1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New Headunit & Bose VCDS/VAG Com Coding

Callum Jarvis May 26, 2017

1. Callum Jarvis

Callum Jarvis Registered User

Hi guys I'm new to posting on the forum although have been reading for ages now. I have a little problem and was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I have a Bose sound system fitted from factory but decided I wanted to upgrade my head-unit (Original RMC Connect plus) due to not having the DAB feature. I bought a RMC NAV PLUS online and got the component protection removed, the problem is that I have no sound. From my understanding the Bose has it's own amp in the boot and the actual headunit doesn't produce the sound. The new head-unit that I bought thinks that it just has the standard sound system installed and not the Bose. So my question for your guys is do you know how to tell the new head-unit that it has Bose installed and to use the external amplifier through the optical lead (MOST BUS I believe). A step to step guide would be much appreciated :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Thought I would post up on this as Callum contacted me in order to sort out this retrofit :)

Happy to say that VAG Car Coding was able to install the new RMC NAV Plus unit, remove the component protection and then fully re-code the unit in order to work with the cars existing Bose system. The only issue I had on the day was that the new unit had been removed from a vehicle which had Audi Drive Select and an AMI port and at the time I was not sure how to remove the ADS and recode said unit for the AUX input which was in the car from the factory. Happy to say that following some research Callum returned a few days later and I was able to remove ADS from the unit, as retrofitting is not possible, and then fully re-parameterise the firmware in order to remove the AMI configurations and add AUX Input functionality.

Below is a post from the VAG Car Coding blog:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/vag-car-coding-coding-and-retrofit-blog.322694/page-3

Audi A1 8X 1.2TFSI RMC Nav Plus Retrofit and Coding!

Succeeding where others have failed! The owner of this really really nice Audi A1 approached VAG Car Coding following another companies failed attempt to retrofit an Audi RMC Nav Plus unit with DAB to his vehicle!

•Factory supplied Audi RMC unit removed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    •Audi RMC Nav Plus unit installed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    •Audi RMC Nav Plus Component Protection Removed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    •Adaptation and Coding for DAB Digital Radio Completed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    •Adaptation and Coding for BOSE Sound System Completed⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    •Full Pre and Post works Diagnostic Scans⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    hello@vagcarcoding.com | 07950 737 899 | vagcarcoding.com
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    All VAG vehicle platforms FULLY supported including MQB, MLBevo, MMI4G/4G+ v1&2 and MIBv1&2 !
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    #vagcarcoded #vagcarcoding #adaptation #coding #diagnostic #retrofit #audi #volkswagen #vw #skoda #seat #bentley #lamborghini #bugatti #volkswagencommercial #vag #vaggroup #quattro #vcds #vagcom #vcp #vagcanprofessional #odis #mmi #mib #northlondon #rmc #geko #componentprotection

FullSizeRender 3-squashed.jpg FullSizeRender 5-squashed.jpg FullSizeRender 4-squashed.jpg FullSizeRender 2-squashed.jpg

Artimus and T-800 like this.