new headlight group buy

I'm still waiting on headlight motors to arrive that I had paid for at the time when we all payed for are lights. I emailed him and he said they would be with me in a couple of days but that was on the 12th April. I also have had no other commuication with him even though I've sent more emails. Hopefully soon we will all get sorted.
@hydro s3 , why not send @t8ups a private message rather than ask everyone else if they've heard from him?

Reactions: voorhees
Think you guys have got he wrong end of the stick, further up in the thread I posted about how good the lights are......
All I’m waiting for still in the LED interior package, puddle + numberplate lights.
I spoke to trups on the phone at the beginning of the week and he said he’s super busy and there’s a backlog of parts on order, hopefully next week our bits should arrive @hydro s3

Reactions: hydro s3
Morning all.

Sorry for the delay, all interior kits posted, total of 3 kits, posted yday so will be with you today to fit in this lovely weather.

Hydro, sorry for my delay, I had to re order these motors, ordered them from the usually place in Europe and and 2 days later they email me to say they have 1 in stock and the other will take a week, I replied back to an email chain we had to let you know, I have had a email to say both are now on the way and I asked them to post to you directly, I will pm you here with the tracking number.

Thanks.

Reactions: voorhees, hydro s3 and Sandra
Thanks trups for the update.
Just to clear this up and some people her seem to think that i was complaining about the lights. The lights are on weeks ago and they are amazing and I'm well happy with them which I had posted either on last page or the page before. Some people only seem to read a bit of the thread and jump in on the defensive and not know the whole story.

Reactions: Langsam, t8ups, GeorgieS3 and 1 other person
Fitted my headlights yesterday and what a blooming difference. I've not had chance to drive at night yet but I doubt I'll be dissapointed.

I'd say the only downside I left the headlights in my garage for a few weeks and after a very quick drive or very slowly (the main servo hose from inlet to servo decided to split) one has started to get condensation inside. Other than that they are perfect and I know im nip picking but besides that minor problem they are amazing. I'll definitely have @t8ups do my corrado headlights.

Reactions: hydro s3, Alex C and Sandra
@t8ups will get back to you, he is extremely busy but he does answer all his mail.

That would be up to trups, but I think everyone who would off wanted them by now would of jump on the last 2 especially since one just finished. So you would struggle to hit the magic number

Finally managed to get mine fitted....
7FFD96E9 86C2 483A AFF4 6D37D5B3FA4B

Thought I might as well fit the black grille while I had the bumper off....
4445971E 0B77 4352 91EC 0D72BCE96A6E

And put new fogs in (what a PITA!!), fitted some of Trups white halogen bulbs to keep it all matching.....
C50EE05B 9787 46B4 8C4C D75B97B6CD63

A2D34307 6489 45D1 8B75 3CAC5300E0F8

My favourite bit though was the indicator bulbs (sad I know!!), I’ve been looking for plug and play LED indicator bulbs for ages now as didn’t want to splice any resistors into the wiring. Stumbled across some that @t8ups has just had made that have built in resistors so they just fit like a normal bulb. They are amazing!! So much brighter than a halogen bulb and a more defined on/off flash that just gives it a bit more modern look.
BEFORE
E13C8792 E80D 4D7D 86D5 F92CFC0397C1

AFTER
34BA68F4 AD5A 466A 9025 BB42140339B5

Fitted them on the rear as well and I can’t recommend them enough, I didn’t realise how crap the standard halogens were til I ran them side by side with the new LED ones.

Also made sure anyone looking knew where the headlights came from....
F4DA7CF1 13BC 4A5B 9949 C36ED86525DB

The light from these headlights compared to the original Hella units is quite literally night and day....
652BC424 01C3 4CD4 A56B 1D6DCD511455

Needless to say I’m one happy customer, @t8ups is very busy but he’s helped me out no end so I recommend his services. Just be patient.

Reactions: t8ups, S3 Hilife, ToughlilT and 3 others
@warren9022 lights are looking fantastic. Nice to see the grill as well. Good work. :) x

try to remember this is his business, and I know that the internet is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week but that doesn't mean businesses are.

I couldn't do what tups has done on this forum, I simply dont have the patience for people wanting blood from a stone, but I suppose that is what running a company is like.

Reactions: t8ups, Rainbird and Sandra
No i prefer to just join a group buy rather than organize it. I just started following the s3 8l forum so when some1 starts a group buy i can join

When you speak to @8tups ask him can you start one and if he says yes then ask a moderator is it ok to start a group buy thread and then you just start it put ur name on it and so does any one else that want on. That' what I did on the last one. Now bear in mind what Stuart B has said but also the last one only ended a month ago so he will have other jobs in that will need done cause these take up a load of his valuable time. They are worth waiting for even if it doesn't happen straight away but good luck.

Reactions: Sandra
I’m also keen for a new set of headlights and bulb packages. I’ll keep an eye out for the new thread regarding group buy :thumbs up:

Reactions: hydro s3
I’m also keen for a new set of headlights and bulb packages. I’ll keep an eye out for the new thread regarding group buy :thumbs up:
I can make the lamps without been in the group buy.

Trying to get 10 people in the summer for a GB is a tall order peoples mindset would be that they don't need lamps right now. HydroS3 organized the last one at the perfect time and a few people dropped out. so far there are around 45sets of lamps I have built total in the last few years so they are a must :)

Reactions: hydro s3, S3AMJ and Tj 0785
try to remember this is his business, and I know that the internet is on 24 hours a day 7 days a week but that doesn't mean businesses are.

I couldn't do what tups has done on this forum, I simply dont have the patience for people wanting blood from a stone, but I suppose that is what running a company is like.

thanks bud. 5 Miss calls on Bank holiday Monday from the same number, maybe someone thought I'm a typical WhatsApp seller.

as I work single handed I try to do as much as I can in the hours I have in the day, I work 10 hour days and sometimes have to do that 6 days a week so hang in there for a reply all.

Reactions: Sandra, Stuart B, hydro s3 and 1 other person
My main headlight bulb went out tonight and with only 1 they're still better than the originals haha

On that note does anyone recommend what bulb I can replace it with?

Cheers

My main headlight bulb went out tonight and with only 1 they're still better than the originals haha

On that note does anyone recommend what bulb I can replace it with?

Cheers

Speak to t8ups I think there was a warranty on the bulbs

Ok so i got mine from trups. Left unit not working. After removing the protective film thats meant for transport i realize that the light has pilled off. The unit has not been turned on at all since its not working.

Have you spoke to @t8ups about it? It'll do you more good than posting it on here.

Reactions: Tj 0785