1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New Guy. Old Question.MMI

Its.Rosco Aug 3, 2017

1. Its.Rosco

Its.Rosco Registered User

Firstly sorry if its been asked and answered before, i have searched but cant seem to find what im looking for. Basically want to know how i find out my MMI model, its sat in a 2012 A3 sport, I've played round and know where to find system info etc. Thanks in advance and sorry if its Noob question.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Registered User

So can you tell us what 'features' it has? Does it have sat nav? Does your buttons on the center console (not dash) silver? Do you have a sim card slot between the 2 sd cards on the mmi? Does yours have an internal hard drive for jukebox?

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Registered User

If it's a 2012 model then it's one of the very first 8Vs (I assume it is an 8V and not an 8P?)

In that case you won't have Connect (online services, SIM slot in the glovebox) as it wasn't available to start with.

You'll have either the basic system or the Tech Pack. Tech Pack has larger, higher-res screen and silver mode buttons under the control wheel as the most obvious indicators. Also DVD player in the glovebox rather than CD.

5. Its.Rosco

Thanks for the replies. Yeah what features other than the fm/am, is there dab? Can it be updated to include anything. Its an 8v, has the black console and wheel controls, 2 sds in the glovebox not sure what the player is tho.

6. Its.Rosco

Sorry been really stupid! Features inc Tel (basic calls and phonebook), cd, radio, media.

7. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Registered User

DAB wasn't included as standard till Q2 in 2013 if thats when the car was built.

DAB can be added as a 3rd part option but its a possibility. You can't really update it with functions or features unless you change the unit to a newer version but you will come across other issues such as SAT NAV activation and etc.

Tags: