new headlight group buy

Reaction score
I was emailing @t8ups about a set of the headlights he did on here as a group buy. He said to start a new group buy he will need to see how much intrest there is for this as he needs at least 10 buyers to get a good deal for him and for the buyer.
I have started this thread so people can put there name down and @t8ups said he will up date it later or tomorrow with prices.
Im not sure if im aloud to start this thread or if a moderator has to. So if ive overstepped what a nember can do then ill leave it up to @t8ups to start a new one but if not ill start it of.
1. Hydro s3

Reactions: Sandra
I was emailing @t8ups about a set of the headlights he did on here as a group buy. He said to start a new group buy he will need to see how much intrest there is for this as he needs at least 10 buyers to get a good deal for him and for the buyer.
I have started this thread so people can put there name down and @t8ups said he will up date it later or tomorrow with prices.
Im not sure if im aloud to start this thread or if a moderator has to. So if ive overstepped what a nember can do then ill leave it up to @t8ups to start a new one but if not ill start it of.
1. Hydro s3

It’s fine to run this group buy.

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
4. Hendo#1 (price dependant)

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
5. Neso s3 (AUS)

I’d be In , again price dependant :)

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
5. Neso s3 (AUS)
6. Basil brush

FIY - These were going for at least 400 quid for all the price dependant people

Reactions: Tj 0785 and hydro s3
AND before you scoff at the price i think if you call up audi and ask for ONE new headlight (yes just the headlight... keep in mind these come with new ballasts) you will be surprised at the value of these

Reactions: t8ups and Tj 0785
I do remember reading the original gb posts and i recall that being said about the price and that if you went to audi they where very dear. I have saw pictures of the headlights @t8ups did and im well impressed with them and better than the original ones to.

I got a set on the original grub and are definitely worth the £400+ they were I’m even thinking of getting any set made for my mk5 r32 after Xmas

Reactions: t8ups
Just my luck there is now a group buy! I got back from Trups' garage on Saturday with brand new uprated bi-xenons fitted and they have actually changed my life. Amazing difference. And Trups is a very nice bloke too, so all in all, top quality headlights and a very pleasant fitting experience too. Wish I'd got them sooner!

Reactions: t8ups
Updated list, my name removed.

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
4.Neso s3 (AUS)
5. Basil brush
6. Limbo

I got these in the first group buy and they are very much worth the price. Be aware that you are getting a pair of custom designed, hand-built units which contain some of the best xenon components out there. As mentioned above, try pricing up the standard (poor output) headlights from an Audi dealership near you, and find out what value for money these baby's really are.

I still grin everytime I turn the sun back on at night, using the highbeam setting on my 20-year old hatchback :D

Reactions: t8ups, Sandra, IPG and 2 others
Missed out on the previous GB's but this time I'm all in!

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
4.Neso s3 (AUS)
5. Basil brush
6. Maz

Reactions: warren9022
Should be able to update tomo, I emailed 3 suppliers on the headlights so waiting on the last lot.

So far then:
1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022 - headlight housings and labour only.
3. Chromag
5. Neso s3 (AUS)
6. Basil brush
7. Limbo

I think we’re at 6 at the minute with the 2 that removed their names from the list as follows:

1. Hydro s3
2. warren9022
3. Chromag
4.Neso s3 (AUS)
5. Basil brush
6. Maz

I personally think it’s a no brainer with all of our headlights knocking on 20 years old and people on fleabay wanting upwards of £250 for full used sets with ballasts (that may or may not work and if they do probably won’t for much longer!!).

I’ll have them whatever happens, just be nice to get the housings a bit cheaper. I want to be able to tell people my 17 year old car has got bi-xenons :tearsofjoy:

I'll be punting my old ones on as well on eBay. Knocks the price down on what we pay for the new ones. If it means we're only paying £2-300 it's money well spent. Not sure if everyone is factoring in the cash they'll get for their old lights.......

Totally agree, my xenons have never missed a beat and they’ll go on eBay when I’ve fitted the set from @t8ups, I’ll be realistic about what they’re worth though and anything I get for them will be a bonus. I know people are different and each to their own but I like to try and fix a problem before it actually happens. With it being my daily I can’t afford not to.

Good point, I did not see people that removed their names.

Ian has found a few chaps on them FB groups but they struggled to join the forum so have asked to email me so I can list names on here so we could have the 10 that we need sharpish.

As the brackets are now done in the UK there will really be no lead time as long as there are not 50 different paint opitons been needed they can be a quick turnaround.

Trups

Thanks @t8ups, no paint options for me. I want them to look as OE as possible.

Hopefully Ian will get us the other 4 :grimacing:

I cant see it been hard to find the extra few people.

if OEM as possible then them sets will be done and sent 1st, I could probably manage 2 sets per day if no paint work.

Trups

Reactions: warren9022
Def still a set with chromed surrounds I'm after.

What are the paint options for them? They will definitely make a difference and as said the money i get for the old lights will offset what i pay for the new ones.

I will put this groupbuy on our Facebook to see if we can get your other 4 people. Also @t8ups if you know someone that has signed up to the forum, there first post should be the welcome section.

Have posted in the Aussie group @Sandra so the 4 could be easier than expected to round up. Depends how serious they are.

Have posted in the Aussie group @Sandra so the 4 could be easier than expected to round up. Depends how serious they are.
Hey Ian, how are you? If they are going to join you just add their names on so that Trups knows his numbers. :) x

Im interested in buying one for my a3 8L 97. Just tell me if i read right its whole headlight set with xenons with balasts and all other xenon shizzniks. Ready to install and shine once delivered or i need to buy anything else after buying. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes Full headlight ready to install if you have xenons fitted already if not your wiring might be different and you need the range/level sensors in the wheel arches and the box that controls it all to make them work properly

Last edited:
Hi All.

Pricing:
Headlights are coming in more expensive than the last GB but with Discounts I can offer them at £420 Per set.
Postage in the UK is included, Postage to Europe is £15 and around the world postage is £30 extra.

paint work Options:
Paint work:
Front trim £20
Rear trim £20
remove Grey £30 (making of chrome needed)
Full Black out - £50.

Other options
Lens Etching - £45. (Ian PG is the only one I know that had this done)
LED sidelights - £7
Ice white high beams - £10
Chrome amber indicators - £5
Brand new Headlight motors - £40

What you get for the base price:
Brand new Housings
Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Bi Xenon projectors with precision bulb holders.
Brackets kit
Morimoto XB 35 HID bulbs 4500k, 5500k and 6500k colours.
Hylux Ballasts (3 year warranty on these)
Labour to fit all parts so you just unplug the old and fit in the new.
2 year warranty on projectors and bulbs.

As said, we need 10 people to get this going.

I think that's about it, a lot to take in but il be on hand to answer questions.

I'll start the ball rolling.......

Labour and housings (already paid for the lamps etc) plus new set of headlight motors please, no paint options.

Haven't got a clue how bulbs are rated so I'll leave it up to you @t8ups , 95% of my driving is around town.

Thanks for all your help.

What does this trims mean mate? Can you show me some examples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk