new headlight group buy

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Will bulb/ballast errors still be displayed on the DIS?

You wouldn’t lose any functionality if that’s what you mean, bulb errors would still be displayed on the FIS if you ever had one.

As much as I’d like to I can’t justify spending that on a car that only cost me £100 more!

However I am happy to buy anyone’s original xenon headlights if they need the funds to upgrade to these super headlights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As much as I’d like to I can’t justify spending that on a car that only cost me £100 more!
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

However I am happy to buy anyone’s original xenon headlights if they need the funds to upgrade to these super headlights!

You got yours for £550 ? All the more reason to if you got it that cheap, why so cheap

I’m a dell boy..got lucky I guess

1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3

Count me in! I’ve been following this since it started - now every time I look at the car it’s the first thing I notice (cloudy old lenses).

6500k, LED sidelights, full black out - I think

Cheers

Reactions: warren9022
1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3
8.ToughlilT

I've gotta get in on this one, been sitting on the idea of doing it for ages now

Reactions: warren9022
I’ll try and spark up some interest again.

Reactions: Sandra
1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3
8.ToughlilT
9. Drive2arrive

I’m in guys... only one more now eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Langsam, Chromag, Sandra and 1 other person
1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam
7.Georgies3
8.ToughlilT
9. Drive2arrive
10. RL28

Reactions: Langsam, Sandra, warren9022 and 1 other person
Ooh yeah!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: drive2arrive
Have you managed to get any photos?! I’m in regardless, just to help with options choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s photos in the original group buy thread towards thevdnd when people got theirs fitted

I will take the set with full black out and the 6500k bulbs.
I take it those 6500k bulbs will be the brightest?

where did you get your taillights .. or are they factory ... sorry to interrupt thread

I have just messaged the link to Warren for photos so everyone can keep see the options.

All options Without paint will be done 1st as they are around a day to do. paint options will take longer.

LED Flash to pass I can get in also, will be extra of course but not too much more than the ice white halogens I offer.

Reactions: Sandra and ToughlilT
DSCN1992 zps29bvuarv
High beam mh17 zpsinhtonqx
Image zps4e0m3qf9
Image zps8dthjhhj
Image zpsdzy30iqa
Image zpsuimbbcoy
Image1 zpsq0mnlyzl

These are nearly all @t8ups images regarding the A3/S3 8L headlights (I left out the ones that weren't applicable to options available). All the options are covered here I think.

What do the LED flash to pass bulbs look like Trups?

Reactions: Langsam, IPG and Sandra
Hi All.

Pricing:
Headlights are coming in more expensive than the last GB but with Discounts I can offer them at £420 Per set.
Postage in the UK is included, Postage to Europe is £15 and around the world postage is £30 extra.

paint work Options:
Paint work:
Front trim £20
Rear trim £20
remove Grey £30 (making of chrome needed)
Full Black out - £50.

Other options
Lens Etching - £45. (Ian PG is the only one I know that had this done)
LED sidelights - £7
Ice white high beams - £10
Chrome amber indicators - £5
Brand new Headlight motors - £40

What you get for the base price:
Brand new Housings
Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Bi Xenon projectors with precision bulb holders.
Brackets kit
Morimoto XB 35 HID bulbs 4500k, 5500k and 6500k colours.
Hylux Ballasts (3 year warranty on these)
Labour to fit all parts so you just unplug the old and fit in the new.
2 year warranty on projectors and bulbs.

As said, we need 10 people to get this going.

I think that's about it, a lot to take in but il be on hand to answer questions.

To refresh your memories on costs for the options available......

il get some pictures of them up later today for all to see. they are like them LED kits that are sold for improved output but they are not as good a xenon but as a flash to pass il let them out the door. usually if its not upto the job I wont but as your having Bi xenon projectors it will be fine.

Reactions: warren9022 and Sandra
Does the same apply as the last group buy @t8ups, a £200 deposit for you to order the housings?

On this one we can just do the full payments as I can block 2 weeks out for this and have them rolling like a production lines, as soon as the housings arrive I can split, work on and send out the door as last GB I had to wait on brackets to be made which took like 6 weeks, looking at Stock there is more than enough to convert 15 sets of these without running out and I also get the brackets made Local which only take 1 day to remake if I run out.

Shall we let it run for another day or 2 as I don't want any more add on's once people have paid as it tends to confuse things. I also have to finish off like 3 sets of headlights this week to be out the door lol.

Trups

Reactions: Langsam and Sandra
No worries @t8ups , it will give people time to digest the options available anyway. I thought I was sure of what I wanted until you mentioned the LED flash to pass :tearsofjoy:.

What's a quad set up t8ups and what's the flash to pass? I understand the concept of flash to pass but how will these be different from regular lights as a result of the upgrade?

Reactions: drive2arrive
@t8ups Get out of town!! Really?! So I could do away with that ugly, good for nothing halogen and replace it with a another nice xenon unit? I know this would be more expensive but how much more are we talking.... :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Sandra
What's a quad set up t8ups and what's the flash to pass? I understand the concept of flash to pass but how will these be different from regular lights as a result of the upgrade?

As I understand it, flash to pass is purely the Halogen unit so when you flash the lights with the headlights off it is just the halogen bulb that will illuminate (hence why Trups is ok with possibly supplying an LED in it's place because it doesn't do any of the 'heavy lifting' shall we say)

When you turn the headlights on the bi-xenons then take over high and low beam (as well as the halogen on high beam but you won't notice the halogen with the xenon unit on).

A quad unit would replace the halogen unit with another xenon unit so everything is xenon.

Trups will correct me if I'm wrong!!

Reactions: t8ups