new headlight group buy

if not your wiring might be different and you need the range/level sensors in the wheel arches and the box that controls it all to make them work properly

Will add this here also: all I needed to do to get them to work on my pre-facelift A3 (came with original pfl halogens) was swap the adjuster motors from the old headlights to the new ones, and use the adapter harness for pre-facelift plugs. Not sure how your MOT rules are for cars with after-market xenons, often these only apply to cars with factory fitted xenon headlights (i.e. they need leveling sensors and washers).

They scrapped this ruling in the Dutch version of the MOT, so no issue for me.

4500k is technically brightest as its the most amount of lights that usable in all weather conditions.
5500k still has the same amount of lumens as 4500k but in wet/dusky weather may appear as if no xenons are on but are pure white in colour.
6500k you loose lumens but the colour rating is cooler white like most new cars, this is best if you travel on very dark roads with no street lights.

Keep your ideas please and write out a new list for those that still want it doing then when it comes to take the orders I will need a spate PM with each spec but only when we go ahead with it.

Trups

Hello Trups, Can you explain what you mean regarding the 5500s? Same Lumens as the 4500s but you say in the wet it will appear as if no Xenons are on....?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Right let’s get a list of definates going so @t8ups can see who’s in......

1. warren9022

1. warren9022
2. Chromag

so the higher in K you go you start to drop Lumens, 5500k they have achieved a whiter light at the same lumens which is s bonus.

All cars fitted from the factory with Xenons come with 4300k bulbs for this reason so light is usable in all conditions but they always appear to be a yellow/white in colour where as a lot of people like the pure white colour.

out of 10 sets of H1 bulbs that we sell 7 sets are 5500k so they are popular and I doubt its noticeable but I just wanted to explain a bit more on the characteristics of the colours rather than hear say on someone who heard something on one of the FB groups where everyone knows everything about everything lol.

Reactions: hydro s3 and IPG
Good idea @warren9022 !!! Too many times with GB’s do people say
“Yes I’m in!!!” And then *tumbleweed.... crickets...*

Yeah it’s a bit annoying for the people that are serious about buying!! :grimacing:

What bulbs did you go for @IanPG ?

Would you recommend them?​

What bulbs did you go for @IanPG ?

Would you recommend them?
I went for the 6500k - they make my white LED foglights (also from Trups) look yellow LOL

Just read what trups has put down for YOUR application. There are a lot of unlit roads that i drive on so these were a no brainer for me.
... and then when you turn highbeams on... it's like you've never seen a light so friggin bright!!!

Reactions: warren9022
Any more takers? We’ve gone from 6 to 3, I was kind of hoping it would go in the opposite direction... :tearsofjoy:

Give it times it is Xmas after all the most expensive time of year plus I don’t think people realise how much new headlights actually cost considering new halogens and 2nd hand xenons with faded lenses go for £100-£200 and new from Audi £800 + and they are 20 yr old technology these may sound expensive but they really aren’t and are 10 x better than factory

Reactions: hydro s3
it will pick up guys so don't worry, I really hope the others that put that put their names didn't expect them to be a £80 HID kit.

Trups

Reactions: hydro s3 and warren9022
it will pick up guys so don't worry, I really hope the others that put that put their names didn't expect them to be a £80 HID kit.

Trups
You know that that’s what some people are actually expecting...

Reactions: Tj 0785 and warren9022
Surely people are not that nieve to think something like that. I suspect it will pick up in January I just hate waiting.

With you on that one, I’ll give it a few weeks and then just go with the original plan of ordering a set as a one off.

Reactions: Stuart B
you want to read some of the emails I get sometimes for upgraded headlights, I can pick out the ones that want some lights/parts just to get them by and the ones that want lights to see them through, I don't even take on work where someone wants me to cut a corner or just open a headlight up to fit a LED strip, we focus on the performance 1st before any looks.

Reactions: IPG and hydro s3
you want to read some of the emails I get sometimes for upgraded headlights, I can pick out the ones that want some lights/parts just to get them by and the ones that want lights to see them through, I don't even take on work where someone wants me to cut a corner or just open a headlight up to fit a LED strip, we focus on the performance 1st before any looks.

People don’t realise the work, expertise and quality of parts that go into your builds. A lot of people want you to bodge something together for them and for you to still offer the same guarantee’s and after sales if something goes wrong. I see it every day in my line of work too....

Reactions: t8ups
Morning all, hope you had a good xmas!

1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz

Reactions: hydro s3, t8ups and warren9022

Attachments

• 0CB52A73-043A-465F-9D9B-70E395E4417A.png
    0CB52A73-043A-465F-9D9B-70E395E4417A.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Sandra and t8ups
Hey, I might be interested in this group buy but are there any pictures that I could see to help me decide on options?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam

Hi everyone i know im new to the forum. But Ive spoken to EM Tuning off the forum about the group buy.

Reactions: warren9022 and Sandra
1. Warren9022
2. Chromag
3. Hyrdo s3
4. Maz
5. Mark Hirons (email)
6. Langsam

Hi everyone i know im new to the forum. But Ive spoken to EM Tuning off the forum about the group buy.

Welcome to the forum and the group buy @Langsam.

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks warren9022.

I cannot wait to get these new headlights, it will improve my s3 so much by not having cracked misty headlights.

Reactions: warren9022, hydro s3 and Sandra
Anyone else want to get involved in this group buy? Any chance of resurrecting the original photos @t8ups to drum up a bit more interest?

I'm def still in anyway. Drove the S3 up to Aberdeen last night and these lights are terrible compared to my daily. If we've not got the numbers by the end of the month I'm just going to bite the bullet and order a set. What would be the turnaround @t8ups on that please?

Reactions: warren9022