here? Can anyone advise? And am i correct in thinking that the Aerial (PC5-52) blue cable can connect to the Red Switched power on the same lead or does it need constant power from the yellow cable?

wilko

Top Gear
So thanks to AndyMac all I should need to swap is the Red (switched and Yellow - Thanks AndyMac!

My only other question now is the DWA-GND which is apparently an Alarm Ground. I'll have to do a full test of the alarm when the stereo is in. I wish I wasn't stuck at work today! :-(