1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Grill

Ryley99 Oct 10, 2019

1. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

So I got my car back from service yesterday and like a fool I couldn't wait to fit my new grill.

Long story short, I took the front under tray off to slide bumper on, does this have to be on before bumper installation? I couldn't for the life of me get it back on after woods.

Was pitch black mind you.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Well-Known Member Audi S3 Black Edition Manual

Move your number plate higher before you fit the bumper - it’s too low at the bottom of the grille.

Fit the bumper and then the under-tray.

4. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

Too low for aesthetic reason?

I'll have another go today in the daylight at getting it on now I know it will ta.

Also the metal bar that's behind the grill looks bad silver, am I ok to paint it black?

5. samuelh_888

Purely aesthetic.

yes paint it black. It will stick out like dogs nuts if you leave it silver.

6. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

Will black smooth hammerite be ok you think? and I will move it up a few holes also.

samuelh_888 likes this.
  7. samuelh_888

perfect

8. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

20191010_163443-1470x3024.jpg
    I have done it, a lot easier in the day light.

samuelh_888 and lafa3ro like this.
  9. AbsoluteA3

AbsoluteA3 New Member

Looks nice! I have an older 8P and went with the OEM black S-Line grille instead of the dark grey one. I think it looks much better. I'd contemplated going with the honeycomb grille but I still felt the grid design is better on my '07. If I had the later model like yours, I'd have gone honeycomb. I may have to take off the front bumper cover again, though... and hit that metal support on the right that is showing through with some black paint.
    [​IMG]

10. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

yeah I like both, yours is off the RS3 is it not? i think yours matches the fog light surround better than mine.

11. AbsoluteA3

AbsoluteA3 New Member

Thanks. Mine is just A3 S-Line. There wasn't an RS3 in 2007. You might be able to find fog light surrounds to better match your main grille. Early on when few parts were available, I saw a DIY where someone found a matching ABS plastic honeycomb and modified it to work.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Ryley99

Ryley99 New Member

Ha Ha i see, I'm new to Audi so you'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have seen the fog light surrounds on eBay for £90 but theres some other things I want to get first I.e wheels and a stereo upgrade, which seems wont be as simple as I thought.